Star Wars Land at DHS (Thoughts)?

Sparrow03

"Dead Men Tell No Tales!"
Ever since Disney purchased Lucasfilm last year, there have been endless possibilities for this new relationship along with the upcoming new trilogy. However, the question I'm asking is what are your thoughts on a Star Wars Land for Disney's Hollywood Studios?

I would love it... I think it would be really helpful especially for Star Wars Weekends; instead of putting Star Wars stuff whenever it can fit, it can all be in one place, which would help crowds. Also, Star Tours is fun, so I'd be excited!

It would be really cool, especially so the Star Wars Weekends have kind of a hub, like you said.

Oh, to sit in a replica Cantina in a town made to look like Mos Eisley while the band is playing.....one can dream.

If they made a town, I'd have no problem getting my "non Disney fan" DH to go. He's a "hyper drive" Star Wars fan! Took me an hour to get him out of the gift shop at the end of Star Tours on one visit. Had to talk him out of getting a Jedi cape!

It's starting to grow on me. I was reluctant at first, but it's sounding pretty cool!

I also heard that the Lights, Motor, Action! is supposed to become Cars Land.... and has anyone heard about the Avatar Land that's supposed to be moving into AK? Not sure if I like that.

It's starting to grow on me. I was reluctant at first, but it's sounding pretty cool!

I also heard that the Lights, Motor, Action! is supposed to become Cars Land.... and has anyone heard about the Avatar Land that's supposed to be moving into AK? Not sure if I like that.

Yes, I agree with you, I'm not sure about avatar land because i feel like they are doing it just to compete with HP world. I would love to do at least Radiator Spings racers at Disney and go to Stars Tours land.

Avatarland is a terrible idea. Sure, it did well at the box office, but nobody talks about it anymore.

Harry Potter has a much larger and loyal fanbase. There is even a Harry Potter Club ay my school.

Disney is saying Pandora is beautiful. It may be but will they spend the funds on that. Plus I'd be creepers out and it'd be ruined with faint blue aliens.

Third, I know many people planned Universal trips because of Harry Potter. (I did. I also discovered Universal is fantastic.) I doubt people will for Avatar and geek out or start crying of happiness when they visit.

Please Disney, do not build Avatar. I'm not a fan of a Cars clone but I'd be OK with it. Avatar is a horrible idea.

Avatarland is a terrible idea. Sure, it did well at the box office, but nobody talks about it anymore.
Harry Potter has a much larger and loyal fanbase. There is even a Harry Potter Club ay my school.
Disney is saying Pandora is beautiful. It may be but will they spend the funds on that. Plus I'd be creepers out and it'd be ruined with faint blue aliens.

This. Avatar was great to watch once but it's not that kind of a movie that you can just sit down and watch again and again, and not that many people know a lot about it! I would be confused. And also I really don't feel like it fits in Animal Kingdom very well. There aren't any lands there themed off one individual movie.

Third, I know many people planned Universal trips because of Harry Potter. (I did. I also discovered Universal is fantastic.) I doubt people will for Avatar and geek out or start crying of happiness when they visit.

Please Disney, do not build Avatar. I'm not a fan of a Cars clone but I'd be OK with it. Avatar is a horrible idea.

I pretty much have the feeling Avatarland is pretty much gonna be the Disney Decade all over again. (For those who don't know, the disney Decade was this thing in the 90s where Michael Eisner hyped up a bunch of amazing attractions for Disneyland/WDW when most of them never came to be.)

Anyway, there's actually a rumor on WDWMagic right now where somebody stated most of DHS uis going to get a long awaited makeover with some new attractions, including SWL, but we're gonna lose a few things.

Here's the thread if anyone wants to see it: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/why-hollywood-studios-is-being-rebuilt.867235/

TylerFG said:
I pretty much have the feeling Avatarland is pretty much gonna be the Disney Decade all over again. (For those who don't know, the disney Decade was this thing in the 90s where Michael Eisner hyped up a bunch of amazing attractions for Disneyland/WDW when most of them never came to be.)

Anyway, there's actually a rumor on WDWMagic right now where somebody stated most of DHS uis going to get a long awaited makeover with some new attractions, including SWL, but we're gonna lose a few things.

Here's the thread if anyone wants to see it: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/why-hollywood-studios-is-being-rebuilt.867235/

I sure hope so Avatar is like the Disney Decade. My take on Hollywood Studios is put Star Wars in LMA and Backlot tour, remove hat, and add Monsters Inc coaster. I'm having a hard time believing they will remove backlot of America due to Osborne Lights. I'm excited to see what WDI announces at the D23 Convention this August.

I am not sure what I think. It seems okay. I honestly might go see one movie even though Star Wars isn't really my thing.

I sure hope so Avatar is like the Disney Decade. My take on Hollywood Studios is put Star Wars in LMA and Backlot tour, remove hat, and add Monsters Inc coaster. I'm having a hard time believing they will remove backlot of America due to Osborne Lights. I'm excited to see what WDI announces at the D23 Convention this August.

Remove hat?!? :faint:

Cinderella8 said:
Remove hat?!? :faint:

It's a little hard for our generation, but I think it'd be better to see the Chinese Theatre. Actually the hat wasn't there at the parks opening. I respect if you want to keep it, but that's where I'm coming from.

I won't mind the hat going! They usually have it covered with a Disney Channel stage show anyways. I don't know how I like the Chinese Theater being the main symbol for the park but I understand that's how it always was!

abidale said:
I won't mind the hat going! They usually have it covered with a Disney Channel stage show anyways. I don't know how I like the Chinese Theater being the main symbol for the park but I understand that's how it always was!

The earful tower was the symbol before :) I think it's adorable. Another option is moving the hat into the parking lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter