Star World?

TheLouCrew

Earning My Ears
What if WDI just decided on a Star Wars-themed park instead of a land? Think about it: there is so much material of the Star Wars universe to create into a world. Think about Harry Potter: Universal is now expanding into the Universal Studio area and they are bringing Hogwarts Express to life. I think transforming the Star Wars universe into a theme park would bring much more satisfaction to fans. There can be so many lands within Star World: Tatooine, the Sky World, Bespin, Endor, the Death Star, etc. Like I said, so much material.

Another thing to reconsider: WDI would like to have a third park in Anaheim. What if Star World was located at the Disneyland Resort and a few of those ride could also be built at DHS in Orlando?

Think about it...

I think most hardcore Star Wars fans that would push for an entire theme park would probably find it blasphemous to have Star Wars and Star Trek being marketed side by side like they were the same thing.

I agree there is enough there but when push comes to shove I think disney will go with just a land in a theme park. I wouldn't be surprised if after they see how successful it could be they may look into a world as an option. But until a land becomes super successful that is all your going to see is a land. Disney is going to be smart about this disney doesn't want to spend to much on these types of things a world just may be to much for now especially with everything else going on.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

All they need is a Star Wars themed roller coaster and a Star Wars themed restaurant at DHS and we're all set. Same with the Pixar area. I'm a strong advocator of lands within the parks based on two rides, restaurant and a shop all themed to that particular area.

LOL! What is the average age of a Star Wars or Star Trek fan fan Vs. HP?

Secondly, you're assuming there really is a WDI. Personally I think the 'good ones' are already over at Universal.

I disagree with the idea of a starwars land only. Of all the franchises out there, besides Mickey Mouse, nothing else base the staying power like starwars. It is a multigenerational groundbreaking series's that tells the classic tale of good vs evil. I can't think of a better franchise to leap into a theme park with.

I disagree with the idea of a starwars land only. Of all the franchises out there, besides Mickey Mouse, nothing else base the staying power like starwars. It is a multigenerational groundbreaking series's that tells the classic tale of good vs evil. I can't think of a better franchise to leap into a theme park with.

I am a life long Star Wars fan. I would love an entire theme park to Star Wars but I know it would not be practical. I have no clue how much a new theme park would cost to build but whatever theme you choose better have staying power. I remember "The Dark Times," from the end of RTOJ to the release of Timothy Zahn's blockbuster Heir to the Empire. Star Wars had all but vanished from public view. Only reason that hasn't happened this time around is because of The Clone Wars kept the ball rolling with kids and adolescents who grew up with that whinny Emo kid who wound up in the black suit. That could happen again after the next trilogy, unlikely but possible. If that were to happen Disney would have a massive theme park they just finished for a series that is running out of steam. Instead why not just add on a new land to an existing park that desperately needs new blood?

I think a whole theme park would be too much, a very well done land in DHS would be much appropriate, but hell, if LEGO can get their own park then Id think Star Wars could too, but again id rather see it in DHS as a very nicely done land with at least 2 e-ticket rides and 3 smaller ones

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter