• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Starbucks on main street question

Pepsi's Aquafina is the same - just municipal water (run through filters).

DH was just in Orlando (not at Disney) and said the water was terrible. He said it was as bad as Edisto Island, SC where you can't drink the water and have to go to the fire department to get special water.

If Disney's is filtered hopefully we'll be able to drink that w/o carrying around bottles!
in Utica ny the water is not much better

that stinks. is all the bottled water in Orlando like that? when we stay at Disney resorts the water is terrible from the tap and in the resorts the coffee is not even drinkable. maybe it's the brand of coffee. maybe were spoiled in the north east. our water is pretty good and you can drink it right from the tap.

Why does it stink? It's potable and doesn't taste bad. What more do you need? I doubt that all the bottled water in Orlando is like that- it would depend on the brand. If you absolutely must have only fresh spring water, then check the labels. All I need is safe water that doesn't taste like a chemistry experiment gone wrong.

Yes, the water from the taps in WDW (and the rest of Orlando) tastes really bad. Obviously they can't filter ALL of the water flowing into the entire resort area. But the restaurants use filtered water. IMO the coffee tastes bad because of the brand of coffee that they use. I've had good coffee at Disney, but you have to know where to look for it. Allears.net has a list of all of the places at WDW that has non-Nescafe coffee. And if you make coffee in your room, using the coffee that the resort supplies, use bottled water to make it- it does make a difference.

When is it supposed to open? I've seen conflicting reports. We'll be there 5/20-5/24. That's our favorite breakfast spot before we start our day at MK!

When is it supposed to open? I've seen conflicting reports. We'll be there 5/20-5/24. That's our favorite breakfast spot before we start our day at MK!

If Main Street Bakery (#45 below) is still not open during your trip (this goes for everyone there now, too)
they are selling many of the regular Main Street Bakery breakfast items
just around the corner
at the Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station (#48) in the mornings.

MK-MainSt-E-Nor-CU-062310J.jpg

I was aware of the temporation location, but that's in the opposite direction that we tour MK so we were hoping it would be open on Main St again by the time we get there. :)

BOO, originally it was scheduled for 5/17 but i've seen some june's too. they've probably pushed it back. :(

I would be really surprised if it wasn't open for Memorial Day. I'm counting on a soft opening!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter