• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Wars Weekends 2010!!!

From last weekend

890151841_Q624E-L.jpg

Ukcatfan, i was opposite and just to the right of you near the stage area, i was the guy with the white Canon L series lenses (70-200L 2.8 IS and 400 2.8L )!

Was curious to see if i appeared on anyones photo's

Ukcatfan, i was opposite and just to the right of you near the stage area, i was the guy with the white Canon L series lenses (70-200L 2.8 IS and 400 2.8L )!

Was curious to see if i appeared on anyones photo's

I do not see you in any of mine. I didn't take too many shots in that direction except close-ups. the people sitting right beside me were also from the UK.

Hi everyone this, is Evan, son of Marlton Mom. I just wanted to say thank you for posting your pictures. I am a huge Star Wars fan and I really like all the characters and seeing them in your pictures is a lot of fun.

Thanks again and keep up the good work! :darth: :yoda: :ewok: :chewy:

Evan

Me and Billy Dee :cool1:

Awesome! How long did you have to stand in line? We were there at 8am on Friday and already we were told that we were unlikely to even get a standby ticket. The first people had been waiting in line since 2pm on Thursday! :crazy2:

I'm not a big autograph hunter so I wasn't too heartbroken... (I have a couple DVDs that I've had signed by a couple of my favorite directors, George Romero and Werner Herzog, and I think I got Tom Savini's autograph years ago, but that's about it.) I did bring a couple old Topps trading cards from my childhood in my wallet in case I was able to get him to sign something. :)

Awesome! How long did you have to stand in line? We were there at 8am on Friday and already we were told that we were unlikely to even get a standby ticket. The first people had been waiting in line since 2pm on Thursday! :crazy2:

I'm not a big autograph hunter so I wasn't too heartbroken... (I have a couple DVDs that I've had signed by a couple of my favorite directors, George Romero and Werner Herzog, and I think I got Tom Savini's autograph years ago, but that's about it.) I did bring a couple old Topps trading cards from my childhood in my wallet in case I was able to get him to sign something. :)

I got that at 330 AM. And I'm sure those same people that were there at 2pm thursday, kept doing that same thing that whole weekend.

SrisonS...I sure wish I could see your images here at work. They're blocked for some reason. :confused3

Here's my contribution...

SWW_2010_Stormtrooper1_sm.jpg

I got that at 330 AM. And I'm sure those same people that were there at 2pm thursday, kept doing that same thing that whole weekend.
:faint: I can't imagine! My wife would have killed me... but it's different being local. I do remember that I took time off work to go wait in line for tickets for Episode One when it came out... :) How long do you see him when you get the autograph? Just long enough to sign, say hi, and maybe grab a photo? I take it they only sign one thing?

I figured that he'd be a pretty huge draw. When I thought about it, I can't think of anyone in the Star Wars celebrity universe who I'd rather see than him, so that he was booked the same weekend as us was a real thrill. My wife thought that he looked a little grumpy to be there but I thought he looked happy enough - heck, he's not as young as he used to be so I don't expect him to be bouncing around like Ray Park. :)

:faint: I can't imagine! My wife would have killed me... but it's different being local. I do remember that I took time off work to go wait in line for tickets for Episode One when it came out... :) How long do you see him when you get the autograph? Just long enough to sign, say hi, and maybe grab a photo? I take it they only sign one thing?

I figured that he'd be a pretty huge draw. When I thought about it, I can't think of anyone in the Star Wars celebrity universe who I'd rather see than him, so that he was booked the same weekend as us was a real thrill. My wife thought that he looked a little grumpy to be there but I thought he looked happy enough - heck, he's not as young as he used to be so I don't expect him to be bouncing around like Ray Park. :)

Yep, it was pretty much just hi, sign, photo, and bye. But he was pleasant enough. I don't think anyone could complain about him (although quite a few people don't care for Anthony Daniels (C3PO) as much). But I think Billy Dee just looked completely tired when I saw him during my auto session. It was towards the end of the day, plus the extreme heat didn't help.

Some celebrities do get pretty chatty though. It's sort of good to have that interaction; but when they're trying to get people through the line, it's not too great. I remember the Disney people were really trying to hurry things up the last time Jake Lloyd was there. I remember that I was even trying to move along a little bit, so the other guaranteed pass holders could get through.

Yep, it was pretty much just hi, sign, photo, and bye. But he was pleasant enough. I don't think anyone could complain about him (although quite a few people don't care for Anthony Daniels (C3PO) as much). But I think Billy Dee just looked completely tired when I saw him during my auto session. It was towards the end of the day, plus the extreme heat didn't help.

Some celebrities do get pretty chatty though. It's sort of good to have that interaction; but when they're trying to get people through the line, it's not too great. I remember the Disney people were really trying to hurry things up the last time Jake Lloyd was there. I remember that I was even trying to move along a little bit, so the other guaranteed pass holders could get through.
Ray Park seemed very social. I was hoping to catch the Visit to the Maul but the timing just didn't work out for us. He really looked very happy to be there, and Jeremy Bulloch seemed to be enjoying himself as well. The heat was pretty miserable but I figured that's normal for this time of year...? (I really felt bad the for costumed performers!) And of course, Gay Days made Friday even more crowded.

Billy Dee seemed like a class act, but also maybe a little bit like he might have rather have been at home relaxing - but he put on a brave face and I'm really pleased to have seen him in person.

Were these from Saturday 6/5???? If so, what were you wearing??? You might be in some of my pics. :cool1: I was shooting in this direction during the parade. I was in front of Sounds Dangerous.

These pictures are so awesome!

Now let me get this straight, you either have to be along the parade route, or at the stage early to claim a good viewing spot for the characters but you cant get a spot for the parade and them go over to the stage to see what is going on over there because of the huge crowds and grid lock?

Is this correct?

Does the stage "show" with the characters happen after the parade, i.e. they wind up there or is the stage 'show' something different all together?

We are planning a trip for next years Star Wars weekend so it would help to know the difference between the parade and other character "happenings" so to speak.

Please fill me in on all the juicy details so I know how it works and I can get my Star Wars Fanatic son in the right spot for character entertainment. He is too big now for Jedi training, plus he has done it before so we don't need to do that or get anybody's autograph. We just want to see the characters and Mom wants to take some pictures..... we think. Is there anything we are missing?

Thanks for the assistance!

:grouphug:
Marlton Mom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter