• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend ** Check-In ** January 15-18, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just looking through the program again and noticed that on the page about packet pick-up and the expo, it said to pick up your packet FIRST, then visit the expo. Is this in any way enforced?

I ask because DF and I have found it easier to do some shopping first, and get our packets later, after the lines get shorter.

I was just looking through the program again and noticed that on the page about packet pick-up and the expo, it said to pick up your packet FIRST, then visit the expo. Is this in any way enforced? I ask because DF and I have found it easier to do some shopping first, and get our packets later, after the lines get shorter.

Expo is open to the public so it's just suggesting what to do first not saying you have to.

Expo is open to the public so it's just suggesting what to do first not saying you have to.

Thank you! I thought so, but wanted to double-check. I know lots of people probably just go to the expo to get collectables, even when they're not running the races, so it seemed unlikely that they made you somehow prove you'd picked up a packet.

Thank you! I thought so, but wanted to double-check. I know lots of people probably just go to the expo to get collectables, even when they're not running the races, so it seemed unlikely that they made you somehow prove you'd picked up a packet.

Your welcome !

Does anyone know how strict Disney enforces the 16 min mile sweep on the 5k? I would assume that because of the shorter distance they may allow more time, my wife is pacing around 20 min now. Thanks.

Definitely head there 1st if there's anything you want or think you might want. A lot of people do go to buy stuff to put up on ebay. It's gotten pretty bad over the past couple of years and w/ the event being SW and the fan base there is there, they know they'll get alot of $.

Does anyone know how strict Disney enforces the 16 min mile sweep on the 5k? I would assume that because of the shorter distance they may allow more time, my wife is pacing around 20 min now. Thanks.

They're not too strict. As long as you're moving forward you should be good and if you feel a little worried, get to the start and the corrals a little earlier than planned to be at the front of your corral. They will shut down some of the photo ops though b/c the lines will get long.

Definitely head there 1st if there's anything you want or think you might want. A lot of people do go to buy stuff to put up on ebay. It's gotten pretty bad over the past couple of years and w/ the event being SW and the fan base there is there, they know they'll get alot of $.

I'm hoping there isn't much I want, I brilliantly booked my DD a 10am appt at Anna and Elsa and that's the same time expo opens. I usually like to get a "I did it! " shirt, prob no diff this time.

I'm hoping there isn't much I want, I brilliantly booked my DD a 10am appt at Anna and Elsa and that's the same time expo opens. I usually like to get a "I did it! " shirt, prob no diff this time.

I'm w/ you. I probably won't get to the expo until 5 on Thur night, hoping the crowds are down and some merch is left. I know people were posting pics on rD fb page from Wed and a guy who had a basket full of pins and people hoarding merch that you knew were going up on ebay. It's too close to implement something but it'd be nice if you had to show you're running to buy, at least for the 1st day or 2 or limits on how much.

It would be awesome if they opened the expo early for registered runners, at least. Give those of us who are actually in the race a chance to get something to remember it by before the people who are just looking to scoop up collectables for a profit. I know it wouldn't help everyone who is coming in later in the day, but it would be nice.

My work schedules are out and I actually got off all the days I asked for (Friday-Tuesday) but I totally forgot about Thursday so I could get to the Expo and get all the things I need! I don't start until 1:30, but that still only gives me about 3 1/2 hours to try and get the Dooney for my friends birthday, and my pins (and get back to DCA with enough time to change and get to my location). Trying to figure out if it would be better for me to do the Expo shop first and then the purses or not. Guess I'll just have to be there super early.

I'd like to see them do the virtual queue for race shirts et all so runners could plan their expo visits around it. As much as I was planning on buying an I did it shirt, I'm not counting on anything being available by the time I make it to the Expo on Friday afternoon.

Yes, I know they want to sell merchandise and I have no problem with that. My home is a testament to my willingness to buy and enjoy Disney and Star Wars stuff. I just would like to see them do something so that every registered runner at least has the opportunity to buy something beyond a pin they cannot see even if they can't make it to the Expo until Saturday.

Didn't see anything on the website, but do they allow GoPros with the chest harness in the race? My girlfriend isn't running but I'd like her to be able to see what it's like. Just want to be prepared if it isn't allowed.

Didn't see anything on the website, but do they allow GoPros with the chest harness in the race? My girlfriend isn't running but I'd like her to be able to see what it's like. Just want to be prepared if it isn't allowed. Thanks :)

I haven't seen anywhere they say you cannot wear one, I've seen a lot of go pro videos on YouTube from RunDisney races though.

This is my first rD weekend and life has made it a little stressful. DH and I are now flying to SNA and land Thursday at 9:30 am, will head to Disneyland Hotel to check in and get our packets. We need ours and our kids' 5K and then DD7's Kid Race. We head back to Phx on a 2:30 flight - no bags. Get the kids - and fly back at night. Ugh. Anyway - how bad are packet pick up lines when it first opens? Specifically for Kids Races and 5K? Also - when registering, I pre bought a pin for each girl. Where do I pick these up? We are so excited for this!!!

This is my first rD weekend and life has made it a little stressful. DH and I are now flying to SNA and land Thursday at 9:30 am, will head to Disneyland Hotel to check in and get our packets. We need ours and our kids' 5K and then DD7's Kid Race. We head back to Phx on a 2:30 flight - no bags. Get the kids - and fly back at night. Ugh. Anyway - how bad are packet pick up lines when it first opens? Specifically for Kids Races and 5K? Also - when registering, I pre bought a pin for each girl. Where do I pick these up? We are so excited for this!!!

Don't stress! :goodvibes Figure you'll get to the DLH by 10:30. Probably earlier, but always better to guesstimate later. Kids races usually are really short and super fast. 5k will be a little longer, but usually they're not too bad. When you enter the bib pickup area, they are both on the right w/ 5k 1st and then kids. If the lines are long, you could have DH in one line and you in another. For the pins, you'll get them when you pick up the bibs.

For info purposes, bib pickup is downstairs in the underground parking lot area, for the 5k you go back upstairs for the t-shirt. Kids races give you the shirt at the same time you get the bib.

I think it's the backstage exit by TOT. We come out on Harbor where the old entrance to the parking lot, where Disney Dr dead ends.

If it's the same as the tink course there's the bathrooms right before you get to GRR, past the embarcadero (ariel) store... those are the last I remember in DCA.

So, this is only my second trip to DL, and the first time, I did not have to worry about transportation. I am going to be booking a SuperShuttle (shared ride) from SNA to the hotel. How much time should I figure on it taking to get to the Courtyard on South Harbor Blvd, and how long will it take to use SuperShuttle to go from the hotel to SNA on the return trip?

(My flight is probably going to be so late on Thurs that I just wind up going to the expo bright and early on Friday, so not much merchandise for me this trip.)

Also - costume question. I figure a lightsaber is okay, but would a stormtrooper blaster rifle be too close to a real weapon? (I don't have one, but I was thinking about getting the rifle for the 10k, and the lightsaber for the half.)

I have never gone to the Expo's on the first day. What type of merchandise do they usually carry that sells out? When we have gone and browsed merchandise, I have only seen various tops and maybe some water bottles that seem pretty generic for RunDisney, not so much for the specific event. I never really found anything I cared to buy. I am curious what I am missing out on by not going the first day? Standing in line for 2+ hrs is not high on my list of things to do, but if they have really cool stuff then maybe I will check it out for Star Wars stuff.

So, this is only my second trip to DL, and the first time, I did not have to worry about transportation. I am going to be booking a SuperShuttle (shared ride) from SNA to the hotel. How much time should I figure on it taking to get to the Courtyard on South Harbor Blvd, and how long will it take to use SuperShuttle to go from the hotel to SNA on the return trip?

(My flight is probably going to be so late on Thurs that I just wind up going to the expo bright and early on Friday, so not much merchandise for me this trip.)

Also - costume question. I figure a lightsaber is okay, but would a stormtrooper blaster rifle be too close to a real weapon? (I don't have one, but I was thinking about getting the rifle for the 10k, and the lightsaber for the half.)

Shuttles~ I usually figure an hour +/- depending on which stop you get. Return trip usually takes me about 1/2 hr. They pick you up 2-2 1/2 hr beforehand. Going through SNA, I sometimes play w/ my departure time so I get picked up 1 1/2 hr b/c SNA is so small & never had line longer than 5min at security. If you're using Super Shuttle, use UYR59 as code snd it's 10% off.

For the blaster, if it looks fake and thought I read somewhere orange tip(?) you should be fine. Not sure how close they look.

I have never gone to the Expo's on the first day. What type of merchandise do they usually carry that sells out? When we have gone and browsed merchandise, I have only seen various tops and maybe some water bottles that seem pretty generic for RunDisney, not so much for the specific event. I never really found anything I cared to buy. I am curious what I am missing out on by not going the first day? Standing in line for 2+ hrs is not high on my list of things to do, but if they have really cool stuff then maybe I will check it out for Star Wars stuff.

1st to sell out are usually pins, car magnets/decals, sweatybands and I Did It shirts. After that other race themed shirts/jackets/sweatshirts and merch like glasses, hats etc. the generic stuff is usually the last to sell out if it does sell out. B/c there's a challenge, there'll be RC stuff and 1/2 stuff, different sayings and images. They haven't been doing very much, if any, for the 10k and never have seen anything for the 5k. They've also started selling shirts w/ race logo and images of all the medals on 1 shirt fir people who did all 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter