Star Wars Weekend -- What's your experience?

Potterholic85

Earning My Ears
Hey all. Has anyone ever gone to Disney World during Star Wars weekend? What's your experience? My husband mentioned going during my birthday next year (my birthday is May 21, a Wednesday). I figure it'd be busy during the weekends, but what about on weekdays? Is it really busy then as well?

Thanks for your help! :wave2:

Star Wars Weekends events are ONLY held on Friday, Saturday and Sunday for usually 4-6 weekends at the end of May and beginning of June. The third weekend of May is usually the lowest crowd level for SWW. As more schools let out, the crowds get larger. It's hot. It's crowded. If you want celebrity autographs or limited edition merchandise, it can be a crazy madhouse. It's a LOT of fun, though. We've been to two SWW & will likely attend more.

I can tell you the last weekend is a total zoo, but we still had a blast. So many good picture opportunities and fun things going on!!

We've been a few times and it was crazy crowded but fun. It was great to see the celebrities and presentations and there was a lot of merchandise to look through.

The Star Wars Weekends are a lot of fun. Lots of Star Wars Characters about. Just a great atmosphere. The weather can be quite hot during this event. Drink lots of water. The shows are indoors and there are seats.

I saw Warwick Davis last time. He was fantastic. Got some unique Star Wars merchandise and enjoyed the hoopla. Lots of fun.:thumbsup2

Hey all. Has anyone ever gone to Disney World during Star Wars weekend? What's your experience? My husband mentioned going during my birthday next year (my birthday is May 21, a Wednesday). I figure it'd be busy during the weekends, but what about on weekdays? Is it really busy then as well?

Thanks for your help! :wave2:

May I suggest subscribing to this thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3183780
There's a lot of good tips from people that have gone in the past (like me) there and I will update it as soon as we get more information on dates, celebs,etc

Let's start this post with I am not a Star Wars fan at all. But, I really enjoyed myself at the weekend. I found myself wanting to see as many shows as we could. I cannot imagine any SW fan not enjoying themselves. We didn't think the crowds were bad at all.

It's crowded, hot, and TONS OF FUN. I would totally do it again. And I hate crowded and hate hot. It was still worth it.

I happened to be there this year the weekend before Memorial Day (which I think would happen to be the same one you would be going). We had a great time seeing the SW characters and merchandise. The weather was gorgeous, 75-85 degrees and was not hot by any stretch. I normally go in September when it is really HOT 90-95 degrees!

The crowds at all the parks were manageable. We maybe waited at most 20 minutes for rides, but we did do FP for Soarin. I thought the whole trip was no stress, but then again, it may have been because I was with my mom, sans kids and husband! :rotfl: I sure missed them though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter