stars and stripe pass dining question

eeyore kelly

<font color=purple>I hate thinking I can sleep unt
Please help. My son is now enlisted (very proud mom here). We are starting the beginning planning of a May 2012 trip. We will be staying at Shades of Green, and purchasing the Stars and Stripes tickets. Can you attach a dining plan to these tickets?

Not sure about the tickets, the 2012 military special won't even be out for several months.

My advice is to book Shades of Green WELL in advance. May is a busy month and that hotel fills up quickly. When we were planning our honeymoon, we couldn't get in 6 months in advance. So set your date early, and book it. It will also help him to get his leave in and approved well early.

Of course, leave approval is always a different subject entirely. That's the other side of the coin with military, planning too far in advance doesn't always work out either.

No. You must be staying at an onsite Disney hotel and book a package to do the dining plan. SoG is not a Disney hotel. Now, SoG does have their own dining plan from what I've read, but it is only for food places at SoG.

Exceptions to this are DVC members staying on points and AP holders, but you still have to be staying at a Disney hotel.

You can get dining plans from Shades of Green but only for their restaurants- you can only get Disney dining plans by staying at a Disney hotel (Shades of Green is not one).

Also - Disney has been doing room discounts the last few years (2009, 2010, & 2011) which is 40% off room....for us it is cheaper to do the 40% off than to stay at SOG.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter