• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Starting a business?

mzmickey

Mouseketeer
Has anyone here ever started their own business?

If so, how did you do it?

I've been searching and finding a lot of info on starting a business. All the sites talk about grants from the govt, but to find the information on the grants you have to pay/subscribe/buy something from the site.

I have a good business idea, just need to know how to go about implementing it.

Thanks.

In NC many Community Colleges and some Universities have Small Business Resource Centers that will help with all your questions. Also the Secretary of State's office (and website) has some good information on incorporting your business, doing a trademark search, etc. Also try US Small Business Administration for information on loans and grants.

Are you in Pennsylvania? Then try this site

Just remember that owning your own business is 10 time the work that you expect it to be.

Good Luck!!

I can answer some questions on the grants, but unless you are starting a not-for-profit business, it's highly unlikely that you will be considered for a lot of grants.

I'm not sure how often but the government puts out an RFP (Request for Proposals) newsletter. I'm pretty sure this is free, but I'm not sure how to get it.

I had to write a grant for a class last year, and I will never never do it again. It was a lot of work and in the end ended up being 270 pages. They take a lot of work and time, but if you have it, go for it. Any questions on books and resources, feel free to PM me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter