• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Starbucks Location?

Slightly off tangent, isn't it strange how Universal Studios has a Starbucks and Islands Of Adventure doesn't.

I agree. I don't get where these prices come from. My beloved grande nonfat chai latte is way less than some of these prices I keep seeing and a regular tea is just a few dollars. Plus it's a good place to just relax for a bit alone or with friends. They always play good music and the people who work there are normally very nice.

Coffee here is generally the same price here as Starbucks coffee. You can't get a decent cup under $4-$5 here. I don't classify the Frappes as expensive because they are speciality drinks. I pay at least $6 -$7 anywhere else and much prefer Starbucks.

Never have understood the obsession and love affair with Starbucks. :confused3 Overpriced and over-hyped.

The coffee or the lattes? The lattes are very highly priced but the coffee is on par with the other coffee places (such as Dunkin Donuts). And as far as the taste it boils down to preference. Some call it over-roasted but I call Dunkin Donuts under roasted so I guess to each their own.

Completely agree. In NYC--it costs like $8 for a cup of coffee and there are always huge lines. I rather go to my local coffee shop and pay $1.25.

Don't get me started about about the people who act like SB's is a destination and will spend hours there.

Not sure where you go but coffee at Starbucks here in CT is $2.39 for a 20 ounce (venti). Are you sure you aren't thinking about their lattes (which is a espresso based drink)? Those are $4 plus.

So, let me clarify - are they going to actually have a full store for Starbucks? I read here (can't find the thread) that there wouldn't be actual stores, locations would just serve Starbucks regular & decaf coffee (like they do at our zoo).

So, let me clarify - are they going to actually have a full store for Starbucks? I read here (can't find the thread) that there wouldn't be actual stores, locations would just serve Starbucks regular & decaf coffee (like they do at our zoo).

The Starbucks that has opened over at DL at California Adventure is a full Starbucks. Coffee, Frappes, Iced Coffee, Food, everything. We are assuming this will be the same when it opens at WDW but that hasn't been confirmed.

...and they are just putting one in each of the parks correct? not any of the resorts/DTD/WPS? - bc that would be great also! ;)

Not sure what coffee palces use for water but I remmber a distinct "taste' to teh water in WSW. I am wondering of the taste of the coffee in WDW is due to the water?

Not sure what coffee palces use for water but I remmber a distinct "taste' to teh water in WSW. I am wondering of the taste of the coffee in WDW is due to the water?

Water is a huge factor in the taste of the coffee. That is why you can go to one Dunkin Donuts, get a good cup of coffee and drive 5 miles away and get a cup and you dump it. I know Starbucks for one uses filtered water so any variation in taste from one Starbucks to another wouldn't be because of the water.

I'd be prepared to bet that they will use filtered water. No offense to Orlando area residents, but the tap water really tastes awful. I think the parks must use filtered water for their soda machines as well- you can really tell the difference in the taste between the CS sodas in the parks and the sodas served at some off site restaurants. Heck I use bottled water to make our coffee in our resort room (plus I bring my own ground coffee, and now that they have the pod-style coffeemakers, will be bringing my own coffee pot.:rolleyes:) Must admit that I've never been a fan of Starbucks- I find the taste 'over-roasted' even though I like a good dark coffee.

I'd be prepared to bet that they will use filtered water. No offense to Orlando area residents, but the tap water really tastes awful. I think the parks must use filtered water for their soda machines as well- you can really tell the difference in the taste between the CS sodas in the parks and the sodas served at some off site restaurants. Heck I use bottled water to make our coffee in our resort room (plus I bring my own ground coffee, and now that they have the pod-style coffeemakers, will be bringing my own coffee pot.:rolleyes:) Must admit that I've never been a fan of Starbucks- I find the taste 'over-roasted' even though I like a good dark coffee.

What a coffee lover wouldn't do, right.:thumbsup2

What a coffee lover wouldn't do, right.:thumbsup2

I love my coffee. And in the morning I NEED my coffee. DH knows better than to even speak to me until I've got a cup in my hand:lmao:! Whoever said (was it Goofyernmost?) that Disney coffee tasted like hot water run through dirt :crazy2: wasn't far wrong. Personally, I like the Joffrey's coffee better than Starbucks, though. :duck:

I love my coffee. And in the morning I NEED my coffee. DH knows better than to even speak to me until I've got a cup in my hand:lmao:! Whoever said (was it Goofiernmost?) that Disney coffee tasted like hot water run through dirt :crazy2: wasn't far wrong. Personally, I like the Joffrey's coffee better than Starbucks, though. :duck:

I need my coffee too, did you see mug with Tink holding coffee, all sleepy and grumpy, this is me in a morning. I hate Disney coffee, when I tried for the first time I was questioning if it did not go bad. :crazy2:
I wonder how much Starbucks will cost, it is not cheap here but in Disney,.. better to start a fund just for that.;)

I don't get where people keep quoting the price of Starbucks coffee. A regular Venti (Large) coffee at Starbucks is $3 - very much in line with Dunkin Donuts. I actually buy Iced Coffee w/ Caramel at Starbucks for $2.95 which is "less" than Dunkin Donuts. Plus, Starbucks will refill it for me for free while I am still in the restaurant - same with hot coffee. The other drinks have coffee in them, but they should be compared to purchasing milkshakes, because they are a specialty drink not coffee. The only local coffee shops in our area charge prices that about the same price for a cup of coffee - no savings there.

I guess its different here in Indiana. I pay $2.15 for my grande coffee at Starbucks. Seems like a good price to me! :)

Ok....I think I'm the only person who actually LIKES Disney coffee! I can't stand strong coffee and theirs is so weak it is perfect for me! Looking forward to being able to get a frappucino though!

Enjoying my first Pumpkin Spice Latte of the year. Wishing I could get one in the World too. It just puts a smile on my face. I'll just head off site in the AM to get some Dunkin Donuts (we don't have any in MN) and SBs to put a sugary start to our day. :) Until SB is ready on property that is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter