Star Wars instead of Avatar

nicki.momof3

Addicted to Disney Vacations
Now that Disney is going to have Star War who else thinks they should invest in a "Star Wars Land" instead of the planned "Avatar Land" at AK.

I think stars wars would be such a a huge attraction - WOW!!!!

If Star Wars invaded my beloved Animal Kingdom, I would cry.

I'm indifferent to Avatar as a film, but at least it makes more 'sense' with AK and isn't a franchise that has been shoved down my throat for the 30 years I've been alive!

at least Avatar land kinda fits in with animal kingdom with pandora the whole nature theme ect.. there is no way to really tie in star wars to DAK.. it would have to go into HS or something

Star Wars fits in HS perfectly as this park needs 'something' more anyway !!! Instead of a 90+ minute wait for Toy Story Mania.......we can have a whole new area for more to do !!!

I reckon Star Wars would be fantastic in DHS- it's such a mega brand and a Star Wars land would be a huge success IMHO.

I really don't like Avatar much, and don't think Disney should be building an Avatarland in AK. Although it goes with the theme pretty well I think there are better options. Lion King would go well but isn't nearly so well known as Avatar and it doesn't appeal to a wide enough audience, I suppose.

I think DHS and AK both need additions, and Star Wars would be great for DHS, though AK doesn't have enough attractions either. Avatar would be impressive but I don't think it is the best option.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

LOL,
Star Wars would fit into AK just fine. It would all have to be based on Endor though. ;)

Star Wars Land>Avatarland

To the person who said SW in AK, SW would be in DHS where it currently is.

Star Wars Land>Avatarland

To the person who said SW in AK, SW would be in DHS where it currently is.

That person is the OP. The entire purpose of this thread is based upon their suggestion that Avatarland should be swapped for Star Wars. In AK. :laughing:

I am all for putting more SW attractions in DHS and containing the Lucas brand there. Since it's my least favorite park it's no loss to me if its taken over by a franchise I can't stand!

There are animals in Star Wars. You could have an attraction called "Tauntaun Blanket" that was an immersive experience complete with heat from tauntaun guts and the smell of tauntaun fur. Or a Buzz Lightyear-esque ride called "Ewok Hunt." Or how about "Target: Womp Rats" in which you pilot your own T-16 and bull's eye the pesky critters in Beggar's Canyon.

Disney, I am available for consultation! FYI!

I agree that it would fit better at DHS but in I was basing the OP on the fact that avatar land is already on the books. I can see a tie in. They already have dinosaurs at AK and SW has animals in it (sorta - but not "real").

I just think SW would be a much better investment and a much larger draw.

There are so many SW fans out there that it would be huge if done right.

I 100% agree that both parks need something. Avatar at AK and SW at DHS would be perfect.

SW in AK makes absolutely no sense. Mind you I'm ho-hum on Avatar the movie and don't care for an Avatar-land either but at least the theme of harmony with nature fits in.

At the moment, I really don't want to see SW added to any park beyond what's there in DHS already.

This is coming from an admitted Star Wars 4,5,6 fan.

By the way - the new trio (7,8,9), if true to Lucas' original plans should be played out in the future beyond the destruction of The Emperor in SW 6. Disney will most likely come up with a story line that can translate to a ride well in these next 3 movies. I need a job with Disney, now! ;)

I'm in the "PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE chuck Avatar land and spend the money on Star Wars Land."

This is a franchise that appeals to ALL ages and has stood the test of time. Yes, it should be in DHS, not AK, but I can't stand the idea of Avatar in AK. That was one of the most depressing movies I've ever seen. If there was a new animal introduced in the film, it was killed!

PLEASE spend that money on SW - build SW an ENTIRE park - it deserves it and it would be well done. But, ugh, Avatar....no.

I don't see why there has to be one or the other. Avatar is a good fit in AK and would appeal to a certain demographic that is noticeably absent in the park.

Star Wars land already has a commanding presence at DHS, so expanding this into a land would be awesome!!! :goodvibes

StarWars-UPamim350.gif

A Star Wars land would be so cool... Who even knows when another Avatar movie will come out. Cameron is getting up there and he may die before making another one. Star Wars is way hotter than Avatar.

There are animals in Star Wars. You could have an attraction called "Tauntaun Blanket" that was an immersive experience complete with heat from tauntaun guts and the smell of tauntaun fur. Or a Buzz Lightyear-esque ride called "Ewok Hunt." Or how about "Target: Womp Rats" in which you pilot your own T-16 and bull's eye the pesky critters in Beggar's Canyon.

Disney, I am available for consultation! FYI!

Before applying for the job, you might want to say the attraction names out loud first. One of them wouldn't be so great when said out loud. :listen:

Just trying to help there. :3dglasses

That person is the OP. The entire purpose of this thread is based upon their suggestion that Avatarland should be swapped for Star Wars. In AK. :laughing:

Maybe, maybe not.

The OP might have been saying that it should be in AK. Or the OP might have been saying that Avatarland is set to be in AK. Really depends on how you read that sentence.

"should invest in a "Star Wars Land" instead of the planned "Avatar Land" at AK."

I read it as "at AK" describing where Avatar Land is planned. Not as the suggestion of where Star Wars Land should be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter