• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Wars on the FANTASY - who is in?

Booked on the 4/2 cruise. Anyone know what day of the 7 night cruise will be Star Wars day and if it will replace Pirate night ?

I'm in! We are booked for Feb 20th. Traveling with myself(Stephanie), DH(Kevin) and DS(Damien,3). Also joining us will be my Mom, brother, sister and brother in law. So excited to hear more details.

We are on the first one, sounds like it will be a lot of fun, if you are on the 1/9 sailing, please see the link in my signature for the thread and post on here for the FE information.
You will be the one that we can ask all of our questions to. :)

Oh my! WE cancelled our Thanksgiving cruise and booked this April 2 Star Wars cruise before the announcement. I just checked the 11c inside room is within a few dollars of the price of our 6b verandah room that we booked before the announcement. WOW, we lucked up on both ends, price and the Star Wars announcement!

Booked on the 4/2 cruise. Anyone know what day of the 7 night cruise will be Star Wars day and if it will replace Pirate night ?

My understanding is that Star Wars Day will be on the Sea Day right after stopping in Grand Cayman (Wednesday) and that it will not replace Pirate Night--so we will get 2 nights of fireworks. I would think this would be the same on all the sailings, but to be sure, just check your e-mail confirmation from DCL, there is an itinerary at the very bottom and mine did show the Star Wars at Sea day.

ETA: We will only get fireworks on the Star Wars night based on the itinerary, not two nights.

Last edited:

My understanding is that Star Wars Day will be on the Sea Day right after stopping in Grand Cayman (Wednesday) and that it will not replace Pirate Night--so we will get 2 nights of fireworks. I would think this would be the same on all the sailings, but to be sure, just check your e-mail confirmation from DCL, there is an itinerary at the very bottom and mine did show the Star Wars at Sea day.

My email confirmation just days day at sea for all 3 days at sea.

We just switched our cruise from the Magic to the Fantasy to take in the Star Wars day at sea. We are BIG Star Wars fans and are very excited about this one.

Who else is in? We can keep track of all news and celebrities coming on board here as more details come out.

Please don't post about how much you hate Star Wars and trying to avoid the cruises. This is only intended for fans sharing the excitement of these cruises! Thank you

We will be on the Feb 20th cruise, it will be four of us DH, DS (18 at the time ) and DD ( 15 at the time). We are from Canada and very excited :jumping1:

Hi, Trying to look at dates for the SW cruise, but I am unable to find February 20th. The only dates I am finding for the end of February for the Fantasy are the 21st (eastern) and the 28th (eastern)?

ETA: Sorry, looking at the wrong Year! :blush:

According to the Disney Cruiseline Blog (http://disneycruiselineblog.com/2015/02/frozen-star-wars-sailings-deck-party-fireworks-details/), there will still be a Pirates deck party but fireworks will only happen on the Star Wars day.

Hmmm. We may have to change our January 2, 2016 sailing to January 9, 2016, for the Inaugural Star Wars cruise! Hopefully, they will also have Episode 7 - The Force Awakens, since that opens before the sailings (December 18, 2015).

prices have increased since the announcement. Don't wait too long to book.

Actually, the Jan 9 Star Wars cruise was cheaper than our Jan 2 Eastern cruise (same stateroom category, 4B)!!

We are on for now, but we really have our hearts set on the Eastbound Transatlantic in 2016. Still waiting on that one to be released, so we may switch out of the Star Wars cruise.

My email confirmation just days day at sea for all 3 days at sea.

This is what it says on my email conformations

Day Date Port Ashore Onboard
Saturday 20-Feb-2016 PORT CANAVERAL 3:45 PM
Sunday 21-Feb-2016 AT SEA
Monday 22-Feb-2016 COZUMEL 8:30 AM 3:45 PM
Tuesday 23-Feb-2016 GRAND CAYMAN 10:30 AM 5:30 PM TENDER
Wednesday 24-Feb-2016 STAR WARS AT SEA
Thursday 25-Feb-2016 AT SEA
Friday 26-Feb-2016 CASTAWAY CAY 8:30 AM 4:45 PM
Saturday 27-Feb-2016 PORT CANAVERAL 7:30 AM

Hubby and I are booked for the February 20th sailing! I'm really excited! DH on the other hand is not quite as enthusiastic about the Star Wars aspect, but he's happy we're going to do this trip without kids!!

I'd assume then that pirate night will be on Tuesday. For the record, I'd be a bit disappointed if the Pirate fireworks were not a part of the cruise.

I'd assume then that pirate night will be on Tuesday. For the record, I'd be a bit disappointed if the Pirate fireworks were not a part of the cruise.
I read a notification from DCL that said that fireworks would only occur once - on Star Wars night - not on Pirate Night. :sad:

What's weird is that the first confirmation email I was sent had this exact same thing (before we officially paid deposit, on day of announcement). The confirmation email from our TA after our deposit was officially posted, did NOT have this info. It just said At Sea, now. I wonder if they decided to keep their options open for now on which Sea day to have it on?

We have been thinking about a Disney Cruise for a long time and now I can say with great excitement that we are taking our first Disney Cruise on February 20th, 2016!!! We booked the day after the announcement without any hesitation. DH and I are huge SW fans and our DS6 is obsessed. Even our DD3 goes around singing the Imperial March. Words cannot begin to describe how excited we are. And after hearing so many wonderful things about DCL it makes it even better. It's going to be such a long wait!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter