Starring Roles in DHS - what does DDP cover?!

marciemi

DIS Veteran
Anyone been here and used the DDP? I saw some awesome looking pics from this restaurant on the Food Pics thread, and really want to try it. However, it will be our last day, probably right before we head back to catch ME, so I don't want to be taken by surprise.

Can you use a CS credit to get both a sandwich and one of the yummy looking desserts? Can you not use CS at all and just use a snack credit for the desserts? Anyone tried either or both options? My goal would be to do the first - use a CS and get the sandwich and a cupcake!

Thanks so much!

They have some really large sandwiches that can be used on the dining plan as a cs meal. You can also get chips with the sandwich, and a dessert. They have a ton of desserts and many of them are on the dining plan. As I recall they were marked pretty well what what included in the dining plan.

Just got back on Friday and we ate at SR several times for snacks and a quick breakfast using snack credits. We used snack credits for things like bagels with cream cheese and juices, etc. A meal credit actually includes alot. It includes a gourmet sandwich, chips, a piece of fruit, dessert, and a drink. It also has great desserts. Try the banana split cake. Yummy!
Stephanie

Wow - that was quick! Now I'm wishing we had more than one morning at DHS! :rotfl: Thanks everyone!

Yum!!! I saw those pics too and thought it looked delicious. Now I know where I'm eating lunch on my DHS day! Fruit, and chips, and a dessert? Wow!!

We were just there the last week of May. The food was very fresh and the desserts were awesome. We did get the chips and the drink but as for the fruit.. i would say it would be a dessert or a piece of fruit not both at least that was our experience. We also had the same experience when we went there in November 2008.

:)

I think it might be chips or fruit for the side, then dessert. BUT, I bet you could get fruit instead of dessert too.

It would be a sin to get fruit instead of those desserts at Starring roles, lol!

We ate here for counter service lunch and had the huge sandwiches...Yumm!
Also, used snack credits at breakfast for the Cinnamon rolls on another. They were great. :cool1:

We have used snack credits for the banana split cake - it is wonderful (very rich though)! There are a number of other desserts you can use a snack credit for as well.

Please do not forget to ask for the flourless chocolate cake. It is my absolute favorite.:goodvibes

Even if you do not see it you can request the Grapefruit Cake or Cobb Salad that they sell at the TS/Brown Derby.

Pity the place closes early when we are there usually. My heart broke the first time when I had planned on stopping by on my way out of the park. :sad2:

Slightly Goofy

The cupcakes at Starring Rolls were marked as snacks on the DDP when I was there a couple of weeks ago. They are HUGE and delicious.

Not to change the topic (but I can since I'm the OP ;) ), does anyone know if the Main Street Bakery is similar? Can you also get a sandwich and good dessert there for one CP credit? The sandwiches I've seen in pics don't look nearly as good, but the desserts do! Thanks!

We were at Starring Rolls two weeks ago. We got a large sandwich (they are HUGE), a brownie and a drink with a CS credit. It was all great.

OP...keep in mind that they are not open all day. I'm not sure what time they close, but it is sometime in the afternoon. :goodvibes I've never done lunch at MSB only snack credits.

Not for anything but to add, when my DS and I were there, the CM servers there were the nicest, and I mean nicest we came across!
It was my DS's Bday and one of the ladies came out outside when we were sitting down eating our bagels and gave him a Mickey Sugar Cookie with the ears dipped in chocolate (oh, yum :cloud9:) and said that she noticed his Bday pin and to enjoy it!

The sandwiches did look awesome!!!

I never saw sandwiches there and we've eaten there a lot!! Wow, maybe I should get my glasses checked. I will have to check that out next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter