• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Starbucks ???

sarahlovesmickey

<font color=darkorchid>I could probably make Shake
I heard that Starbucks is going to start doing coffee for $1...has anyone heard this???? Know the specifics??:surfweb:

The news said it was supposed to be aimed at combating McD's and Dunkin Donut's cheaper coffees as they are their direct competitors they said.

Interesting....this will work for my DH. He just likes a straight cup of good coffee. No latte. No flavoring.

What's the regular price? Isn't it like $1.50 range?

I believe so. I think the problem is people think Starbucks and they think "Four Bucks" - as in each cup of coffee costs the same as their specialty drinks. Starbucks hasn't been doing well financially lately. They are trying to bring more people in and showing that hey, we have "cheap" coffee too.

our local tv station did it as well ceecee and McD's won here as well. I personally do not care for McD's or dunkin donuts coffee, but i am a huge starbucks fan!

I love the new Starbucks skinny lattes. I don't like straight coffee, but I also don't want a 500 calorie drink! Also I just like Starbucks! I don't *like* going into McDonalds. Starbucks is a fun place to hang out with friends and chat. I think for a lot of people it is more social....McDonald's, not so much.

As a Starbucks barista, I can say that it is test market in Seattle for a short (8oz.) coffee. The regular price is $1.50. As part of our "Just Say Yes" beliefs, at least in our store, we will honor that price if a customer requests it.
Refills for coffee/tea are usually 50 cents, regardless of size, as long as you are in the cafe-coming back after 2 hours is not a refill. If you have your own mug, you'll always get a 10 cent discount on your drink.
Personally, I am not afraid at all of Mc Donald's or Dunkin' Donuts. I wouldn't order a burger at Starbucks, so why would I get a latte at McD's? You go where a place does something well-sorry I'll never see McD's as a "third place" where I'll go relax, chat with friends over a nice latte. Starbucks has better music also!
DD, I like their donuts, coffee is weak but ok, and I've never liked their espresso drinks.
Starbucks has great principles and benefits. After all, that's why I went from customer to partner!

I hate McDonald's coffee. I am a regular at Dunkin Donuts for coffee, tea, hot chocolate, whatever my mood desires. Starbucks is my once in a while stop. I love the carmel macchiato.

Thanks Melissa...I never knew you could bring your own mug or that you could get reduced price refills! I live in Starbucks country (WA) and go at least three times a week. Lately my preference has been a nonfat decaf Misto (sp.) with a little Splenda in it...:goodvibes

I loved the Gingerbread lattes at Starbucks and truthfully have never tried any others except the high cal smoothies and teas.

There is a Starbucks in the outlet mall over by Little Lake Bryan -- about a 5 minute drive from Disney.

I feel like a nerd at Starbucks:blush: When I get to the counter---- I swear everyone looks at me and there are 2,000,000 different choices so I don't have any idea what to order....I feel the same way trying to order a drink at a bar or a glass of wine...:confused3 :lmao: :scared: I have pressure anxiety issues, don't I?...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter