• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Starbucks in the parks!!! ...soon

I wonder if they will accept the SB gift cards or if it will be like the Starbucks in hotels and airports that do not take the gift cards? I like that they will be themed for the land they will be in.

Disney Parks Blog says that they will be Castmembers so I'm sure the local Starbucks baristas in CA/FL are now looking for work at Disney?

While I'm delighted at the news (I exclusively drink Starbucks at home and at work), I don't read the announcement as saying that Starbucks coffee will be replacing the Nescrape' currently being served.

I don't mean to pour cold coffee on the celebration, but the Disney blog post mentions that there will be "six planned Starbucks locations" in both Disneyland/CA and WDW. So, while I'm still happy that Starbucks will be available, the announcement only says that there will be one Starbucks location per theme park.

But I can still dream. And you can bet i looked to make sure the date of the story wasn't April 1.

I wonder if they will accept the SB gift cards or if it will be like the Starbucks in hotels and airports that do not take the gift cards? I like that they will be themed for the land they will be in.

Disney Parks Blog says that they will be Castmembers so I'm sure the local Starbucks baristas in CA/FL are now looking for work at Disney?

As Starbucks is my blood type, I am beyond excited about this. ;)

The way I read the announcement was that six Starbucks locations that serve Starbucks products will be opened. I did not read it as all coffee in the parks being Starbucks brand. I honestly don't think they would make that move as it would be extremely expensive for both Disney and the consumer. Could you imagine all of the coffee in the restaurants and eateries being Starbucks brand? That would significantly jack the prices up. Similarly, Starbucks has specific procedures and standards put into place for all of their products. That can't be easily replicated in Disney restaurants.

I have a feeling that this is going to turn into a situation in which you can't use Starbucks gift cards similar to how you can't inside Barnes & Noble. It's a BN coffee area that serves Starbucks and uses their procedures, but is not technically owned by them. I can see that being the case here too. Either way, I'm jumping with excitement over here!

I'm so excited! I hope this concept is carried over to the resorts as well.

I love the new Starbucks Blonde roast. It's infinitely better than the dark, burnt, nasty crap they usually serve.

As Starbucks is my blood type, I am beyond excited about this. ;)

I have a feeling that this is going to turn into a situation in which you can't use Starbucks gift cards similar to how you can't inside Barnes & Noble. It's a BN coffee area that serves Starbucks and uses their procedures, but is not technically owned by them. I can see that being the case here too. Either way, I'm jumping with excitement over here!

I'm hoping it is like a regular store. The article said it would be the full Starbucks menu. The BN stores have the coffe, but the food is different. The Super Targets all have full Starbucks inside and you can use the gift cards there. So, I'm hoping I can use my Starbucks perks! Only time will tell. I just hope they're open this fall.

I love the new Starbucks Blonde roast. It's infinitely better than the dark, burnt, nasty crap they usually serve.

There's a lot of love for the blonde roast! I don't like it. It tastes like tea and coffee mixed together. But, I LOVE the dark, burnt, nasty crap. There's something for everyone.

Great news! There's no way I'll drink the current swill if there's a Starbucks within walking distance. I'll hold out until our touring plan takes us near sbux. It's not my coffee of choice back home (neither is DD for that matter) but at least it tastes like coffee!

I can certainly understand most of the excitement -but the stuff just kills my stomach and I avoid it all costs(except on the west coast where that is about all I seem to ever find). But at least it's an option over the Nescrape -I'll keep brewing my own coffee in the room for the most part.

I agree. However, I can only imagine how long the lines will be for the SINGLE location in each park. I hope they'll have a full menu rather than the abbreviated menu you see at some airport & in store locations. I agree that Starbucks coffee is generally burnt & bitter, but I think the Blonde roast is great. Excited to see this in the parks! I wonder if there will be crowds of tired adults running to Starbucks at RD ;)

I am not a fan of Starbucks, because Starbucks is nothing more than a status symbol for most people who go there.

They serve a sub par product at a above premium price. They would of been better off going with McCafe or Dunkin Donuts which are a better product at a much better price.

I suspect you are a baby boomer or older because my folks feel the same way about Starbucks. There is a definitive generational gap between those who are fans of Starbucks and those that are not. I would argue that those that disapprove do it on principle( liberal leaning company) and then end their thought with the notion that it is an inferior product. I am 41 and I believe it is a good product and have no hard feelings (politically) against them. Interesting note, my parents are hard-core Republicans. Take what you will from my thoughts on this.....

How many of you can envision a Starbucks Fastpass or needing to make an ADR to get your cup of Joe?

Already thought that! LOL
I figure I might actually have a shot at getting FPs to Soarin' and Toy Story Mania now! Do that first, then wait in line for 2 hours at Starbucks.

Although I will still be bringing my Nespresso maker with me in the RV. I can at least get one good cup in before hitting the parks.

My husband told me that he read that they will take Starbucks gift cards at the locations. :thumbsup2 I'll have to find out where he read that...

I am not a fan of Starbucks, because Starbucks is nothing more than a status symbol for most people who go there.

They serve a sub par product at a above premium price. They would of been better off going with McCafe or Dunkin Donuts which are a better product at a much better price.

Starbucks coffee isn't for everyone. I respect anyone who doesn't like the taste of the coffee. I, in turn, think DD coffee is too weak and mostly tasteless.

But where you parted company with me was in claiming to know that "Starbucks is nothing more than a status symbol for most people who go there." Just out of curiosity, do you have any studies or other empirical evidence to support this assertion?

How on earth is Starbucks a "status symbol?" :confused3

As for the price... $4.50 for a medium, FRESHLY MADE mocha is MUCH more reasonable than $3.50 for a medium mocha, coming out of a cafeteria style, McCafe machine, which is EXACTLY how the "specialty drinks" are made at McDonald's. I used to work there. I could tell you how some of the other stuff is made, but this is not that kind of thread... :rolleyes1

You didn't think McDonald's was steaming a fresh carafe of milk and adding fresh espresso and high quality syrups, did you?! :rotfl2:

How on earth is Starbucks a "status symbol?" :confused3

As for the price... $4.50 for a medium, FRESHLY MADE mocha is MUCH more reasonable than $3.50 for a medium mocha, coming out of a cafeteria style, McCafe machine, which is EXACTLY how the "specialty drinks" are made at McDonald's. I used to work there. I could tell you how some of the other stuff is made, but this is not that kind of thread... :rolleyes1

You didn't think McDonald's was steaming a fresh carafe of milk and adding fresh espresso and high quality syrups, did you?! :rotfl2:

So if a drink is $4.50 in the "real world", how much will it be at a Disney Park? $9 frappuccino, here we come!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter