Star wars weekend

rmcildw2m

DIS Veteran
:goodvibes Just confirmed today ,we are going down for star wars weekend
the 19 thru the 23rd .This is suppose to be the first weekend of the reopening of stars wars last I heard . May the force be with you .:banana:

CONGRATS! We will be there May 25-31st cannot wait! We went last 2 years, it is neat. If you can go on Frid at rope drop and you can see people without a 2 hour wait more :)

We will be there too! Fun time! Try to catch the Hoopla show towards the end of the day.

What are some of the highlights at Star Wars weekend?????

First of all , you must really love anything star wars . If you do you can't go wrong in taking in this event . Next year will be a all new ride program ,and new merchandise and the parade will be new as well ,it will be great .

Highlights for us are
storm troppers on the tops of buildings
meeting Darth Vad.
a cool parade
lots of merchandise for sale
fun atmosphere for people watching :)

We'll be there for June 10, 11 and 12th, 2011 staying at Kidani. We have a small family gathering (11 people) for that week as well. Most of us are big Star Wars fans.

I do not believe there has not been an official announcement for the actual dates for Star Wars Weekends in 2011. I noticed that the dates were announced in December 2009 for the 2010 dates. I wonder if the reopening of Star Tours is delaying the announcement. Hopefully it won't delay the start of Star Wars weekends.

Here's a thread on the DISboards that is specifically talking about the Star Wars weekend.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2472475

We're thinking of surprising the kids with a trip for that first weekend as well. DS 12 is a huge Star Wars fan and it sounds like lots of fun. I've been hesitant to book before they formally announce the dates as we will have to borrow points to make this reservation. (June use year). Is it fairly certain that Star Wars Weekends will start Friday May 20th?

Nothing official yet. Star Wars Weekends in 2007 and 2008 were all in June. And in 2000 and 2001 they were all in May. Some years there weren't any Star Wars Weekends. So the dates can vary.

Disney should make an official announcement soon.

I thought I share this we those of you interested in the Star Wars Weekends.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ampaign=Feed:+DisneyParks+(Disney+Parks+Blog)

Since Star Tours is scheduled to open on May 20, 2011 I would expect the Star Wars Weekends will start that weekend too, but there's hasn't been an official announcement yet.

Also for all of you Star Wars Fans, this info was on the WDW website.

Call Upon the Force!
Call (407) 827-2799 and choose from either the Light Side or the Dark Side of the Force to hear a special message from a Star Wars character inviting you to be a part of this special event!

I had to call twice myself, to see what subliminal messages the Imperial troops were giving out as well as to get my orders from the Rebel Alliance.:darth::ewok::chewy::yoda: LOL

Does the Star Wars Weekend affect only one park or all of them? Is there normally a lot more people during this time?

Thanks!

Does the Star Wars Weekend affect only one park or all of them? Is there normally a lot more people during this time?

Thanks!

Star Wars weekends makes DHS very crowded as not only are there the regular WDW guests but the locals also attend. I think the other parks are more crowded on the weekends than they are during the week during the Star Wars Weekends, but it's still a less busy time of the year. The worse time would be around Memorial Day weekend.

Thanks for the replies. Although I am excited about the Star Wars Weekend, most in my party of 18 people will just be annoyed. I am glad to hear that they won't be inconvenienced in all parks.

:goodvibes Just confirmed today ,we are going down for star wars weekend
the 19 thru the 23rd .This is suppose to be the first weekend of the reopening of stars wars last I heard . May the force be with you .:banana:

Congrats on booking your vacation! :goodvibes

My mom and I are going on the Disney Dream cruise May 19th - 22nd and then will be staying at the BWV until the 27th. Even though I know that we won't be able to get there until mid-day on the 22nd I'd like to go to HS to see a parade or something. I've never been for a Star Wars w/end so think it will be cool to see some of the fun. :darth:

Are the w/ends just Saturday and Sundays or do they begin on Fridays?

Thanks.

I *WISH* they would hurry up and announce the dates. My DH and DS4 love SW. I have June UY so I need to bank or book in the next week or so. I would love to surprise them with a trip.

Congrats on booking your vacation! :goodvibes

My mom and I are going on the Disney Dream cruise May 19th - 22nd and then will be staying at the BWV until the 27th. Even though I know that we won't be able to get there until mid-day on the 22nd I'd like to go to HS to see a parade or something. I've never been for a Star Wars w/end so think it will be cool to see some of the fun. :darth:

Are the w/ends just Saturday and Sundays or do they begin on Fridays?

Thanks.

Star War Weekends are Friday, Saturday and Sunday. In the past the parade was at 3:00 PM.

I am sooooo excited for our DS9 because I planned our trip way before I knew anything about starwars weekends and we had already planned to be at DHS on May 20th and being he is a BIG fan (and he got lil sis into it too now) we will have a very happy boy and he knows nothing about SWW so I can't wait to see his face when he sees his first stormtrooper =)

I am sooooo excited for our DS9 because I planned our trip way before I knew anything about starwars weekends and we had already planned to be at DHS on May 20th and being he is a BIG fan (and he got lil sis into it too now) we will have a very happy boy and he knows nothing about SWW so I can't wait to see his face when he sees his first stormtrooper =)

Be sure to be at the park before the gates open because stormtroopers interact with the crowd right before they let you in.

DSCN1677.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter