Starring Rolls Cupcakes to go?

Yes, but unless the containers have changed, they were the regular clear plastic kind that wasn't tall enough for the cupcake. If you lay it down or leave it upright the frosting got smushed. It tasted just as good, but didn't look as pretty once we got it back to our room. :)

We always get a butterfinger and peanut butter chocolate cupcake to go from Starring Rolls. We have usually been given 2 containers per cupcake (they were dark blue containers that we received). As purple figment mentioned, they didn't look good when we got them back to the room, but they still tasted great:-). We put them in the room fridge and they hardened back up and were not too mushy. I suggest you grab some forks to eat them with as they are big and messy.
Also, I've seen pictures from Josh at easywdw and the Trolley Cart looks to have the same cupcakes available as Starring Rolls and the pictures show a section with already packaged cupcakes (they have a different name from butterfingers but the reports are that they are the exact same thing). "chocolate toffee cupcakes" are the name given in Josh's report below.

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorize...se-starbucks-at-trolley-car-cafe-opens-21315/

Found the same thing. Boxes too short......but last trip found Starbucks had the same cupcakes and they are already in a plastic container and ready to go.

We always get a butterfinger and peanut butter chocolate cupcake to go from Starring Rolls. We have usually been given 2 containers per cupcake (they were dark blue containers that we received). As purple figment mentioned, they didn't look good when we got them back to the room, but they still tasted great:-). We put them in the room fridge and they hardened back up and were not too mushy. I suggest you grab some forks to eat them with as they are big and messy.
Also, I've seen pictures from Josh at easywdw and the Trolley Cart looks to have the same cupcakes available as Starring Rolls and the pictures show a section with already packaged cupcakes (they have a different name from butterfingers but the reports are that they are the exact same thing). "chocolate toffee cupcakes" are the name given in Josh's report below.

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorize...se-starbucks-at-trolley-car-cafe-opens-21315/
I bought the Toffee Cupcake at the HS Starbucks last month, and I can confirm that it's exactly the same as Starring Rolls' Butterfinger Cupcake.

We attempted to solve the portability issue once before by purchasing hard plastic cupcake holders specifically designed for keeping cupcakes intact...unfortunately (we were new to the Starring Rolls cupcake world), they were far too small for the cupcakes. We ended up with the smooshed deliciousness of a butterfinger blob and a red velvet/toffee blob later that night back in our room. I have not researched since then, but would imagine larger cupcake-specific containers are available, or there is undoubtedly some sort of Tupperware, Rubbermaid, etc., type of hard plastic container that would be sized accordingly. I have been in general opposition to Starbucks taking over the Main Street Bakery at MK (and the death of the pastries that were once sold there), but if the HS Starbucks has the Butterfinger cupcake by any name, then I think I can get on board with that particular location! Never understood why Starring Rolls closes mid-afternoon.

I was thinking that there should be a collapsible food storage container which would be tall enough to hold a Starring Rolls cupcake without smooshing it. But I haven't found on yet.

really wanted to try the butterfinger cupcake this past trip. but learned the hard way the place isnt open all day. showed up at 3:20 ugh!!! went to small store thats kinda attached to the cafe to ask if anywhere else sold those cupcakes and two different workers in there looked at me like i was stupid because they never heard of a butterfinger cupcake!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter