star wars weekend?

alicia1506

DIS Veteran
is anyone going to star wars weekend this year or next year?

we just cannot seem to make it work for us, time wise. and carlo is such a huge, huge fan.

maybe for 2014.

I'd love to do a sw weekend, but the time of the year is just not for us....the DH would be a pig in mud..he played with his sw action figures til around 16..why did he take them out of the packages?????They would have paid for our trip:rotfl2:

i know... may/june is not ideal for us either...

carlo has so much sw stuff still in boxes but i don't think he'd ever sell.

we have a rather eclectic decorating style...i love modern/minimalist with french art/prints of photos i've taken. carlo decorates with star wars stuff.. including a talking yoda, a knee high r2d2 that patrols the lounge room, and sw art on the walls -- it's a mish mash, but it makes a home :)

he's also going crazy with the collecting disney figures as star wars character pins, ie darth maul donald, aurra sing daisy, jedi knight mickey etc.

just sad we'll probably never get to go to a s/wars weekend...

, a knee high r2d2 that patrols the lounge room.

We have one too! My husband is a huge SW fan - and I know how much he would love to go to the SW weekend (and really I would too). I think we have to wait about 15 years till we can go without the kids!

we should have a thread for Star Wars Disboard Husbands........although I dont think the internet could cope with so many nerds in a small area:rotfl2:

lol. i think he might be talking me into a disneymoon that happens to coincide with sw weekend

We went today, for the opening day and it was so much fun! It seemed even more fun than last year!

IMG_9216.jpg

It wasn't too busy, and the merchandise was much easier to purchase at Darth's Mall. No really long wait in line this year.

IMG_9155.jpg

The characters were great as usual, a lot of the guests were dressed in costumes, and Hyperspace Hoopla was the best!

thanks for the pics, although being from australia, that's a really long 20 hour journey with 2 flights just to participate in 2 days of star wars hoopla, and then another 20 hours to travel back + 1 day for the IDL...

we might be able to swing it for 2014, maybe... although again, it's a huge trip and a huge $$ outlay for 2 nights :)

ok, want to go now.......

another cunning plan needs to be hatched......

i hate you people!:stir:

ok karen ... i say we win lotto and give up work and spend time just visiting disney...

that's my cunning plan :)

We went for SW weekend last year. We were there for the first weekend so it was when the ride reopened and OMGeeeee it was PACKED!!!!

DH is a huge fan and I must admit I loved being there. We were interviewed about the ride for NY morning TV and the whole experience of the new ride, merchandise, characters and just SW was awesome.

I would do it again but we did spend 13 nights in Orlando so we did a lot of things. Also got to see the final launch of the Endeavour which was amazing :cool1:

We will be there for star wars weekends in May/June next year! My DH and DS love star wars, me and DD on the other hand might go and work on our tans :laughing:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter