Star Wars weekends information?

2BUBBAS

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know where I can find info regarding Star Wars Weekends for 2010? I mean besides the dates of the weekends. Looking for what is going on during those weekends . . .

Also, if anyone has been before and could share their experience, that would be great. Just trying to decide whether or not to book my trip during that time (have 2 Star Wars crazy kids).

TIA!

Info beyond the dates isn't out yet. IIRC, the full schedule for last year wasn't released until early April, although a few things were known before that.

The information on what celebs will be there, etc, will not be released until at least March...possibly not even until April.
I went in 2006 and it was very crowded. From what I'm told, the Star Wars Weekends always are. You can buy exclusive merchandise, and there will be exclusive characters out. I will see if I can post some pictures tonight.

http://sww.studioscentral.com/main/

This is where I got all my info before last year's trip. Like the PP said, nothing besides the dates are out yet (and this is earlier than the 2009 dates were announced too!). But there is tons of info on the above link about last year's weekends.

I am a HUGE Star Wars fan (dork, I admit i! :goodvibes) and so is DS. We went for 1 day last year and have 2 days planned this year (with a tentative option for a third day). We didn't get to see all of the costumed characters in just one day last year (and we were there from opening to close).

We stumbled upon one of those weekends last may, during our honeymoon.

First off, DHS will be crowded. Wicked crowded. Be prepared for that.

Two, they go all out. Stormtroopers on top of the entry gates, talking to the crowd. Star Wars Universe characters wandering around, as well as available for photo ops. And, of course, Jedi Mickey...not sure if any of the other Fab 5 are in their Star Wars gear.

Three, the celebrity encounters. Lots of SW actors, creative types, etc are there for autographs, special events, etc. Get there early if you want a chance to meet those people.

We stumbled upon one of those weekends last may, during our honeymoon.

First off, DHS will be crowded. Wicked crowded. Be prepared for that.

Two, they go all out. Stormtroopers on top of the entry gates, talking to the crowd. Star Wars Universe characters wandering around, as well as available for photo ops. And, of course, Jedi Mickey...not sure if any of the other Fab 5 are in their Star Wars gear.

This is what I'm interested in. The special charecters. How bad were the lines? I know they may vary but if we were to go in the mornings are you thinking like 30 min wait to see Mickey or Darth Vador or more like an hour for each line?

This is what I'm interested in. The special charecters. How bad were the lines? I know they may vary but if we were to go in the mornings are you thinking like 30 min wait to see Mickey or Darth Vador or more like an hour for each line?

About an hour. And they don't all come out at 9am either :mad: We went straight to Vader at 9am (and saw him within 15 minutes) but Jedi Mickey, Darth Goofy, Darth Maul, Captain Rex were all at least 40 minutes to an hour. And we never did get to Chewbacca since his line was crazy long too. I literally thought I was going to melt waiting in line for Darth Maul. His spot in the shade, but most of his queue is not (ditto for the Jedi Mickey/Leia Minnie/Darth Goofy/Stotomtrooper Donald line)

I'm surprising my DH with a trip to SWW for his 30th birthday this year, so I'm thrilled to find out more info. There is good information on allearsnet as well. The reviews and tips from past years have been really helpful.

I went to SWW for the first time this past year and absolutely LOVED it. Other than the fact the park was completely crowded, I really had fun meeting the special characters and seeing the special parade. It was great. If noone minds I'll share a few of my favorite pictures :)
storm-1.jpg

I met every single character last year during SWW - it took three days (on three seperate weekends).

The longest lines are easily Chewy and Vader. We stood in line for Vader for about an hour. For Chewy we asked the attendant when he would be back after lunch and then got in line about 30 minutes beforehand - we were probably about 15 back in the line at this point.

The shortest lines were typically the dark side - but we also did all of the dark side on the first weekend, which had smaller crowds.

Day 1/Weekend 1 (not in this order)
Darth Vader
Stormtrooper
Darth Maul
Aurra Sing
Boba Fett
Gamorrean
Jango Fett
Tusken Raiders
Zam Wessell
Mace Windu/Shaak Ti
Amidala
Luke Skywalker
Darth Goofy/Stormtrooper Donald

Day 2/Weekend 2 (it started to rain this day so characters went in)
Anakin
Jawas
Kit Fisto
Leia/R2D2
Leia Minnie

Day 3/Weekend 3
Cantina Band
Chewy/Ewok
Clone Troopers
Commander Cody
Ashoka
Captan Rex
Jedi Mickey

We never did a park opening, mostly strolled in around noon and stayed until 3 or 4. We arrived later on the 3rd day so that we could stay late for the Hoopla.

To see all of my pictures (sorted by side/character) click here. You'll be able to tell the three days apart based on my clothes.

we went in 08 and had a blast! my DH and DD are HUGE SW fans. We met most of the characters, but didn't make it the whole day. We had planned to do it fri and sat and our plans had changed due to an unexpected ADR at the castle on firday. My DD loves to study castles (not really the princess's) and I felt horrible when I couldn't get a ressie there. So that morning when I went to the desk to cancel one she said it just opened up.

Anyway so sat was our last day and we didn't get to stay the whole time. We met Luke & Leia who where with R2D2. My daughter makes different SW sounds so when she got up there she started talking like R2 and Leia was surprised and said you speak droid? that made DD's day! we saw some Jawa's, sand people, chewy, minnie as leia, and mickey as a jedi. And her biggest one was Darth Vader, she calls him her best friend. By the time we got to him she was getting crabby so DH stood in line and we went to see the HSM parade and when we got back he was almost to the front so she got in line with him till she got up there. All of a sudden her bad mood was gone. She was beside herself to meet him. After that we called it a day and headed home to KY.

We are going again this year and we will do all 3 days ( a little each day). We aren't scheduled to leave till tues and we are taking DS3 with us this time so no need to rush home.
l_2b82408041d2c2e2ba991ffd9afd281f.jpg

l_48dd51544b617a5efaf59174275af6b0.jpg

l_dbee88b93b874a53c874193e32a3be87.jpg

l_f9cf802672bbe257efbe80528c38ce82.jpg

l_f5906cc0f0dc413b709ef514ba97590a.jpg

Would this be doable? I have to be in Orlando the weekend of Memorial Day for the Scrapbook Expo. I thought of making it a family trip and then found out about SWW. That just happens to be dh's and ds' b-day as well (they share a b-day). Now I want to do it even more so for ds' b-day gift. I have to be at the show Fri and Sat from 9-5 (6 on Fri). Then breakdown on Sat. Would it be feasible to wait until the evening hours to go to the park on Fri and Sat and then do a full day on Sun? Would there still be plenty to see in the evenings? I'm also thinking this will save the heat of the day for the most part.

The SWW stuff ends at 7pm with the Hyperspace Hoopla, so you wouldn't get to see much, if anything, in the evenings. But Sunday is usually a great day to go, get to the park at least 30 minutes before opening to watch the Stormtrooper show and you will be able to see alot of it (including the parade and the hoopla)

I just wanted to agree - if you have Star Wars fans in your group then by all means go. Just the character parade is worth seeing if the meet and greet lines are too long. Get there early and check out the Stormtroopers talking about people on top of the entrance building. We've been twice and love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter