• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Wars Nightastically Delicious! ~ Updated 10/24: Nov PTR Started...Link in Siggie

Oh AKL how I love thee!! :cloud9:

Glad you guys got the room location that y'all requested!!

Love snacking on zebra domes whenever you want to!!

Sounds like y'all had a full day! And a full evening planned!
Can't wait to hear if you were able to enjoy 'Ohana more this time around!!

Wow you both got alot done in one day. Love the update! :thumbsup2
We love Ohana's food and watching wishes by the window.
Yes, we did a ridiculous amount in one day...and it's not over yet!

'Ohana was great! :thumbsup2 Coming up in the next update...

Oh AKL how I love thee!! :cloud9:

Glad you guys got the room location that y'all requested!!

Love snacking on zebra domes whenever you want to!!

Sounds like y'all had a full day! And a full evening planned!
Can't wait to hear if you were able to enjoy 'Ohana more this time around!!
I agree about AKL! :cloud9: We loved our room, only wish that we'd been able to spend more time there. We did manage to refill our Zebra Dome stash, though.

Oooohhh!! AKL looks awesome! I never had any interest in staying here until your post. I don't think I'd ever really looked at it. Very nifty! My boys would be crazy over so many animals so close!

Loving your TR! You did a heck of a lot more SWW stuff than us and it's cool to see what we didn't do or notice. Star Tours was dead the two times we made it up, too. It was kinda funny. Can't wait to hear about Ohana next!

We were so happy to be back at the Poly! Even though we’ve only spent one night there, we love it! :lovestruc

We checked in at ‘Ohana and asked for a window/fireworks view table, if at all possible. We said we were willing to wait. We grabbed a little table in the waiting area and relaxed. It was so nice just sitting there in the Poly. :cloud9:

I think it was around 9:30pm or so by the time we were seated. We were brought to a window table, but told that it was not a fireworks view table. We asked if there was a fireworks view table that we could wait for. The "cousin" went to check, but came back and said that there was nothing. We took this table. I was more interested in the food than the fireworks anyway!

And food there was! If you read our January TR, you know that I’d been quite ill with a stomach virus prior to eating at ‘Ohana. Although I was able to keep the food down at that point, I didn’t have much appetite and only was able to “sample” things. I had been waiting 4 and a half months to really EAT at ‘Ohana. I’d been drooling over our food pics from January for months!

First up was the yummy, yummy bread:

76Bread.jpg

The salad was great (I was shoveling this down):

77Salad.jpg

And we got our drink (to share). We had wanted to get a Lapu Lapu on our last trip, but never got around to it. We did now:

78LapuLapu.jpg

It was good. I think I preferred the fruity, peachy drink we had on our last trip, but this one looks cooler!

Somewhere around this time, at 10pm, Wishes started. One note: this was the last night of Wishes before switching to the Summer Nightastic show. We were pleasantly surprised that we could see quite a bit over the trees…any of the higher fireworks were viewable from our table. In fact, the view was good enough that a fair number of people from other tables gathered around our table. :crowded: The waiter actually had to ask people to make room for him to bring our food. We enjoyed semi-Wishes and enjoyed the food. More had come around during the show. The sticky wings (I only had one of those. Good, not my favorite thing, though.) and the potstickers (I had four! Yum!!):

79Wings.jpg

80Potstickers.jpg

The noodles, broccoli, and meats were all brought shortly after:

81Plate.jpg

82Meat.jpg

I love the noodles! I ate a lot of them! The broccoli was quite tasty too. I don’t like seafood, so I skipped the shrimp, but I did have a piece of all the other meats. I also tried the dipping sauces, which I’d skipped entirely last time.

We filled up on all the yummy food, but left some room for the dessert. I only had been able to stomach one bite of this sweetness last time, so I had to make up for that now. The banana caramel bread pudding:

83Dessert1.jpg

84Dessert2.jpg

‘Ohana was getting pretty empty around 11pm, as we rolled ourselves out of there, stuffed but happy. Also sleepy. I suggested that we take a mini-nap in the hammocks on the beach. Dug agreed that this would be a wise move.

We got maybe 10 minutes in the hammocks before a MK boat showed up at the dock. It was EMH now, so we wanted to take advantage of it. We got on the boat and ended up being the only passengers. A private cruise! The captain of the boat saw Dug’s SWW shirt and struck up a SW conversation, as he was a big fan. Dug enjoyed that. I enjoyed the boat ride.

We arrived at the MK around 11:30pm:

85Arrival.jpg

Dug had decided that, since I’d indulged him on his SWW stuff all day, I could pick everything that we do at the MK. With no whining or complaining from him. Cool! :cool1: I wanted to hit Pirates first, as I’d been wishing I could ride it on a daily basis for months. (Wouldn’t the work week be better if you could start each workday with a ride on Pirates? I think so.)

We got to Pirates around 11:45pm, with a 5-minute wait posted. The line did look a bit longer than that, but we got through it fast enough. We were given the back seat of the boat. Apparently our boat was not well-balanced and splashed into the water rather violently. Dug ended up scraping his elbow (we noticed, after we got out of the ride, that it was bleeding a bit). He can now claim to have been injured by Pirates! pirate: We enjoyed most of the rest of the ride. Until the very end.

Our first ride breakdown of the trip! If you read about our past trips, you know that we are not new to this. However, this trip it almost became a theme. We were stuck just before the unloading area. The boat ahead of us had unloaded, but the CM couldn’t seem to move the boats up. Naturally, our boat was rammed repeatedly by all the boats behind us. Not too fun when you’re in the back seat. We spent a little while there. Finally, we moved and were able to exit.

Next on my itinerary was Splash Mountain. This had been down for refurb during our January trip, so I couldn’t wait to ride it again. When we got to the loading area (I don’t think there was really any line), we asked the CM for any seat except the front. She had us step aside for a moment. The next couple requested the same thing. Nobody wanted in the front! She did get some people to sit in front, though. We got the last row and that other couple got the 3rd row. Neither of us wanted to get soaked. And we were off!

I love Splash Mountain. It’s such a long ride, so much to look at, in a boat, fun small hills, etc. It seemed like there were either some new features since our ride in September, or maybe just some features working now that weren’t then. Either way, we enjoyed it.

We got down the hill without either of us last two rows really getting very wet. We were concerned about the other area where we got wet in September, though. When you’re just floating along slowly and another log goes down the hill and the log/water cannons splash out and get the back rows of your boat soaked. It looked like that was going to happen again, so us and the 3rd row couple worked together to pump our bodies back and forth to get the boat moving quicker. Sure enough, it worked and we just avoided a soaking! Now, that’s my kind of Disney magic! pixiedust: It was a fun moment of victory for the four of us.

Naturally, during the final part of the ride, we got backed up in a log-jam. Got to see a lot of the celebration scene, though. When we finally finished being rammed by other boats and disembarked, we asked the CM what caused the delay. Turns out that someone had stood up on the ride! The CM told us that the logs weigh a ton each and if someone fell and got trapped between them, they wouldn’t make it. I’m really glad we asked, as now we know it wasn’t technical problems, but people problems causing the delays. I can't imagine standing up on Splash! What were they thinking?!?

Next up, it was time to dry off on Big Thunder. Again, no real wait to speak of and we ended up in the back seat of the train. Loved riding in the back! It really whips along when you’re back there! Still one of my all-time favorite rides!

I think it was after Big Thunder that Dug snapped this pretty picture of the riverboat:

86Riverboat.jpg

We also came across a photo op with nobody at it. I took a picture of Dug by himself, but then a CM passing by offered to take one of both of us:

87Pose.jpg

It was around 1am now. Time for the Haunted Mansion. It was enjoyable, as usual.

We decided to make our way over to Tomorrowland now. On the way, Dug noticed that Dumbo was a walk-on and asked to go. This wasn’t on my agenda, but with no line at all, how could I argue? We flew around on our Dumbos:

88Dumbo.jpg

We got to Tomorrowland and were sad to see that the TTA was closed. We figured that they must not keep it open during EMH. Bummer! We love the TTA. :sad1: Some other day…

Next up was something I had been anxiously awaiting: Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin! You may recall from our last TR that we are terrible at this game. Really bad. But, between trips, I came across an online video that showed the “secret” targets to hit to max out your score at 999,999. I couldn’t wait to try it out myself!

Conforming with the theme of the night, Buzz also broke down on us. We were stuck by this cute alien for quite awhile:

92Alien.jpg

Dug has me quoted on Twitter as saying, “This isn’t Extra Magic Hours, it’s Extra Broken Hours!” Finally, we moved again. Despite the breakdown, we both did WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better than we ever have before (Dug better than me, though):

89Buzz1.jpg

90Buzz2.jpg

Yea for cheating! :woohoo:

On our way out, we asked a CM what caused the delay. Turns out it was another person doing something stupid. Someone had managed to drop their backpack out of their car and onto the track in front of them. If you can picture how high the sides of the cars on this ride are, you can understand why I am so incredulous that someone managed to “accidentally” do this.

We decided to squeeze in one more round on Buzz, hoping the ride wouldn’t break down. We went again, but both had a lot more trouble with our blasters (which is how I’m used to riding this). We must have had particularly good ones on the first ride, as we were able to identify and aim our red dots. Not this time. I don’t remember our scores, but they were definitely not impressive enough to take a picture of. Oh, well. Guess we’ll just have to hit Buzz again later in the trip.

It was only a few minutes before 2am, so we hustled on over to Space Mountain. The posted wait time was 60 minutes, but there was really very little wait. The guy in front of us in line struck up a conversation with Dug, based on the SWW shirt. They were still chatting when we got into the ride vehicle.

That other guy got the first seat (of the second car) and we got the middle and back. This was a problem for our backpack. Our BIG backpack. Dug started to ask the guy to switch with us, but I didn’t want to inconvenience him. I didn’t think it would be that big of a problem. In the past, Dug has given the backpack to me during the ride, as I have more legroom for it. But I was used to being in the front of the vehicle. I was in the back this time. I figured I could still squeeze it in somewhere, though. Well, the ride started going and I was still trying to fit the backpack in with my legs in the squished backseat. To clarify, there’s plenty of leg room in the backseat, because you can stretch out your legs, but there is not enough room to fit a large bag in too. As we were moving, I finally managed to wedge the backpack in super tightly with my semi-twisted leg. Very uncomfortable and I was worried that the motion of the ride might cause me to break my uncomfortably twisted ankle. I spent the whole ride bracing myself with my other leg and arms. I should have just held the backpack on my lap (if that’s allowed). Otherwise, the ride was fun. I do love Space Mountain.

When the ride came to a stop, I wasn’t able to hop out the way I usually do. Instead, I was helplessly wedged in there. I couldn’t move my left leg or the backpack at all. After fighting with them briefly, I managed to rip the backpack out of there, then remove my newly-sore leg. Lesson learned! The backpack required the front seat.

We were heading out of the MK about quarter after 2am. On our way, we passed this sign, advertising what we’d be doing the next night:

91Buzz3.jpg

We caught the bus to AKL and settled in for our nightly 3.5 hours of sleep.

For the record, we walked 8k steps on our travel day and 24k steps on this day.

Up next: Will we ever get a bus to the Studios? Will we ride the new and improved ToT? And we (mostly I) try another Disney “cult food”!

Oooohhh!! AKL looks awesome! I never had any interest in staying here until your post. I don't think I'd ever really looked at it. Very nifty! My boys would be crazy over so many animals so close!

Loving your TR! You did a heck of a lot more SWW stuff than us and it's cool to see what we didn't do or notice. Star Tours was dead the two times we made it up, too. It was kinda funny. Can't wait to hear about Ohana next!

We really loved AKL! So cool to open the drapes and never know what kind of animal would be outside!

Funny about Star Tours being empty...you'd think all these SW fans would want to ride it before it goes down for renovations. :confused3

Just posted 'Ohana. Enjoy!

That's funny about the rides breaking down, and here I thought it was us. We got stuck on SM, we had just gone around the corner and started going up the hill when it broke. They had us climb out and walk down the stairs. When we went to DCA my DH and two kids went on Grizzly River Run and got stuck halfway through the ride, it took them over a hour to unload everyone and walk down the mountain. Just reading your TR makes me tired, you both do a lot of walking in one day.

Love the pictures from the Star Wars parade, the Disney/SW characters are so cute! :lovestruc

AKL looks soooo beautiful, I would love to stay there someday! I'm still considering switching there from WL for my November trip, but it's just so far away! But the rooms are so pretty! And I have to try a zebra dome!!! :)

Glad you liked Ohana, I have an ADR there for my November trip and am not really sure if I want to keep it, but everyone has such positive things to say about it, I think I might! :cool1:

That's funny about the rides breaking down, and here I thought it was us. We got stuck on SM, we had just gone around the corner and started going up the hill when it broke. They had us climb out and walk down the stairs. When we went to DCA my DH and two kids went on Grizzly River Run and got stuck halfway through the ride, it took them over a hour to unload everyone and walk down the mountain. Just reading your TR makes me tired, you both do a lot of walking in one day.
I've never been stuck on Space Mountain. I would imagine that could be somewhat scary! :scared1:

Yes, writing this TR makes me tired too! Dug and I keep asking each other, "We really did all these things in the same day?!?"

Great report! Looking forward to hearing more!
:welcome: and thank you! There will be plenty more!

Love the pictures from the Star Wars parade, the Disney/SW characters are so cute! :lovestruc

AKL looks soooo beautiful, I would love to stay there someday! I'm still considering switching there from WL for my November trip, but it's just so far away! But the rooms are so pretty! And I have to try a zebra dome!!! :)

Glad you liked Ohana, I have an ADR there for my November trip and am not really sure if I want to keep it, but everyone has such positive things to say about it, I think I might! :cool1:
Yes, I like the Disney/SW characters too. Sadly, we never got to meet any of them. :sad1: Oh, well.

We loved AKL and would happily stay there again. However, we did spend one night at the WL on our last trip and really liked it there too. I don't think you can go wrong either way. And the WL does have better transportation. But AKL has animals and Zebra Domes. So many decisions!

Yes, we really liked 'Ohana. Of course, being family-style, what you see in the pics is what you get. So, if you like that kind of food, it's quite good. Is it the best meal we had on our trip? No. But it was very good! And we love spending time at the Poly! :love:

holy cow that was a packed day! I need a nap just reading about it :rotfl:

I'm sorry for all the ride delays. That must have been annoying.

Signing on for more fun. We were down there from the 4th-10th. Attended SWW on Sunday the 6th. Had a blast even though I don't know much about it. Dh and kids are big fans of it. Looking forward to reading more about your trip.

ugghhh. I missed a bunch of updates :headache:

Glad you got a good room. We always request Zebra Trail 3rd Floor...obviously DVC is on the 5th but they still gave us Zebra Trail :banana: It's such a good spot

Good job finding the River Hogs. They are the trickiest animal to find :thumbsup2

The O'Hana pics made me drool. I can't believe that people stood around your table. How rude!!! I'm interested to hear what you thought about the WISHES dessert party because that's exactly what we didn't like about it. Everyone running for a view and not just sitting and relaxing.

I may have gotten a certain score on Buzz :rolleyes1

101047944705_0_ALB.jpg

holy cow that was a packed day! I need a nap just reading about it :rotfl:

I'm sorry for all the ride delays. That must have been annoying.
Better rest up for the upcoming days too! ;)

After awhile, we were just finding all the ride breakdowns rather funny. :rotfl:

Signing on for more fun. We were down there from the 4th-10th. Attended SWW on Sunday the 6th. Had a blast even though I don't know much about it. Dh and kids are big fans of it. Looking forward to reading more about your trip.
:welcome: Keep an eye out for yourself in the background of the pictures! I was impressed at how well Disney did at making SWW fun even for people like us who are not terribly SW literate!

ugghhh. I missed a bunch of updates :headache:

Glad you got a good room. We always request Zebra Trail 3rd Floor...obviously DVC is on the 5th but they still gave us Zebra Trail :banana: It's such a good spot

Good job finding the River Hogs. They are the trickiest animal to find :thumbsup2

The O'Hana pics made me drool. I can't believe that people stood around your table. How rude!!! I'm interested to hear what you thought about the WISHES dessert party because that's exactly what we didn't like about it. Everyone running for a view and not just sitting and relaxing.

I may have gotten a certain score on Buzz :rolleyes1

101047944705_0_ALB.jpg
Yes, I was on an updating spree over the weekend. Not so much during the week...

Yes, we were super happy with our room at AKL. I liked that we were close to a little pond, so animals seemed to be drawn to the area.

I had no idea the River Hogs were hard to find. I think we saw them often!

You know, I thought it was a little uncomfortable with people gathering around our table while we were eating, but I was easily distracted by the fireworks and just ignored the crowd.

I wish I had a picture like that from Buzz! :wizard:

After our 3.5 hours of nightly sleep, we woke up to see a giraffe having breakfast on the savanna:

1giraffebreakfast.jpg

Got ready for the day and had breakfast in our room. I think Dug had a breakfast bar. If you read our last TR, you can probably guess what I had: a bowl of Reese’s Puffs! Yum!

We were a little bit slow getting ready this morning. DHS was opening at 9am and we made it out to the bus stop around 8:30am. We figured we’d still make it there pretty close to opening, though. Now all we need is a bus… :rolleyes1

We knew, when we changed our resort from POFQ to AKL, that AKL is pretty far from everything and not known for its stellar transportation. We figured that we could deal with the long bus rides, though. What we didn’t anticipate was the difficulty in getting a bus.

When we got to the bus stop, there were already a decent number of people waiting for a DHS bus. Not many at the other stops. And we saw buses for other parks come and go. The bus stop actually had its own CM, so we asked him where the DHS buses were…we had a stormtrooper opening show to see! Well, turns out that the DHS buses were filling up over at Kidani Village and not even coming to Jambo House!

Perhaps it should have struck us as a bad sign that this bus stop needed a CM to monitor the bus (or lack thereof) situation. Unfortunately, he had very little power to do anything, only record and report things. After about 20 minutes, we’d seen two Downtown Disney buses, but not a single Studios bus. You’d think they could reroute one of the Downtown Disney buses, but nope. :headache: If only we’d known what this would be like, we could have walked over to Kidani’s bus stop. Or even taken the Downtown Disney bus over there. But, the CM seemed fairly sure that a DHS bus would show up soon.

Eventually, after about a half an hour of waiting, a DHS bus pulled up (half-full from Kidani). We got on and grabbed seats. Luckily, we had been smart and were standing right where the bus door opens to pick people up, so we were the second family in. Maybe it’s because I ride a bus to work on a daily basis, but I don’t understand the people that wait for Disney buses at the back or left side of the bus stop :confused3 (unless they need to sit on the bench, I get that). It’s not a secret that the bus door will be on the right side of the bus stop, just off the curb. Why not wait somewhere close to that area? You snooze, you lose, I guess. Many people (that were at the bus stop earlier than us) ended up standing on that long bus ride.

Finally on our way to the Studios, we wondered how our Touring Plans would work today, showing up significantly later than we intended. The park was already open and we’d just gotten on the bus. When we got near DHS, we saw a traffic jam of cars and busses lined up at the gates. Yikes! :eek:

Once inside, we stopped and watched the stormtroopers at the entrance for a few minutes:

2stormtroopers.jpg

They did some random little bits, like saying to each other, “What is this thing people keep doing?” Then he held his hands up to his face, imitating the way people look holding their cameras. The other said, “Maybe it’s a greeting!” Then they greeted us like that. They also did a bit where they said that the human chain of command confused them, “The men carry the load, the women navigate, and the little ones decide what to do!” :rotfl:

We headed inside the park and hoped for the best. And it worked out okay! We were able to get FP for TSM and ride ToT all before 10am! We had grabbed the TSM Fast Passes first and noticed very long lines. Our FP were for 12:45pm. We had checked on the possibility of meeting Darth Vader after that, but the line was already longer than Dug was willing to brave. We also saw this Gamorrean Guard at some point:

3gamorreanguard.jpg

We hit ToT next:

4ToT1.jpg

We were lucky to find only a 20 minute wait that went very quickly. I love the dusty attention to detail:

5ToT2.jpg

6ToT3.jpg

7ToT4.jpg

8ToT5.jpg

While in line, we asked a CM if the new “Summer Nightastic” drop sequence was in effect and it was! The ride was great, as usual. I didn’t notice much difference, except that they showed a mirror image picture of all of us in the elevator car and we saw ourselves disappearing into the 5th dimension. That was cool.

We were thirsty, so we wandered into Starring Rolls for some waters. When we were in there, I spied the coveted Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes. They may have been there the previous day too, but Dug wouldn’t have known, as everything seemed to be labeled wrong. I’ve seen enough pictures on the Dis to know which cupcake was which. I think the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcake said that it was White Chocolate! We decided we should just get one now, to make sure I had a chance to try it.

We got our cupcake and waters and sat down at a table outside. Here’s the “before” picture of our yummy snack:

9YumBefore.jpg

And the “during” picture:

10YumDuring.jpg

And the “after” picture:

11YumAfter.jpg

I should mention that I don’t like cupcakes. Or really most cake, in general. But I had heard too many good things about the Starring Rolls cupcakes, so I had to try one. Well, we finished that thing and Dug only had a few bites!!! That whole topping pile is a delicious peanut butter chocolate and so is the filling. :lovestruc The chocolate cake itself was pretty good too (for cake). I can’t believe I ate the whole thing! I just couldn’t stop eating! By the way, if you’re keeping track, so far this day I’ve eaten Reese’s Peanut Butter Puffs and a giant Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcake!

After polishing that off, we started walking. Dug spotted Commander Cody heading to an autograph/photo session:

12CC1.jpg

It was about 11am and we decided to hop in line and see if we could meet him before he had to leave for the parade. We ended up being the last people in line, as the CM cut it off after us. He said he thought we’d probably get to meet him. Well, after a 15 minute wait or so, we got to the front of the line! :woohoo: Commander Cody got to be the first signature in Dug’s autograph book:

13CC2.jpg

14CC25.jpg

Then I took a picture of him and Dug posing together:

15CC3.jpg

After that, we walked by an empty autograph area and Dug wanted to do some poses in the halls of Tantive IV:

16DugPose1.jpg

17DugPose2.jpg

We still had a bit of time to kill before our 11:45am lunch ADR at Brown Derby, so we decided to wander through One Man’s Dream. We’ve been through here before, but there’s so much to see that we didn’t mind going again. Dug had also just read a biography of Walt Disney, so he was especially interested in seeing some displays again. I had to get a picture with Walt and Mickey:

18MeWaltMickey.jpg

Up next: Lunch at the Hollywood Brown Derby! And the “Stars of the Saga” show!

SWW Looks pretty cool so far...and I'm not into SW at all.
What I would do for one fo those cupcakes right now!! Yum! :goodvibes

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:Love the StormTrooper humor!

Just for you, I have some stormtrooper video (don't mind the fogginess...we had humidity issues with the lens often):

I LOVE this trip report so far, I had to stop and tell you.. lol

:welcome: and thank you! I appreciate your letting me know you're enjoying! :goodvibes

SWW Looks pretty cool so far...and I'm not into SW at all.
What I would do for one fo those cupcakes right now!! Yum! :goodvibes
Yeah, I'm not into SW either, as much as Dug might like me to be, but Disney did a great job of making things fun for everyone!

Yes, I could handle snacking on one of those cupcakes right now too!

After we’d meandered through One Man’s Dream for a bit, we headed over to the Brown Derby. We arrived a few minutes early for our 11:45am ADR and were seated quickly in a corner booth. The restaurant was still pretty empty, since it was early. A couple pictures of our surroundings:

19BD1.jpg

20BD2.jpg

We came here to try the infamous Cobb Salad and Grapefruit Cake. We planned to have a light lunch, since we had an early dinner at Jiko and a Dessert Party planned for the evening. They started us off with some melt-in-your-mouth delicious warm bread and sea salt butter:

21Bread.jpg

We ordered the Cobb Salad to split (at lunch, it’s listed as an appetizer for two). Dug was also a bit hungrier than I (remember, I’d had that giant cupcake!), so he also got a bowl of Corn Chowder. By noon, they were tossing our Cobb Salad for us at the table:

22Tossing.jpg

The salad (one half of it, actually) and the Corn Chowder:

23CobbSalad.jpg

24CornChowder.jpg

Dug was also feeling adventurous and decided to get the “Take Two” which was: Espresso, Bailey’s, Kahlua, and ice cream:

25Drink.jpg

It was not as good as it looked. He didn’t like it very much, actually.

All the food was quite good, though. The salad was very fresh and Dug liked the bite of his corn chowder. And we both loved that warm bread and butter!

For dessert, we never would have selected something called Grapefruit Cake on our own, but we had heard that this is one of those not-to-be-missed surprisingly good foods at WDW, so we gave it a try:

26GCake.jpg

Our verdict: It was good, but nothing we’d order again. Something different to try once, but not our cup of tea.

Our waiter was kind enough to take our picture:

27UsatBD.jpg

We were out of there at about 12:45pm. We noticed that the restaurant had really filled up while we were there. Dug snapped this pretty picture of the palms on our way out:

28Palms.jpg

It was now time to line up for the Stars of the Saga celebrity talk show. The line actually stretched into the San Francisco street (too long for the Muppet queue area). We ended up sitting on the steps, in the shade, along with the others in line there. Here was our view from the line:

29SanFran.jpg

After a short while of sitting in the shade, the line was moved up. And we had to stand in the sun! I remember this as being one of the most miserably hot parts of the trip. :sunny: Feeling sweat just running down me in the glaring sun…yuck! All I can say is thank goodness we brought our little misting fans! They were well used during this wait.

Finally, the line began moving again and we made our way to the theater:

30Entry.jpg

Before the show started, the stormtroopers came out and did a hilarious little skit. They showed various “blooper” clips of stormtroopers getting shot, etc. and pretended it was all one stormtrooper. They were giving that one a hard time:

31STShow.jpg

Then, the show started and Jeremy, the host, came out:

32StarsSaga.jpg

33Jeremy.jpg

He introduced Ray Park, who came walking in on his hands:

34RayHS.jpg

Billy Dee Williams joined them as well. He was wearing his slippers, as he said they were so comfortable! Dug said that Billy Dee was cool enough that he managed to pull that off:

35AllThree.jpg

It was a talk show type format. They chatted about Star Wars. They chatted about other things. I think Ray talked about Heroes a bit. Billy Dee showed off some paintings that he had done.

At the end of the show, they all put on their mouse ears :earsboy: and did the Mickey Mouse Club song:

36Mouseketeers.jpg

After the show, we made our way out to the Endor Character Spot. One line had R2D2 and another character (we can’t remember who). We got in that line, as we were advised that the other character would be switching with C3PO soon. After waiting in line a bit, sure enough, C3PO joined R2D2. I think we waited about 30 minutes total before Dug got to talk to C3PO:

37WhatrtheOdds.jpg

Dug walked up to him and asked, “What are the odds of meeting you here?” Dug was thrilled when C3PO responded in character by saying, “3733 to 1!”

I even jumped into this picture:

38R2C3.jpg

After that fun meeting, we snapped a picture of Chewbacca :chewy: and an Ewok :ewok:, as the line was way too long to wait in:

39Chewok.jpg

At least we got to meet Peter Mayhew, who played Chewbacca, a couple years ago (he came to a haunted house in MN for Halloween).

At this point, we went to redeem our TSM Fast Passes. We had properly operating blasters this time and did a little better than we had the day before. I even beat Dug! (that seldom happens—on anything!) I got 156k and he got 147k. I know because I made him Tweet our scores!

We had to head out of the park now. It was about 3pm and we had to go pick up our special Passholder fireworks viewing glasses at the MK. They were distributing them for free from 4-8pm (and said that there was a limited supply), so we wanted to make we got them before we had to go freshen up for our 5:55pm dinner at Jiko.

We made our way toward the exit of DHS.

Up next: Block Party Bash, a visit to Fancy-Schmancy-ville, and we become entranced by something we see while cutting through stores on Main Street!

Dug was also feeling adventurous and decided to get the “Take Two” which was: Espresso, Bailey’s, Kahlua, and ice cream:

25Drink.jpg

It was not as good as it looked. He didn’t like it very much, actually.

That stinks...I looks & sounds really good!

We had to head out of the park now. It was about 3pm and we had to go pick up our special Passholder fireworks viewing glasses at the MK. They were distributing them for free from 4-8pm (and said that there was a limited supply), so we wanted to make we got them before we had to go freshen up for our 5:55pm dinner at Jiko.
I want to know how you liked the glasses :3dglasses & if they added anything extra.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter