Star Wars Weekend (updated 6/16/13)

bump

Seeing that May the Fourth and Revenge of the Fifth are this weekend, can anybody check to see if those die cast Cars characters are at DLR this weekend?

Again, I'm not referring to those little Racers die cast cars. Someone in a previous post, posted a link to a picture of the set. An example of one of the cars is Mater is Darth Vader and Lightening McQueen is Luke Skywalker.

Just checked ebay and some one is pre-selling the set for 99.95. I have a friend heading to DL this weekend so hopefully they are out, but I am not holding my breath.

Why don't they kick off SWW on May the 4th? It works so well this year with it being a weekend. :confused3

Just checked ebay and some one is pre-selling the set for 99.95. I have a friend heading to DL this weekend so hopefully they are out, but I am not holding my breath.

Why don't they kick off SWW on May the 4th? It works so well this year with it being a weekend. :confused3

I am trying to budget for my souvenirs so am scouring the net for the most recent prices. I decided to post my calculations, because I know there are a couple of posters here who are trying to find out when/where these will be sold and price out these items as well.

Please forgive my naivete, so if my numbers are wrong (like shipping, taxes, fees, etc) I have no problems with someone correcting me. I went into the ebay website for the first time ever this afternoon (thank goodness Canadian tax season is over, and yes, I am an old dog that is trying to learn new tricks), and couldn't find the pre-sell set of Star Wars 2013 "Cars". I did find the 2013 Mickey Starfighter and Salacious Crumb 2013 limited edition (1,000) for pre-sell. The markups are 90% and 65% respectively (from what is the retail prices in the official WDW merchandise blog). So if someone is pre-selling a set (of six), then I am going to guess that the range for these Cars then is around $50 - $60, and if there is a premium for a set, maybe individually, the SWW 2013 "Cars" might be only $1 or so more than the Disney Racers, so $7 or so? I hope I am not just doing wishful thinking and not having to pay $10 or more per car.

And in trying to prioritize my time at SWW on the 17th, does the pre-selling mean that there are going to be a lot of people coming right at opening that are just there to buy products? Now that I read that last sentence I realize that I am naive because if someone is making 65% to 90% then they are going to be there, and I still believe in pixie dust and will need to be at HS for rope drop.

Side note: It looks like The Salacious Crumb limited edition ($59.95) may not be available until May 24 at WDW, but will be offerered for sale at DLR as early as May 27 rather than after the end of SWW 2013. I will pass on whatever I can firm up.

Cheers!

Roehl

Forgive me as I have never posted a link before, but this is what I found when looking for the cars.

http://http://www.ebay.com/itm/DISNEY-STAR-WARS-WEEKENDS-2013-PIXAR-CARS-SET-6-DARTH-MATER-/290905331858?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43bb4f1892

You calculations seem to be about what I would expect to see so I think you are in the ballpark for your figures.

As for the people, I imagine that there will be a good amount there to buy and resell the merchandise. I hope that you get everything you are looking for! What a neat experience to be able to attend.

Forgive me as I have never posted a link before, but this is what I found when looking for the cars.

http://http://www.ebay.com/itm/DISNEY-STAR-WARS-WEEKENDS-2013-PIXAR-CARS-SET-6-DARTH-MATER-/290905331858?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43bb4f1892

You calculations seem to be about what I would expect to see so I think you are in the ballpark for your figures.

As for the people, I imagine that there will be a good amount there to buy and resell the merchandise. I hope that you get everything you are looking for! What a neat experience to be able to attend.

Thanks! Especially for that link. This old dog definitely has some tricks to learn for searching online.

I guess I will have to skip the early part of SWW and get in line for merchandise if I want to get all the gifts that I want for a "reasonable" (all relative right? since I will in Disney, LOL) price.

Cheers!

Roehl

bump.

This is the email that I received on May 3rd in response to the email I sent them regarding the items in question...

Thank you for contacting Merchandise Guest Services. We appreciate your interest in the merchandise from Star Wars Weekends.

We are not currently taken orders for the Star Wars Weekends. Please check back with us after the event has began to check availability. Please note merchandise may not be available to order at when even first begins.

Due to the popularity of this event, we strongly recommend that you contact our office at 1-877-560-6477 to obtain the latest information regarding the merchandise you seek. We are open from 9 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, E.S.T.

Thank you for your understanding and have a Magical day!

Thank you,
Sherri
Merchandise Guest Services

I just called the merchandis hotline and they told me that they wouldn't have the merchandise available for sale until a couple of weeks later. I guess I'll just have to keep checking back.

In the meantime, if anybody visits DLR anytime between now and the next couple of weeks, please let me know if you're able to find this item at DLR. Thanks for all of those that are checking.

For anybody that is interested in purchasing this merchandise, I have some updated information.

Apparently, they were supposed to be at DLR/DCA this past weekend of 5/18 and 5/19. We were there on 5/19 and when I asked various gift shops, most didn't know what they were as I had printed out a picture of the Star Wars Cars and just showed the CM. There were two places that had more information. One was the gift shop next to Star Tours. The guy said they were going to put the items for sale in the stores on 5/20. Bum deal for me since I was only going to be there on 5/19. When we went to the DCA side, I asked around and people were saying that if any place would have them, it would be the Sarg's gift shop. I went there to ask them and they said the items were supposed to be out for sale by that weekend and something got mixed up and so it's being delayed.

Then on Monday morning, I called the merchandise line and asked them about ordering and they said it would not be available for sale until 5/24 but phone orders could not be taken until after the 24th. Seeing that the merchandise line is closed on Sat and Sun, I wasn't going to be able to order them until 5/27.

Anyways, I had some free time today during lunch so I figured I would just give them a call to see if maybe they would allow them to be sold on 5/24 instead of after 5/24.

It turns out apparently, they received and email and are available for sale. It appears that you're limited to 2 of each of the Cars items. I don't know about the other items as I'm not interested in them so I didn't ask.

I placed my order and received an order confirmation number with the lady. She was very nice and wanted to make sure that I didn't want to order 2 of each item since they're so rare. I stuck with one set and she said I should receive them in about 7-10 days.

Looking forward to getting these in the mail soon! :cool1: Hope this helps anybody that was looking to order these.

bump for some updated information.

Unfortunately, it seems that if you aren't able to buy it in the park, you're not going to be able to get your hands on these items unless you go to ebay or something like that. As I mentioned in my earlier post, I called last Thursday as an off-shoot to see if they would take orders. As I mentioned, I spoke to a lady that mentioned that she received an email and said it was ok for her to take orders. She placed me on hold for a fews times I assume to confirm that she could take the order and when she came back on the phone, she mentioned that each customer could order a maximum of 2 per character.

I took that as a yes, she can take the order so I just ordered one of each. Fast forward to Monday and I didn't see my card was charged so I called to check on the order and when I spoke to the lady, she really didn't have much to say except ask for my number and said a manager would be calling me back. Even when I pressed her for the reason of needing to call me back, she avoided my question and just said someone would call me back. I hung up and immediately called back because I was wondering what was going on. I explained the call to the lady that answered the phone and she gave me more information stating that I guess the lady on Thursday wasn't supposed to take my order and she said someone would call me back.

Alright so I hang up and someone does eventually call me back to say that the lady wasn't supposed to take my order but since it was taken, they would process it.

Tuesday comes around and I call the telephone number to speak to the actual lady that took my order and explained to her the conversations I had this weekend and asked if my order was still in place. She said that it was since I received an order number. She again said that she had an email that gave her the ok to sell the items on Thursday but apparently FL ran our of inventory and on Friday morning received another email stating that they could not sell those items.

Fast forward to today and the Cars arrived at my front door. I checked them out and they are cool but it appears that the Storm Trooper Tractor was placed inside the card upside down so it's an odd package. I've been busy this evening so I haven't gotten around to taking pictures. I'll try and take them tomorrow and share them with the group.

Good luck with those that are trying to get these. Hopefully, my thread has helped someone one way or another.

We bought SW die cast cars last November from the Star Tours gift shop.

I'm pretty sure you're referring to the Racers line which are different from what I'm referring to. The ones that I'm referring to are the actual Cars characters modeled in Star Wars characters.

I'm pretty sure you're referring to the Racers line which are different from what I'm referring to. The ones that I'm referring to are the actual Cars characters modeled in Star Wars characters.

I probably am referring to that. They look like little Hot Wheels that are SW characters, not CARS characters. Sorry.

Sorry but I thought I was going to be able to add pictures but it appears to only allow me to add them from a website and not from my computer. If anybody knows how I can add them from my computer, please let me know.

You have to upload them first to a site that hosts photos, and then you can put them in a post.

The die cast are for sure out already. $9.95
Each there was plenty out at the star trader shop. And the hasbro figures sets were also out in force.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter