• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Wars

chrismb22

DIS Veteran
What's the deal with this. (I'm confused as usual :confused3 ). I know the star wars weekends are over but are there still characters at MGM for meet and greet and stuff like that?

Also, someone mentioned Darth Mickey on another thread. Is that available yet? I'd love to order him and surprise my boyfriend when we get there.

Any help would be sooo appreciated.

There are Star Wars characters in the Stars & Cars parade, but I don't think they're available for meet 'n' greets. Of course, during Star Wars Weekends you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a stormtrooper or sandperson.

Not that I think Security would let a dead cat into the parks in the first place...

Darth Mickey - not sure about availability yet, but have you seen Darth Tater? There will soon be a Storm Tater too.

*EDIT* Darth Mickeys won't ship until late September or early October according to a different site (I'm not sure if we can post "competing" website links)

chrismb22 said:
I am almost afraid to ask -- what's a Darth Tater?
It is a Mr. potato head with a Darth get up on. It was just on clearance at WalMart not that long ago. It is pretty cute.

Darth Tater is a Mr. Potatoe Head you can dress like Darth Vader.

And sorry but I just cannot give up this opportunity for a vent (I tried to resist, honest) :blush:
Rate your movie whatever you want PG13 or even R, Free country, Creative expression, etc.
But don't then market it to the 3-4 year olds. :guilty: Yeah, I know they probably sold the rights to Hasbro years ago but still.

Thank you all for listening to my little tirade. I'll go take my medicine now. :rolleyes1

I'm an annual SSW attendee and SW freak. The Darth Mickey was available during SSW this year, but sold out very quickly. There was a website where you could order them, but don't know if they are still available. The same thing happened last year (2004 SSW) with the Jedi Mickey beanie/plush, but when I went this year they had the Jedi Mickeys all over the place. I assume the same thing will eventually happen with the Darth Mickeys. Since SSW's are very poppular and a big money maker, don't put it past Disney to work out a deal with George Lucas so they may continue the weekends.

gbmom said:
It is a Mr. potato head with a Darth get up on. It was just on clearance at WalMart not that long ago. It is pretty cute.

Ok, that was really cute!! I won't order Darth Mickey then. We leave for the trip Oct. 15 and I don't want to take a chance of it not being here. No biggie.

Sorry to tell you, but Darth Mickey has been sold out. I saw him on ebay for 250 dollars once. YIKES!! Luckily, I got him for 11 :)

Also, it's very rare that you'll see those characters out and about for meet and greets other than Star Wars weekends, but it does happen. Good luck!

I've been several times in September and had my picture taken with Chewbacca, ewoks(ewww) and various masked characters from SW. They congregated at unannounced times around Star Tours. You'll see some I'm sure.

"The Force is rather strong with you."

"How strong?"

"I dont know. A small pony."

"That is strong."

-Eddie Izzard

:rotfl: :rotfl: Wow! Eddie Izzard and Star Wars on one Post! You are one cool person!!

And only a true Izzard fan would know this one ''It's a manuever!" :rotfl:

jorodopo said:
Darth Tater is a Mr. Potatoe Head you can dress like Darth Vader.

And sorry but I just cannot give up this opportunity for a vent (I tried to resist, honest) :blush:
Rate your movie whatever you want PG13 or even R, Free country, Creative expression, etc.
But don't then market it to the 3-4 year olds. :guilty: Yeah, I know they probably sold the rights to Hasbro years ago but still.

Thank you all for listening to my little tirade. I'll go take my medicine now. :rolleyes1

I get your point, though, I don't agree on this particular count. I have a bigger problem when the sell sex to pre-teens and use foul language of any kind in anything under R rated.

My son is 3 going on 4 and Starwars is his favorite! He is being Darth Maul for Halloween, in fact. The Starwars movies are not so bad, there is no bad language - I've seen worse in movies like Dunston and Sandlot, no nudity and a bear minimum of blood. Its action, action, action and the boys love it! I am so going to look for Darth Tater to go with our huge collection of Potato head accessories. Before anyone discounts me as a bad mom, I am SUPER mom if I don't say so myself! My boys are respectful, smart, super guys who know how to act. My children attend the best schools and eat almost 100% organic and are subject to firm dicipline. But, they are movie guys. My little one also loves Harry Potter. Again, not much language sex or blood (we'll see with Goblet of Fire though). My first never saw this stuff but, once you get an older sibbling in the picture you are just not going to be able to keep them on the baby stuff. They are gonna want that action and adventure! Just my 2 cents!

Can't wait to get my little one on Star Tours, he was too short last year! I asked a CM last year about meeting Darth Vader and was told the same stuff posted here about Star Wars weekends and rare appearances. We did see him in the Star Tours parade though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter