Star Wars Weekend Tips 2012

So, did Hoopla actually take place on Sunday, 6/10? As you know, rain cancelled the Friday, 6/8 show (our only day there! :sad1:), but we were at Epcot on Sunday during that very severe thunderstorm -- I'm guessing HH finished right before that hit? My only disappointment was that we missed HH -- oh, and we never got around to meeting Darth Maul. Other than that, it was a great time! Thanks to all of those on here who provided the tips/information for SWW. It was great. And a very special thanks to those who recommended Obi Wan and Beyond with JAT. It was one of the highlights of the entire vacation for all of us. :thumbsup2

So, did Hoopla actually take place on Sunday, 6/10? As you know, rain cancelled the Friday, 6/8 show (our only day there! :sad1:), but we were at Epcot on Sunday during that very severe thunderstorm -- I'm guessing HH finished right before that hit? My only disappointment was that we missed HH -- oh, and we never got around to meeting Darth Maul. Other than that, it was a great time! Thanks to all of those on here who provided the tips/information for SWW. It was great. And a very special thanks to those who recommended Obi Wan and Beyond with JAT. It was one of the highlights of the entire vacation for all of us. :thumbsup2

We were at the Hoopla on 6/10. Yes, they had time for the full show. I was watching the show and noticed that the sky seemeds to be blacker than it normally would be that time of night. The minute that the show was over, we turned to walk away and it started to sprinkle. We took off running full speed for the exit and before we could even get past bag check, it was POURING so hard that we couldn't see. The Yacht Club boat was not running so we stood and huddled together under the temporary bus stop for Yacht Club and waited for the bus to come. The lightening was so scary! I was sure that we were going to be electrocuted. If I had known how bad it was, I would have dashed into a gift shop but who knew it would get that ugly that fast.

Went to DHS today. They were still selling SWW merch at 30% off. Hats, shirts, glasses, shotglasses, the large tote bag.

I can't wait until SWW next year! Our first experience was this year, 4th week, and it was hot hot hot, but we had the best time ever!!!!!! Counting down for next year!

It's really hard for us with ds's seizures with the heat in June.

Seizures are one of my son's challenges and heat is the biggest trigger for him. He also has ASD and Star Wars is his area of hyperfocus, he eat, sleeps, lives Star Wars.

We have the advantage of living close and having annual passes. Even so, we went 9 out of the 12 days of SWW and still didn't do everything because of the heat. But what he did get to do was AWESOME!! A dream come true for him!

We went armed with a cooler bag packed with frozen water to keep him cool. They just don't make good, affordable cooling vests for children like they do for adult MS patients. And the humidity adversly affects the water based cooling vests for kids.

Used his medical stroller most of the time to help keep him calm, and he could lean on the frozen water bottles, nap, and stay cooler than if he were walking. I kept a pulse oximeter and his emergency seizure medicine close at hand.

We also spent a ton of time in ABC Commissary, One Man's Dream and Darth Mall, and other shops cooling him down.

It's really hard for people with seizures since most of the medication for seizures causes the body temp to increase since they prevent sweating. Shade doesn't help when the temps are high even in the shade. It definately presents a challenge.

How much was in stock?

I saw plenty of shirts in both black and gray, looked like they were getting low on hats, small box of keychains, only saw three tumblers.

I saw merch being sold at the big store on your left as you enter, store next to AIE, store next to Backlot Tour and Tatooine Traders.

We went on 6-10. HH did go on. the storm came in as we were all leaving.
we made it to the tram to go to our car when it started to pour. We were running to our car in lighting and rain coming down so hard we could not see right in front of us. A very scary time!princess:

I saw plenty of shirts in both black and gray, looked like they were getting low on hats, small box of keychains, only saw three tumblers.

I saw merch being sold at the big store on your left as you enter, store next to AIE, store next to Backlot Tour and Tatooine Traders.

When do you think the shirts will run out, because I don't mind getting the other shirt ( grey ) at 30% off?

relying on the history of the event, expect to have SWW the last 2 weekends of May and first 2 in June. Many CM's working the event have been pushing for a change in date, to around February, which would be awesome temperature wise.

With May 31, 2013 being a Friday, do you think this would count as the last weekend in May or first weekend in June? June 1st & 2nd are technically the wekend, I guess, but if that's the case May 17th seems early for the first weekend. Anyone want to venture a guess?

We are planning another SWW trip and are torn between May 24th-June 1st or June 7th-15th and trying to combine the trip with YES tickets. Unfortunately, YES dates are not yet announced either. :confused3

We were at the Hoopla on 6/10. Yes, they had time for the full show. I was watching the show and noticed that the sky seemeds to be blacker than it normally would be that time of night. The minute that the show was over, we turned to walk away and it started to sprinkle. We took off running full speed for the exit and before we could even get past bag check, it was POURING so hard that we couldn't see. The Yacht Club boat was not running so we stood and huddled together under the temporary bus stop for Yacht Club and waited for the bus to come. The lightening was so scary! I was sure that we were going to be electrocuted. If I had known how bad it was, I would have dashed into a gift shop but who knew it would get that ugly that fast.

We went on 6-10. HH did go on. the storm came in as we were all leaving.
we made it to the tram to go to our car when it started to pour. We were running to our car in lighting and rain coming down so hard we could not see right in front of us. A very scary time!princess:

I'm glad that the storm didn't hit until after HH. When they cancelled it on 6/8, it wasn't even storming at all (i.e., no lightning or thunder), just rain, but I guess it could've been slippery on stage and/or they wouldn't be able to transport the characters to the stage without them getting wet. We were definitely disappointed. I need to watch it on youtube.

With May 31, 2013 being a Friday, do you think this would count as the last weekend in May or first weekend in June? June 1st & 2nd are technically the wekend, I guess, but if that's the case May 17th seems early for the first weekend. Anyone want to venture a guess?

We are planning another SWW trip and are torn between May 24th-June 1st or June 7th-15th and trying to combine the trip with YES tickets. Unfortunately, YES dates are not yet announced either. :confused3

I would guess the final weekend for 2013 will be June 7-9.

Does anyone know how I can order a Star Tours or Star Wars Weekend shirt for DH? We were just there and I wish I would have bought him a t-shirt for his b-day.

So just a thought about the hoopla show. Do you think they have ever considered putting the show on in the Beauty and the Beast theater? I would think that more people could sit in there and see than at the hat stage. With the tiered seating, you wouldn't be fighting for views with all the children on the shoulders either.

So just a thought about the hoopla show. Do you think they have ever considered putting the show on in the Beauty and the Beast theater? I would think that more people could sit in there and see than at the hat stage. With the tiered seating, you would be fighting for views with all the children on the shoulders either.

That would be a great idea to have hoopla in a theater! The theater for Indiana Jones would put it very close to Star Tours and not block any Fantasmic! traffic. But it would put the show at an odd viewing perspective since everyone would be looking down on it instead of up to it.

Indoor, airconditioned character M&G would be a plus too!

Hoopla would be better in a theater like BATB or IJ due to the fact you don't have to stand for hours.

I could not believe that they had Chewy and the Ewok (as well as the Fab 4) out in the HOT SUN!!! At the very least, why not put them in a tent like Darths Mall?? We saw all of those characters, due to the AC! Why not put them inside SOMEWHERE?!?!?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter