Star Wars Weekends 2011

I think we're going on June 5th. What is the Hyperspace Hoopla? Is that a parade? What time is it? We also want to do fantasmic that night at 9 so I was wondering if there'd be a conflict and if we can do both.

I think we're going on June 5th. What is the Hyperspace Hoopla? Is that a parade? What time is it? We also want to do fantasmic that night at 9 so I was wondering if there'd be a conflict and if we can do both.

Hyperspace hoopla is a funny show I recommend seeing it. It normally plays at 7:00 PM on the weekend. Normally the show consists of a dance off with the Star Wars Stars. Highly recommend it! You should be able to do both provided the show lasts for 1/2 hr!

Hyperspace hoopla is a funny show I recommend seeing it. It normally plays at 7:00 PM on the weekend. Normally the show consists of a dance off with the Star Wars Stars. Highly recommend it! You should be able to do both provided the show lasts for 1/2 hr!

Does it play at 7pm on fridays too?

Does it play at 7pm on fridays too?

it goes on each night of SWW, BUT it is shown on the Jedi training stage and that area is super small so the show gets packed a long time prior to the show. Hopefully they will move it to someplace else this year so more people can enjoy it.

:confused3 am kind of getting scared away from SWW now we have been so excited about going but if it is so packed we can't do anything and people are so rude and we have to wait for hours to see characters how worth it is it? My boys are 7 and 14 they like SW but not fanatics we only want to see characters not Stars from the movies are those as bad I realize we will come back a separate to do rides and such we planned for that but I do not want to stand and argue with rude grown ups all day for kids to get to do nothing is it really that bad??

:confused3 am kind of getting scared away from SWW now we have been so excited about going but if it is so packed we can't do anything and people are so rude and we have to wait for hours to see characters how worth it is it? My boys are 7 and 14 they like SW but not fanatics we only want to see characters not Stars from the movies are those as bad I realize we will come back a separate to do rides and such we planned for that but I do not want to stand and argue with rude grown ups all day for kids to get to do nothing is it really that bad??

Nah don't get scared, it's worth it. I went in 08 and I didn't have to argue or fight with anyone, but then again I was by myself for most of the weekends I was there. The DW was off doing conference stuff. I never had a really long wait for any character, I think thats the beauty with having some many SW characters and everyone is spaced out. The only long line I saw in 08 was for Darth Vader and if it rained and they put the characters in one group, inside of Wicket's Warehouse. I thought it was a wonderful time really. I wanna go back again but then again I want go back during a time where it isn't only Clone Wars celebs they bring in. I don't want to have the chance to meet the guy who voices Anakin in Clone Wars. Anyways don't worry it

We can't wait. :cool1:

Don't get scared away. We attended SWW a few years ago and had a great time. Our sons were 5 and 8 at the time, and they are both special needs and do not do well in crowds. I would have definitely remembered if we had experienced heavy crowds. Here is what we did to avoid the crowds. We got to the park early, headed straight to the meet and greet area and did not have to wait for any characters. After that, we hit the rides. After lunch, I noticed that the character area was packed with people, but we had already visited all of the characters, so it wasn't a problem for us.

The only line I remember standing in was to purchase SWW merchandise at the store. If you want to buy limited edition stuff, be sure to do that after the characters. And be sure to get to DHS early.

I'm not sure what you are expecting but yeah it's crowded. And hot. And there is little shade. The only reports of rude people that I have heard of are at the Hoopla. It's just not been run very well and if they can get it together and get it moved away from the training academy stage then it would be so much better.

The only Disney characters dressed in SW gear are Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy. And last year they had R2-MK (mickey's R2D2..super cute!). The rest of the characters are those from the movies or the clone wars shows. And to be totally honest, it's hard to get everyone's autographs. The Disney crew only comes out 1 at a time. And you get in line and whomever you get by the time you get to the front is who you get. If you've seen them before you can step aside and let people in front of you until the next character comes out for their turn. But it normally takes 4 trips through the same line to see all the characters.

I would read the reports from last year to help you visualize what was going on over the weekends. It's a lot of fun if you go in with the right mindset and are prepared for the heat and the waiting.

Anyone have a link to trip reports from last year? I'm DISing from my cell phone and can't get search to work.

Looks like May 20 will be the start date according to Meg Crofton's statement. I got this statement from: http://www.magicalmountain.net/disn...e-announced-for-disney-hollywood-studios.ashx. I hope this is correct!

Here's the text from the article:

Meg Crofton, the President of Walt Disney World Resort, said that "Star Tours 2: The Adventure Continues in 3D" is slated to open May 20, 2011 and will launch "the new Star Wars Weekends" at the Walt Disney World Resort.

What does "new" star wars weekends mean?

Yes and no. Honestly. It can be hard, there are characters always out, and some lines are long - like darth vader is long all day. The other thing is that most of the lines have different characters at different times - for example, boba fett and jango fett. So somebody might get in line with boba fett at the front, and it be jango fett when they get there. I know we saw commander cody 3 times before I finally just started letting people in front of us until we got captain rex. The line right at the star tours cue has luke, leia, r2-d2, and c3po. That line is usually long and they alternate, so you might get one or you might get two by the time you get up there. Some characters just "roam" so you have to go get them - there are three main "areas," in one jawas sort of roam, in another clone troopers roam, in the dark side area you might see tuskan raiders or storm troopers roaming. For example, Aura sing is a "roamer" in the dark side area, so you just catch her when she's out. Some of them aren't out for long, for example, with the jedi masters, kitt fisto is only out for maybe like 5 minutes (Florida heat). One line that can be sort of long is the disney characters in star wars costumes. Well, the line is probably only 15-30 minutes, depending on the time and the day, but it is one of those lines where you may get in line for Minnie and it will be Goofy when you get to the front. So, you have to get a feel for timing or get lucky or just let people in front of you if you want them all. Chewbacca can have a very long line and you have to kind of figure out the rhythm to "time it" because you may have to get in line while he is out now, to be able to see him the next time he comes out after a break. To make that more complicated, in the afternoons he is with an ewok, and they alternate between whicket and lokrai - like one session will be one, then a break, and it will be another when they come back. So if you want a certain combination, you have to time it right.

So yes, and no. If you just want to see "Some" star wars characters, then it isn't hard at all. Storm troopers, the cantina band, jawas, etc., are just walking around. If you want to see a certain character, it may be easy or it may be a longer line. Like if you want vader, just go get it line, its not going to get any better. But he's going to be there all day. Others you have to time. The cast members have paper schedules that they can look at to tell you if a certain character will be out at a certain time - some are really happy to look at it and tell you, others will act like it is a matter of national security and pretend that such a paper doesn't exist, even if you see it in their hands. Who knows why. It is summer in central florida and it can be hot. If you get in the longest line at the busiest time of day it will be horrible, if you get in a shorter line at a not busy time it won't be anything. You know? Your mileage may vary.

I don't think most families would be able to see all the characters in a single day and still be able to talk to each other when they left, if it is possible at all. Honestly I don't think it would be possible at all. But if you are happy to take it as it comes and enjoy bumping in to who you bump into without a quota or list, you'll have a blast.

If your kids like star wars I wouldn't hesitate to take them for one second. It is a lot of fun.

Oh here's the thing. C-3po can look at you and can carry on a conversation with you. You can look Chewbacca right in the eye and he'll wookie grunt. Clone troopers and storm troopers are right there in real life. You really have to go see it.

d-r Great pictures, are they done by photopass?

Your children are adorable! This will be our 1st. time going to Star Wars Weekend, I'm trying to read as much as I can. GS and GD did the Jedi Training in September when we were there, and photopass did take pictures of the training session. They do a great job. We will be there for the whole weekend and plan on doing DHS all 3 days.

Thanks for all your info. :thumbsup2

Hi yes, those are photopass pictures. You will have a great time!

We're taking our 23 month old the first week of June. Hoping SWW will be June 4-5.(C'mon Disney release the dates already!!) I have those 2 days planned for DHS because DH loves SW but I'm hoping we can do the other "kid" stuff that day too. Does anyone know if because it's SWW they don't do the other stuff (i.e. playhouse disney shoes etc.) And if they do are those things insanely crowded too? I'm hoping we get to do both, but I'd (much to DH's dismay) would give up a DHS SWW day to do it during the week so DS gets to have fun. (It is about him after all)

We're taking our 23 month old the first week of June. Hoping SWW will be June 4-5.(C'mon Disney release the dates already!!) I have those 2 days planned for DHS because DH loves SW but I'm hoping we can do the other "kid" stuff that day too. Does anyone know if because it's SWW they don't do the other stuff (i.e. playhouse disney shoes etc.) And if they do are those things insanely crowded too? I'm hoping we get to do both, but I'd (much to DH's dismay) would give up a DHS SWW day to do it during the week so DS gets to have fun. (It is about him after all)

The park runs as normal. There isn't a lot of toddler stuff there though. Just something to keep in mind.

Anyway, your DH should be able to do the SWW stuff while you go to those few things and you can rejoin him off and on if your LO is liking the characters. Standing in lines all day isn't going to be fun for a toddler so you'll need to entertain him for a lot of the day.

I'm sure you and your DH will want to go on Tot and RnRc too so there will be some things you do that your toddler won't.

If your DS isn't enjoying himself then maybe you could hop to the MK where there are more things to a toddler's liking and your DH could spend the day doing SWW things at HS.

Have the dates been released yet? I'm gettng ready to book a vacation and just wanna make sure we don't miss it. This would thrill my husband and son if we were there during the SWW. :) :darth:

I will be going to DHS sometime either May 14 or 15th.. the week before the "official" launch of ST 2.0, any chance that weekend will be soft launched for me to be able to ride? :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter