Star Wars Land and Cars Land Rumor

I think it somewhat more likely that they will take out Indy and expand that way, than expand the other way and take out Muppets and potentially Streets Of America. But there are gotchas either way.

If you take out Muppets, you are taking out a franchise that has seen a recent resurgence, and has a sequel movie in development.

If you take out Indy, you are losing a massive stage area used for other things. I don't know if those things can relocate easily to the BATB stage on the other side as I personally don't know if they need THAT much space. Indy does still appear to draw crowds though - it seemed pretty full a couple weekends ago - don't know if that's just SWW crowd effect.

If you take out Streets Of America, you lose the Osbourne lights. Wouldn't work as well on Tatooine I think. :)

A Cantina has been part of the rumors...you don't need a third counter service between Backlot Express and Studio Catering Company. If you take Indy you also take Backlot Express, so you'd probably want the Cantina. To take out SCC, you've got to expand all the way up into the Backlot area, possibly losing a good buffer that already exists between the areas. I know the article mentions the playground as being part of Star Wars Land, but that's alongside SCC and on the other side of the wall. I think they could keep the playground and cheaply retheme it to A Bug's Life as part of the Pixar expansion :)

Your right as I don't want to see them take away streets of America but they could move it to cars land and do it on Route 66.

Your right as I don't want to see them take away streets of America but they could move it to cars land and do it on Route 66.

I haven't personally seen it at DCA yet, but I don't think it's that big...plus it already seems to be lit up :)

Oh I didn't even think about possibly losing Streets of America and therefore Osborne lights. Man this stuff is complicated.

I would have to head to DHS and camp in front of Muppets if they thought about closing it. Is it a little old? Yes. But it is the last thing Jim Henson touched and I would be in mourning if it went away. I remember the day he died. We still need his genius in the parks.

Kim

J'accord. Long live the muppets!

Leave my Muppets alone! I'll be so upset if that goes. I see it every trip. I think the Muppets are pretty timeless (that REALLY outdated shot of the Studios at the end doesn't count! :rotfl2:)

I am all for a Star Wars Land, though. Take the Indiana Jones stunt show. As a repeat visitor I think that gets old way faster than The Muppets.

I'm not a huge fan of the Cars movies, but it may be something my daughter might like when she's older so I'm not opposed to that idea at all. I fully think the Studios needs big updating.

what will be worse them take away muppets or figment in epcot i know kathy will chain her self to the ride if they ever think about taking figment away. s

I know there is a road behind the Star Tours area, but maybe they would be able to reroute it to get to the wooded area on the another side to have more space. And they would be able to get a great deal of space there. I've decided. The road goes, Muppets stay.

Kim

I know there is a road behind the Star Tours area, but maybe they would be able to reroute it to get to the wooded area on the another side to have more space. And they would be able to get a great deal of space there. I've decided. The road goes, Muppets stay.

Kim

There is the access road, but then right adjacent to that is the main entrance road with the parking entrance plaza (although a bit further down). They'd have to reroute that or greatly expand the Buena Vista Drive "back" entrance.

I've always though that if they did that, there is a LOT of space that could allow them to expand DHS by nearly 50% within a canal that runs around the area. But in another thread, someone mentioned that RCID considers that area "unsuitable" for building.

Edit: Interesting...just noticed in the latest satellite images, sometime during 2012 they seem to have re-established an old dirt access road off of Victory Way that goes to just before the parking lots, stopping at the canal...hmm...

Would anyone give a fight if they decide to take a away pizza planet but keep muppets.

Not I. It's the only counter service where I had enough of a communications issue with the order taker CM that I had problems with an order. That I first got charged for seven large sodas instead of 3 (didn't realize it until they started loading a ton of sodas on the tray), and then after I went back to correct it (much to the chagrin of those waiting in line - it was busy), she refunded me money - but refunded it all the way down to one soda, which I also didn't realize because I couldn't understand what she was saying, until they only gave me one soda - but the CM at the counter gave me two more because she knew it had already been screwed up twice...

I love Indy and I know the stage is used for other things but I'd much rather see that go and they expand inwards towards the waste of space that is the Sounds Dangerous Soundstage instead of touching Muppet theater!

The Muppets merely need a little updating, it would be silly to demolish in the midst of a sequel and resurgence in the brand without even attempting an update first. Jim Hensen and Muppet lovers deserve it.

Distinctly unpatriotic, indeed!

Also Pizza Planet is the woooorst. If they are updating they seriously need to open some restaurants that are actually worth the money/ dining credits in DHS.

Instead of spending the money on gimmicks they should invest on developping a proper menu with some variety. Although a cold beer while the Cantina band play in the background does sound pretty awesome. :P

I had even blocked Pizza Planet out from my memory when I was talking about not needing another counter service between the backlot express and studio catering :)

Maybe they can have the blue milk Aunt Barue served in ANH

DHS is our favorite park. It's not as crowded and Star Tours is pretty much a walk on at all times. For a boy who loves Star Wars it's a win-win for him. Star Wars land would be awesome but the thought of our fave park becoming crowded makes us cringe. Selfish I know. But don't care.

I would have to head to DHS and camp in front of Muppets if they thought about closing it. Is it a little old? Yes. But it is the last thing Jim Henson touched and I would be in mourning if it went away. I remember the day he died. We still need his genius in the parks.

Kim

Closing the Muppets would be distinctly unpatriotic...
But last time we were there was just as the film was out and even then the shop was more than half taken over by Phineas and blooming Ferb! so I fully expect to see the Muppets go! :sad:

I know Muppets is dated, but I will be upset if they get rid of it. There is a new Muppets movie coming out, the attraction needs updating, not demolition. Jim Henson worked on Muppets 3D himself and his characters deserve a place to live on at WDW.

I love Indy and I know the stage is used for other things but I'd much rather see that go and they expand inwards towards the waste of space that is the Sounds Dangerous Soundstage instead of touching Muppet theater!

The Muppets merely need a little updating, it would be silly to demolish in the midst of a sequel and resurgence in the brand without even attempting an update first. Jim Hensen and Muppet lovers deserve it.

Distinctly unpatriotic, indeed!

I completely agree! The Muppets are a staple in our house! :love:

Agreed! Sounds Dangerous is a huge waste!

I also agree with everyone on the food at HS. Pizza Planet is bleh and could be great. WDW's pizza has never been a favorite of ours, with the exception of Via napoli. The park really does need some tweaking. We are Star Wars fans also but if I to choose I'd pick Cars over it. We usually just go a half day for Fantasmic, Disney Junior, Star Wars & RNR and head out.

I also agree with everyone on the food at HS. Pizza Planet is bleh and could be great. WDW's pizza has never been a favorite of ours, with the exception of Via napoli.

As I understand it, it has to do with the water. The mineral content in the local water affects the dough significantly.

Via Napoli apparently imports the water from New York, which approximates the water in Italy, from what they said when it opened.

As I understand it, it has to do with the water. The mineral content in the local water affects the dough significantly.

Via Napoli apparently imports the water from New York, which approximates the water in Italy, from what they said when it opened.

Ahh yes. I have heard this and I know Disney's water is really gross! That plus nescafe equals :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter