starboard or port?

karebear1

<font color=purple>BL II - Purple Team<br><font co
which side of the boat is better? DO you prefer one over the other?

Either one is fine by me as long as I can be on the ship!!! Honestly we have been on both sides and I can't really tell a difference. A lot depends on how the ship is docked at certain ports and at CC sometimes the ship pulls in straight, sometimes backs in so that would make a difference as well.

The view from both sides at CC is fine!!! Blue water all around!!!

MJ

Is one side better then the other for seeing land on approach?

I don't think so...while arriving at CC the ship head straight on and then turns to either pull in or back in so for the approach you just see the island ahead of you. We like to go up to the bow (front of the ship) to watch us approach Castaway Cay.

MJ

From my one Cruise 6/03 on the Wonder, because the Captain uses the side Thrusters when docking, the ship usually rotates and you can see the port from both Starboard or Port! Since I have to wait until October for my next Crusie, that's all I can tell you now!
Just as MJ said, its just great to be on the ship!!!
:D

We had port side and it was wonderful. (7 day western)

I can't imagine either side being bad...enjoy!

Is one side better then the other for seeing land on approach?
Deck 10 forward except for Castaway Cay, then Deck 10 Aft. This is the best place to be (ok, I've never had a veranda), you can even look down to deck 9 and see the captain parking the ship. Pretty cool.

we're doing the 7 day western and have been assigned room 6596. We are on the straboard (right ??) side of the ship. Is that a good place to be to see land on approach- in the distance.... or is there really no good side to be on for that? the impression I'm getting is you can see land from both sides of the ship. Is that right? Sorry that I'm not understanding. I've never cruised before so i really have no idea. But I would assume that the ship floats parallel to the island for some time before docking?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter