Star Wars or Illuminations Dessert Party?

stace1214

DIS Veteran
Which would you recommend? Obviously the price of the Illuminations party sounds much better, but we've never done either.

Star Wars. Dessert and you get a good view. And imo the show is much better

I wouldn't pay for a dessert party for Illuminations since there's so many spots for it. I would save that money and get treats from wherever and grab a view anywhere around the lagoon.

Star Wars. Dessert and you get a good view. And imo the show is much better

I wouldn't pay for a dessert party for Illuminations since there's so many spots for it. I would save that money and get treats from wherever and grab a view anywhere around the lagoon.
Is the Star Wars show permanent?

I've done the Star Wars Dessert Party twice now. I really enjoyed the party. The food and drinks were good and it felt like it was totally worth it since I'd rather spend time at a party than standing around waiting for the evening show.

Illuminations I've always found it easy to get a space walking up someplace a half hour prior where as that wouldn't be possible for a good view of the Star Wars Galactic Spectacular - you'd have to be willing to be in a good spot an hour to an hour and a half prior in my opinion. There are much fewer good spots for that show.

Other opinions may vary. LOL

Illuminations was OK. Star wars had seating indoors before the show. My vote is for Star Wars.

Pretty permanent. It's not going anywhere anytime soon. They did some construction for the pyro for the show so it's not leaving anytime soon
It's not listed on the Disney website. Good to know! I was hoping to see OT but thought it was gone. We're going in May.

Another vote for star wars. We did the star wars dessert party twice on our last trip. First was part of the star wars guided tour. We loved it so much we booked another dessert party. Show was amazing as was the view. We also had some really fun interactions with the storm troopers on our second visit. :darth::chewy:

I've done the Star Wars Dessert Party twice now. I really enjoyed the party. The food and drinks were good and it felt like it was totally worth it since I'd rather spend time at a party than standing around waiting for the evening show.

Illuminations I've always found it easy to get a space walking up someplace a half hour prior where as that wouldn't be possible for a good view of the Star Wars Galactic Spectacular - you'd have to be willing to be in a good spot an hour to an hour and a half prior in my opinion. There are much fewer good spots for that show.

Other opinions may vary. LOL
What time does the dessert party start? Thinking about doing this on our September trip.

Why so early? What do you do for all that time?

Eat, drink, mingle

You don't have to show up that early. But for the amount of money being paid I'd take advantage of all the food and drinks

Another vote for Star Wars. It is very crowded so having a reserved viewing area is great. There are so many spots to view Illuminations that you don't need to camp out an hour before it starts.

I'd pick Star Wars. We've done it a few times. Since seeing the screens is more important than seeing tree sky, I think the dessert viewing offers a bit of an advantage.

Maybe that was before the "game room" closed? The only benches I noticed recently was in the room off the theater.

Yep. Right outside the Kylo meet and greet. There are standing tables by the food and some seated areas round the corner.
That's what I thought you might be referring to. Of the potentially 200 guests, very few will find a spot on those 2 or 3 benches. The party is advertised by Disney as "seating is not available."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter