• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Wars Weekends info needed please

PigletsPal

<font color=darkgreen>Lives in HURRICANE ALLEY<br>
A co-worker wants to take her GS to a Star Wars weekend and asked me info about it (since I'm such a Disney Nut :rotfl2: ) But I have to say that I don't have a clue about it :confused3 . Loved the movies but that's it. Is there a web site that will give her the info she needs for ex. what goes on with different weekends? Which weekend would be better to go?

TIA to everyone for your help and answers.

Nothing has been announced yet. Last year, I think it was the last 2 weekends in May and the first 3 weekends in June. There have been years when it has only been in May.

And there's no guarantee that it will happen again.

The activities are the same each weekend. The only difference is the celebrities that will be there; those are different each weekend.

There *may* be different pins released each weekend and then it's a case of when they are gone, they are gone.

starwars.com usually will release the info first, then the various disney fan websites will have it. If you look on allearsnet.com and search for SWW, you can see what typically has gone on each year.

I think the news usually is released sometime in February.

Our trips usually overlap SW weekends. There are some special activities and SW characters are featured in the parade. There is usually a special "making of.." type film in the ABC Theater (formerly home to the interactive show with Lucy, Gilligan's island, etc), a Jedi Training School for the young ones & character/star meet and greets (there is a way to make prior arrangements and get passes for this, though I don't know the procedure). You will see a lot of park visitors in costume, Millionare has some SW based shows, special merchandise throughout the park and there are Imperial Storm Troopers above the main gate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter