Star Wars Weekend Tips 2012

Visit to the Maul is great- highly recommend it as a way to sit down, get out of the heat for a bit and enjoy a great show! (Kind of bummed we will miss it this year...)

Any leaks of more merchandise yet? I am wondering what color the T shirts are going to be this year.... I am REALLY hoping they are not black since I am guessing they will be Donald Maul related...

Red and white seem to be it.

SWW12LogoDiz_250.jpg

3sww123234SMALL.jpg

I got some confirmation of shows for this year from the HUB (CM only internet):
Stars of the Saga Q & A, Behind the Force,Obi Wan and Beyond and Visit to the Maul (only 1st two weekends) are returning.
I expect that the schedule will be very similar to weekend 3 and 4 from last year.
As I find more info I'll post it here.
MTFBWY

Cool! Any times yet? Help me yullin3, you're my only hope ;)

I have news on the R2-D2 Mug! Here's where you can get it:

1. A chocolate milkshake at Min & Bill's
2. A Frozen Carbonated Beverage at Peevy's Polar Pipeline

$(KGrHqUOKooE3EozljvgBN6u!FE8og~~_35.JPG

Must get one of those, I have the popcorn bucket that I got in January and need that to go with it!

This is how I feel about doing it. It's too easy for me, but it's something to do. I'm gonna sign up if there's nothing else going on.

Most touring sites say 20-30 minutes early.

How old are you? Obviously you're a kid since you're contemplating doing this, but you write more articulately than most adults on the DIS!

Thanks for the info re: the wait time.

How old are you? Obviously you're a kid since you're contemplating doing this, but you write more articulately than most adults on the DIS!

Thanks for the info re: the wait time.

I am 11 years old,thank you for the compliment, and you're quite welcome :)

Ok would you choose sun the 20th or fri the 25th?

I see benefits to both days

They will both be equal in terms of crowds. If you want autographs, go to the actors you like more. May 20 is Ray Park, Jerome Blake, and Dee Bradley Baker. The 25th is Ray Park, Andy Secombe, and Tom Kane.

Ok would you choose sun the 20th or fri the 25th?

I see benefits to both days

keep in mind that the friday before memorial day weekend will probably be more crowded. although who knows by how much. we were there last year and went the friday after memorial day and a woman i talked to in line said the weekend previous (mem day) was worse.

Friday before Memorial Day is my new regular day. I have found it not as crowded as Saturdays or Sundays.

If looking at crowd calendars are an indication the first Sunday should be better. I don't think we are interested in celebrity autographs.

So Sunday will have locals but the following Friday is the holiday weekend. I am leaning towards Sunday of weekend 1 partially so I don't have to wait so long

If looking at crowd calendars are an indication the first Sunday should be better. I don't think we are interested in celebrity autographs.

So Sunday will have locals but the following Friday is the holiday weekend. I am leaning towards Sunday of weekend 1 partially so I don't have to wait so long

I'll be there too. Since you're not interested in autographs arrive a little before 8 AM (park will prob. open at 7:30).

Hey guys. I have a question about May 20th too. We land at 9:15 that morning and figured we might be able to be at HS for about 12:30ish. It is my son's first trip and he is just starting to get into the Star Wars characters. I was thinking we would take the boat (staying at the BWV) or walk to stretch our legs and just wander around HS keeping it low key (not trying to get on rides unless by some miracle there were some fp left), spotting characters and heading back to the hotel early for dinner, a dip in the pool and an early bed (we will be getting up at 4am that morning...YIKES). We plan on heading back to HS on Thursday to do the few rides we want to hit, but thought it would be fun for him to see all the storm troopers and other characters walking around the park (and possibly catching the parade if we were there in time). So my question is are we completely nuts? Hubby and I were there in 2004 and 2006 for SWW and really don't remember it being as nutty as everyone is saying, but my mommy brain might have masked that memory... hahaha...This is coming up mostly because hubby just told me he was kind of bummed we weren't going to MK the first day (though he does trust my disney planning implicitly), but I really wanted to do MK the following day starting the day fresh and rested and spend the day there (DS has a ressie for a Pirate make over on Monday and we have dinner ressies at O'Hana's). Now I am stressing about what we should do on the first day. Definitely want to spend it in the parks, but which one?

Hey guys. I have a question about May 20th too. We land at 9:15 that morning and figured we might be able to be at HS for about 12:30ish. It is my son's first trip and he is just starting to get into the Star Wars characters. I was thinking we would take the boat (staying at the BWV) or walk to stretch our legs and just wander around HS keeping it low key (not trying to get on rides unless by some miracle there were some fp left), spotting characters and heading back to the hotel early for dinner, a dip in the pool and an early bed (we will be getting up at 4am that morning...YIKES). We plan on heading back to HS on Thursday to do the few rides we want to hit, but thought it would be fun for him to see all the storm troopers and other characters walking around the park (and possibly catching the parade if we were there in time). So my question is are we completely nuts? Hubby and I were there in 2004 and 2006 for SWW and really don't remember it being as nutty as everyone is saying, but my mommy brain might have masked that memory... hahaha...This is coming up mostly because hubby just told me he was kind of bummed we weren't going to MK the first day (though he does trust my disney planning implicitly), but I really wanted to do MK the following day starting the day fresh and rested and spend the day there (DS has a ressie for a Pirate make over on Monday and we have dinner ressies at O'Hana's). Now I am stressing about what we should do on the first day. Definitely want to spend it in the parks, but which one?

If you plan on taking it light and are staying so close I would say go for it. You can walk around and take in the atmosphere. You'll probably still find Fp for ST, ToT and RnRC if you want to do rides. Roaming characters will be around Mama Melrose Restaurant and Backlot Tour. If the schedule is the same as last year the parade will be at 12:40. Maybe go to the merch tent and find some cool stuff. I agree that for MK is better to be rested if you're spending a full day there.

1.- No he doesn't. He did make an appearance at a special after hours party 2 years back. It was called Last Tour to Endor before they closed ST for the refurb. He appeared in Hoopla.
2.- Here's what I think people wanting to meet characters should do:
Fab 4 and R2MK-By GMR
Chewbacca- By ST
Darth Vader-By Backlot
Darth Maul- By Backlot
Bobba and Jango Fett- By Backlot
Clone Wars characters (rotate Ahsoka-Asajj-Comm. Cody, Cap. Rex) By Mamma Melrose
Jedi Council (rotate Anakin, Kitt Fisto, Mace Windu, Shaak Ti) by Mama Melrose
Queen Amidala - By Sounds Dangerous
Luke, Leia, C3PO and R2D2 rotate in the merch. tent
I put Darth Vader 3rd because his line is under a roof the first one is completely exposed to the sun and the second one has some shades from the trees by ST.
The Fab 4 are always the more popular because even if people don't know SW they know Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy and there's no other place to meet them in the park (other than Sorcerer Mickey inside Animation bldg.)

Thanks for the info! The characters are so spread out all over the park! Crazy! Last time we were at SWW was in 2006 and the characters were in 2 areas only!The 2 main things for us is visiting the big shop and meeting with characters. Which one should we do first thing in the morning? Thanks alot!

Thanks for the info! The characters are so spread out all over the park! Crazy! Last time we were at SWW was in 2006 and the characters were in 2 areas only!The 2 main things for us is visiting the big shop and meeting with characters. Which one should we do first thing in the morning? Thanks alot!

First characters, you can always shop at the end. The merch tent should be open until park closing. Unless you want limited edition merch, then you would need to be there first Friday of the first weekend.

The last time we went to SWW was in June 2010 and I don't remember it being as crowded as others are saying. We have been in years prior to that as well. We usually leave after the parade, so maybe we miss the crowds.

The parade is usually around 11:40, so you might miss it. That's the main reason we go, is for the parade and the shop they have.

First characters, you can always shop at the end. The merch tent should be open until park closing. Unless you want limited edition merch, then you would need to be there first Friday of the first weekend.

I want event merch that isn't limited edition. Does non-limited edition merch. sell out?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter