Star Wars Weekends May 20, 2012 Meetup! UPDATE: MEETUP CANCELLED

CentralFloridian99

The guy who will ask all the celebrities if they w
I've decided to make a DIS meetup at Star Wars Weekends! I decided to make it the first day because it is the least busy, as the next weekend is Memorial Day weekend, then (gulp) Gay Days, then all the locals are out of school. Right now we're only in early stages, so I'll be updating as time goes by.

What we will do

Star Tours ride-a-thons (Fastpass highly recommended)

I might add TSM rides if you guys want (tell below!).

UPDATE: I've decided to cancel this meetup. Why? Because this meet-up will effect my touring strategies, and most likely your's too. Sorry, but enjoy your day at Disney's Hollywood Studios!

Good Day, and May The Force Be With You! :yoda:

I would love to meet up I will be moving there soon and I never did star wars weekend!! :) but I am down for the meet :)

Taking my daughters that weekend! Surprising my girls with a surprise trip to Disney- my girls are 7 and 4- although this trip is going to be extra special. It's only our 2nd trip to Disney, although we were there for the first time in June of this year. My youngest actually turns 5 on Monday while we are there! So this is why we are planning it for that weekend. My oldest LOVES all things Star Wars and she was actually Darth Vader for Halloween, LOL!

I have the dining plan, and need to hurry up with my reservations I know, so if anyone has any ideas on the best places to plan for since we will be there for the Star Wars things, as well as trying to do MK, and the Animal Kingdom as well. I was leaning towards Cinderalla's Royal Table for the birthday lunch/dinner and trying to arrange a cake or something. Other than that, I am pretty open. We are coming in on Thursday and leaving on Monday. :) So excited!!!

~Rachel

Taking my daughters that weekend! Surprising my girls with a surprise trip to Disney- my girls are 7 and 4- although this trip is going to be extra special. It's only our 2nd trip to Disney, although we were there for the first time in June of this year. My youngest actually turns 5 on Monday while we are there! So this is why we are planning it for that weekend. My oldest LOVES all things Star Wars and she was actually Darth Vader for Halloween, LOL!

I have the dining plan, and need to hurry up with my reservations I know, so if anyone has any ideas on the best places to plan for since we will be there for the Star Wars things, as well as trying to do MK, and the Animal Kingdom as well. I was leaning towards Cinderalla's Royal Table for the birthday lunch/dinner and trying to arrange a cake or something. Other than that, I am pretty open. We are coming in on Thursday and leaving on Monday. :) So excited!!!

~Rachel

Make sure you don't park-hop. Sometimes there will be a long wait to get back into DHS!

we are going the last three weekends, the kids are still in school the first weekend so we can't travel.

UPDATE: Right now, I might be going again on June 8, so that could fit with peoples schedueles. Remember, if you have any suggestions, tell it on here!

My girlfriend and I will be at the World for the first weekend of Star Wars Weekends 2012. A big DisBoard/SW Geek meetup would be pretty cool.

This is our first (of hopefully many more) trips down for SWW and we are very excited. Does anyone know typically when Disney releases a schedule/calendar of who/what is going to be going on each weekend?

I will be there for all the Star Wars weekends this year! But not as a guest, I'll be a Cast Member through the International College Program from May 6th to August 3rd!

My girlfriend and I will be at the World for the first weekend of Star Wars Weekends 2012. A big DisBoard/SW Geek meetup would be pretty cool.

This is our first (of hopefully many more) trips down for SWW and we are very excited. Does anyone know typically when Disney releases a schedule/calendar of who/what is going to be going on each weekend?

They release the list any time from Mid-March-Mid-April, but last year due to celebrity issues the celebrities were announced 2 weeks before the event.

What a great idea! Please include two more for the DIS meet! As soon as the schedule is released I will be happy to give some suggestions!

I'm moving the meetup to Sunday, May 20. I'm also close to cancelling this meet up.

Bummer, I'll be at the Studios on Friday the 25th. If anyone is there that day, let me know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter