Starbucks & Disneyland?

Blue4Bayou

"Hide the Rum"
Hello All, anyone know if there's any truth to the rumor about Starbucks replacing the current Disneyland coffee? If not, where can the best coffee be found? Thanks for your help.

Hello All, anyone know if there's any truth to the rumor about Starbucks replacing the current Disneyland coffee? If not, where can the best coffee be found? Thanks for your help.

Oh God, I hope not. Starbucks is way overrated. I've tried the coffee at different areas in and around the resort and was disappointed. I like my coffee good and strong. I have to make it myself for me to be satisfied.

That would be great! I had to get a Starbucks at the hotel and drink it on the shuttle over. Having one in the park would have been amazing. :banana:

Oh God, I hope not. Starbucks is way overrated. I've tried the coffee at different areas in and around the resort and was disappointed. I like my coffee good and strong. I have to make it myself for me to be satisfied.

IMO it's not "overrated" it's good coffee. ANYTHING would be better than the Nescafe junk they serve now. That being said, I think I heard that was a rumor and no it's not taking over, but what do I know? Personally I like the Costco store brand Kirkland

Starbucks may not be everyones cup of tea, but replacing the Nescafe is a big improvement. Now if they could just upgrade the rest of the food in the park. I really don't understand how Disney can run one of the best amusement parks on the planet yet when it comes to food they are sorely lacking. I can get a better meal at the food court at our local mall.

IMO it's not "overrated" it's good coffee. ANYTHING would be better than the Nescafe junk they serve now. That being said, I think I heard that was a rumor and no it's not taking over, but what do I know? Personally I like the Costco store brand Kirkland

The Kirkland coffee is roasted by Starbucks. :)

The Kirkland coffee is roasted by Starbucks. :)

The stuff in the 3# can? Not sure about that. I know I've seen some of the big bag of beans by Starbucks, but I"m not sure the stuff in the can is. It doesn't matter I like it. :surfweb:

The stuff in the 3# can? Not sure about that. I know I've seen some of the big bag of beans by Starbucks, but I"m not sure the stuff in the can is. It doesn't matter I like it. :surfweb:

No, I thought you meant the stuff that comes in the 2-1/2 lb bag.

Starbucks may not be everyones cup of tea, but replacing the Nescafe is a big improvement. Now if they could just upgrade the rest of the food in the park. I really don't understand how Disney can run one of the best amusement parks on the planet yet when it comes to food they are sorely lacking. I can get a better meal at the food court at our local mall.

Could not agree with this MORE!!! My DH is a huge coffee addict and spends a good amount of time on vacation looking for his fix...(including in DL and he never found it!) But we love to eat great food...and DLR for the most part...horrible food.

Mmm...love Starbucks, but I also love the coffee on Main St. in the bakery. I go there every morning I am in the parks!

Funny I was just coming her to ask if there was a Starbucks at DTD.
Jen

La Brea serves Starbucks. They have a kiosk thing outside the restaurant that sells it, too. Keep in mind, though, that if you're an early bird it probably won't be open when you're ready for it.

Hagen Daaz sells Peet's, which is very good. I also like the coffee at Compass.

I heard that the Market House was going to be serving a different brand of coffee. I read it on this board but the name of the company escapes me. I'd never heard of it.

Funny I was just coming her to ask if there was a Starbucks at DTD.
Jen

La Brea serves Starbucks. They have a kiosk thing outside the restaurant that sells it, too. Keep in mind, though, that if you're an early bird it probably won't be open when you're ready for it.

Hagen Daaz sells Peet's, which is very good. I also like the coffee at Compass.

I heard that the Market House was going to be serving a different brand of coffee. I read it on this board but the name of the company escapes me. I'd never heard of it.

Thanks I was wondering if La Brea served coffee. I love their bread and have it with butter for breakfast once or twice a week with coffee. :goodvibes

La Brea's coffee is quite good, just be aware that the lines in the morning can be very l o n g with people looking for their fix!

If you cross over the highway from Harbor Blvd (I believe) on the right hand side next to the gas station there is a Starbucks, I hit it every morning that im there...and its really a short drive, you could probably even walk there from what I remember!?!?

The standard Disney coffee has to be instant. I don't think it is possible to get brewed coffee to taste that bad. But maybe Nescafe invented a way to do it?

Once in awhile I forget and get a cup at a resort or buffet, and then end up pouring it out because it is undrinkable.

Starbucks, SBC, Peets, I don't care who they get as long as they get someone who uses actual coffee beans that are ground every day and then brewed or used in the espresso machine right. A few different roasts to choose from would be a bonus.

La Brea's coffee is quite good, just be aware that the lines in the morning can be very l o n g with people looking for their fix!

I hadn't thought about long lines. Thanks for the heads up.

goofycathy said:
If you cross over the highway from Harbor Blvd (I believe) on the right hand side next to the gas station there is a Starbucks, I hit it every morning that im there...and its really a short drive, you could probably even walk there from what I remember!?!?

I might have to check out the Starbucks. Thanks for the info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter