Star Wars Weekend 2016??

We are also planning on a trip for next year that is being planned around Star Wars weekend. We went in March of this year and loved it, but DS (and DH) is a huge Star Wars fan and begged to go during SWW. Because of this, we decided to move our trip from March to June. We are booked on rented DVC points, so no canceling or changing for us. Will not be thrilled if we moved our trip into the heat for no reason.

We are also planning on a trip for next year that is being planned around Star Wars weekend. We went in March of this year and loved it, but DS (and DH) is a huge Star Wars fan and begged to go during SWW. Because of this, we decided to move our trip from March to June. We are booked on rented DVC points, so no canceling or changing for us. Will not be thrilled if we moved our trip into the heat for no reason.

I suspect that you are not the only ones that can't cancel, especially due to DVC. On the bright side, the Frozen attraction in Epcot and Rivers of Light look like they might be open in June, but possibly not earlier in the year.

I sent an email too. I'm a bit worries as I have a surprise trip booked for just my son and I to go to SWW next year. We have never been and this is suppost to be a treat for him. I hope I don't have to cancel. Moving the dates MAY be okay, but I really don't want to cancel.

I just sent my email as well. We have DVC accommodations already booked for a 4-day trip JUST FOR SWW. I would be bummed (this is a tremendous understatement) if it didn't happen or was somehow a very watered down version of what we experienced last year.

Since they said this is BUILDING OFF SWW success, I initially didn't worry about it.

Then with the "early next year" phrasing I started to wonder if they were going to change the offering or timing of SWW in a way we wouldn't like.

THEN I posited that they may begin Season of the Force earlier in the year and have it run through the traditional SWW period. Fingers crossed!!

My son will be DEVASTATED if they cancel SWW for 2016! He's been waiting to do this for a long time and we booked using DVC points so there's no changing. This is his birthday trip and he's so excited to finally do a SWW. He's got a countdown running and is planning out everything he wants to do and see. I don't want to have to break his heart.

I just sent my email as well. We have DVC accommodations already booked for a 4-day trip JUST FOR SWW. I would be bummed (this is a tremendous understatement) if it didn't happen or was somehow a very watered down version of what we experienced last year.

Since they said this is BUILDING OFF SWW success, I initially didn't worry about it.

Then with the "early next year" phrasing I started to wonder if they were going to change the offering or timing of SWW in a way we wouldn't like.

THEN I posited that they may begin Season of the Force earlier in the year and have it run through the traditional SWW period. Fingers crossed!!
Just received this reply to my email... No answer on SWW...

"Thank you for contacting us regarding the Walt Disney World Resort.

As a fellow Star Wars fan, I share your excitement with the recent
annoucments regarding the addition of a Star Wars themed land at
Disney's Hollywood Studios, as well as plans to increase the presence of
the Star Wars Universe throughout our Theme Parks. Over the next few
months Star Wars Launch Bay, Season of the Force and a brand new
adventure on Star Tours: The Adventures Continue will arrive at
Disnelyand and Disney's Hollywood Studios. Just this week, RunDisney
announced that in April the Walt Disney World Resort will host its Star
Wars: The Dark Side Half Marathon, 10K and 5K weekend. And of course we
are all looking forward to the opening day of Star Wars: The Force
Awakens!

At this time, I do not have any information regarding Star Wars
Weekends. While we did announce "Season of the Force" for both
Disneyland and the Walt Disney World Resort there have been no
announcements of any kind regarding Star Wars Weekends. Please keep an
eye on the official DisneyParks Blog for breaking news regarding the
Walt Disney World Resort.

Carolyn, I hope this information is useful in planning your upcoming
visit to the Walt Disney World Resort. If you have any questions, or if
I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me
at 407-827-5395. I am available Wednesday through Friday between the
hours of 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. EST."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter