Star Wars @ Sea...."Star Wars premier "???

Robin"D"

DIS Veteran
Does anybody know if they did some something special with the premiere of Star Wars? Any character show up?
just wondering .......

Robin & Angel "D"

They made a big deal about the evening on the Fantasy but I wouldn't say anything special. They adjusted 2nd seating and moved very quickly to get us out for the 10 PM showing. They did have a bunch of Star Wars merchandise out and a huge Star Wars cardboard marquee like you see in theaters in the small circular room in front of the Walt Disney Theater. It was still a terrific evening and glad we got to see it on board.

Just got off the Magic and they cancelled our Welcome Aboard show and had Star Wars in both the main theater as well as the regular movie theater. I was not happy since my daughter and I do not like Star Wars and had absolutely nothing to do for 2 hours on our first night of the cruise. There were no characters or anything special. Just lots of junk you could buy.

Don't confuse the "Star Wars Premier" shows on the ships in December with the "Star Wars Day @ Sea" 8 cruises on the Fantasy this Jan thorough April. Those are two very different things.

The first was just the movies playing on the ships coinciding with the release on the land + some chances to sell some merchandise.

The second includes special merchandise only available on those cruise dates, character meet and greets, transforming the ship at night to the star wars universe (apparently one of the bars will be made up like the Mos Eisley Cantina), a dress up party and who knows what else cause Disney ain't tellin' us.

Last edited:

Was on the Fantasy for the PremEar. No characters. Big 3D bill board thingy to take pictures in front of. It took the place of the big evening show. We had to enter a lotto for time slots. 2D and 3D. I got the 7pm 3D showing. Lots of fun. Tons of merchandise, including the mugs and popcorn holders in shape of Star Wars things. We bought the souvenir mugs, t-shirts, christmas ornaments, random Star Wars knick knacks, hats, etc.

Tie fighters with popcorn in them $25. People we were in line with were not happy with the price.

Tie fighters with popcorn in them $25. People we were in line with were not happy with the price.

Darth Vader popcorn holder sold out the first night, and I hadn't bought one ( I bought the tie fighter instead). I was so bummed, but they apparently re-stocked at Castaway Cay so I managed to nab one. My favorite was the BB8 drink holders/cups, they are so cute! Honestly, I didn't even pay attention to the price. But as my 8 year old told his friend tonight after we went to see The Force Awakens for the 4th time, "My mom is obsessed with Star Wars." Combine that with my DCL obsession, and that cruise was a dream come true for me!

Whoah! I was hearing $15 from the people in line.

I think I got slightly ripped off. I never got the receipt, but IIRC from the slip I signed, the BB8 cup and the Boba Fett cup are different prices. Is that right? Seems they would be the same to me.

FWIW, Boba is easier to clean afterwards. However, BB8 is much easier to hold while sitting in a seat without spilling. And much safer when packed away. Boba's antenna is liable to get snapped off accidentally. I packed BB8 in checked luggage, but Boba had to go on carry on.

Whoah! I was hearing $15 from the people in line.

I think I got slightly ripped off. I never got the receipt, but IIRC from the slip I signed, the BB8 cup and the Boba Fett cup are different prices. Is that right? Seems they would be the same to me.

FWIW, Boba is easier to clean afterwards. However, BB8 is much easier to hold while sitting in a seat without spilling. And much safer when packed away. Boba's antenna is liable to get snapped off accidentally. I packed BB8 in checked luggage, but Boba had to go on carry on.
The Boba fett was cheaper. I cannot remember how much but $15 sounds right. We were thinking about getting it because it seemed more reasonable.

Thanks! Ok, they did get the prices right. I just remember thinking the prices were weird when I was signing the slip, but in the mad rush to get in the theater, the small price difference wasn't worth asking about. I could have sworn it was some odd amount that was less than $1. Maybe it was the auto gratuity? I dunno. I didn't have time to do the math in my head with how hectic it was.

Can anyone confirm if the Tie Fighter can be taken into pieces for easier transport back home? My sister is going to the parks in a week and I was thinking of asking her to bring one back for me. Or maybe not. It is huge and I gotta figure out where in the house I'm gonna store that sucker.

Thanks! Ok, they did get the prices right. I just remember thinking the prices were weird when I was signing the slip, but in the mad rush to get in the theater, the small price difference wasn't worth asking about. I could have sworn it was some odd amount that was less than $1. Maybe it was the auto gratuity? I dunno. I didn't have time to do the math in my head with how hectic it was.

Can anyone confirm if the Tie Fighter can be taken into pieces for easier transport back home? My sister is going to the parks in a week and I was thinking of asking her to bring one back for me. Or maybe not. It is huge and I gotta figure out where in the house I'm gonna store that sucker.
It probably was autogratuity because they do that on the concessions. The guy serving us asked us if we wanted to add additional gratuity. The tie fighter can be broken down because we saw kids taking them apart and putting them back together on the ship.

Yeah, the ends/wings come off

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter