Star Wars Half Marathon ** Check In ** January 14-17, 2016

Question for the experts about purchasing items (jackets, purses, etc)... is there an opportunity to buy them AT the expo? I have seen the purses and jackets there (in the underground area, where you pick up your packets and stuff) but I never know if that is for purchases, or just for pre-order pick up. I prefer to see things before I buy them.

Question for the experts about purchasing items (jackets, purses, etc)... is there an opportunity to buy them AT the expo? I have seen the purses and jackets there (in the underground area, where you pick up your packets and stuff) but I never know if that is for purchases, or just for pre-order pick up. I prefer to see things before I buy them.

The only item that won't be at the expo is the Jacket most likely. The other items are usually in the runDisney shop.

DH and I are in for the 10k! First time registering so I was so nervous!

DH was going to run the Half but was concerned I would be having fun without him at the Parks that Saturday night if he had to wake up early the next day, lol.

Checking in, we're making it a family event...my Dad and I are in for the Challenge, my Mom and Sister for the 10k and my boyfriend for the half!

It's going to be my Mom and Dad's first races...can't wait to share it with them!

I guess either 1) they added a lot more spots to the race or 2) it isn't as big of a deal as the inaugural or 3) there aren't as many people wanting to repeat this race - I'm kinda shocked to see that the Half is only 90% filled

My husband, DD and I are all running the 5k together, and I'll be doing the half. It will be my DD's first 5k--she's 6, and will turn 7 two weeks after the race.

She's super excited to dress up like Princess Leia. My husband is less enthused about the whole costume idea. ;-P

We are also making it a family event:

5K - myself, DD, DH
10K - myself, DH, stepdad
kids race - DD
half - my mom

I wished that that they would release the 2016 room rates because I am a DVC member and would like to see if I could get a discount on a cash reservation at GCH. If not then I will call the travel company on RunDisney's website and book through them. Between the 3 hotels which one does everyone recommend would be better for the races?

We are also making it a family event:

5K - myself, DD, DH
10K - myself, DH, stepdad
kids race - DD
half - my mom

I wished that that they would release the 2016 room rates because I am a DVC member and would like to see if I could get a discount on a cash reservation at GCH. If not then I will call the travel company on RunDisney's website and book through them. Between the 3 hotels which one does everyone recommend would be better for the races?

I'm hoping they release them soon too. I'm interested to see what the AP rates are or if the travel agents rates are better. As to which hotel I think it is completely a personal preference. DLH has the expo at it and the races finish in the parking lot nearest to it. The kids races are there as well. Depending what corral your in for the 10k and half then the corrals are in front of PPH (later corrals) and GCH(earlier corrals). All 3 hotels are super close to all the events/expo though. I'd go with the hotel that has the amenities you want.

I'm hoping they release them soon too. I'm interested to see what the AP rates are or if the travel agents rates are better. As to which hotel I think it is completely a personal preference. DLH has the expo at it and the races finish in the parking lot nearest to it. The kids races are there as well. Depending what corral your in for the 10k and half then the corrals are in front of PPH (later corrals) and GCH(earlier corrals). All 3 hotels are super close to all the events/expo though. I'd go with the hotel that has the amenities you want.

I talked to DLR Hotel twice now, just for confirmation, but reservation dates will be available July 29th at 7am PST.

I don't like this line from the rundisney Travel page. (especially b/c there's a missing word)

The purchase price of your 2016 Disneyland Theme park is not valid for purchase of or upgrade to a Season pass.

I believe rundisney WDW tickets have changed recently and you can upgrade them. The tickets you get from, at the very least, Acclaim Travel if buying a bib through them, can be upgraded. But going through the rundisney packages you cannot upgrade the tickets?

I don't like this line from the rundisney Travel page. (especially b/c there's a missing word)

I believe rundisney WDW tickets have changed recently and you can upgrade them. The tickets you get from, at the very least, Acclaim Travel if buying a bib through them, can be upgraded. But going through the rundisney packages you cannot upgrade the tickets?

The 4 day hopper ticket I bought through Get Travel for Star Wars last year was not upgradable to an annual pass. I tried. It was a discounted ticket. This year Get Travel has stated that for SW they wont have discounted tickets, just regular priced tickets.

I called Get Travel today and they gave me pricing for the 3 Disneyland hotels and told me that there was not a discount for tickets and that it was probably better for me to purchase them separately either at the gate or through another vendor. When they quoted me the rooms rates they said that it was at a discounted rate but I wonder if it is really at a discounted rate because it still seems kind of high to me unless the rate for that weekend is really expensive. They told me that it is only a $75 deposit if you reserve a room through them then the balance is due 45 days before arrival. You can call and make payments at any time. Thanks for letting us know about when the rates will be available online!

I registered for the 10K! We reserved through Get Travel for a rate that seems a bit above the normal rate. I'd rather have something in the books. I tried renting points but it seems like everything is full (not surprisingly). I'm pretty nervous! I'm not a big runner but my friends are.

I called Get Travel today and they gave me pricing for the 3 Disneyland hotels and told me that there was not a discount for tickets and that it was probably better for me to purchase them separately either at the gate or through another vendor. When they quoted me the rooms rates they said that it was at a discounted rate but I wonder if it is really at a discounted rate because it still seems kind of high to me unless the rate for that weekend is really expensive. They told me that it is only a $75 deposit if you reserve a room through them then the balance is due 45 days before arrival. You can call and make payments at any time. Thanks for letting us know about when the rates will be available online!

I registered for the 10K! We reserved through Get Travel for a rate that seems a bit above the normal rate. I'd rather have something in the books. I tried renting points but it seems like everything is full (not surprisingly). I'm pretty nervous! I'm not a big runner but my friends are.

I can say that the rate Get Travel is showing for PPH for this years race is the same as it was last year. And last year that was the best rate I could find for Fri-Monday even with my AP. I found Thursday night was less through disney directly so I booked that night separate and combined the reservations. Keep in mind that not only is it race weekend but its also a 3 day weekend so that impacts the rates as well.

I ended up booking the Carousel Inn as i got 4 nights tax included for $408 dollars thru expedia. I know its not a resort hotel but the difference was just to big this year.

We're staying at Anabella for SW. Closer to the start (and finish) than Ramada Plaza was last Labor Day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter