STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

They do have people removing (or losing) the captains table for 1 reason or another, but most because they are calling to change dinner times from one time slot till another

Captain's table is treated like a Disney Dining reservation rather than a resort reservation. You can cancel anytime up to one day ahead, but you do have to pay at time of booking. So it is possible that spaces will open up at random times.

Mmm I wonder how many ‘lose’ their pin…
EBay 👀

I'm sure quite a few are ending up on eBay but I recall reading reviews of the initial voyages that there were several complaints that the pin clamp wasn't very good so some of them did pop off.

Is there a “paid this price” post somewhere? I need buy-in from a few people and need to have separate conversations with each. I don’t want to have to call for cabin availability and prices and then call back - given the difficulty in getting through and having to hope that the dates/prices haven’t changed too much. If I can get a better sense before the first call, I have a better shot of getting the buy-in and then making one call.

Is there a “paid this price” post somewhere? I need buy-in from a few people and need to have separate conversations with each. I don’t want to have to call for cabin availability and prices and then call back - given the difficulty in getting through and having to hope that the dates/prices haven’t changed too much. If I can get a better sense before the first call, I have a better shot of getting the buy-in and then making one call.
I don’t believe it’s condensed to a single post, but I know many of us who booked early posted pricing for our dates - you should be able to see some prices in early posts.

I don’t believe it’s condensed to a single post, but I know many of us who booked early posted pricing for our dates - you should be able to see some prices in early posts.
Got it. I thought it worked like “cruise” pricing and that the prices might vary over time. I will scroll through some more. Thanks

Prior to October-December opening up on Friday all of March-May was booked up. The phone lines are also slammed. I’m guessing a lot of people are deciding to move their trips to later windows.

Yeah, it was completely full before, they must have opened up more rooms somehow. I'm curious what happened. In any case, it is almost completely booked up again through May, only 1 date left in April and 1 day in May.

I can shed some light on the open rooms as someone who spent the past week trying to book a room in March or April.

When we decided I was going to be able to go, I called 3 times when rooms in March became available. The 1st 2 times I got thru the date we tried to book was grabbed right before me, as in while giving the information about my party. Both times the cast member on the phone and I waited 5 mins or so to see if in fact the room was booked or not. During our talks I learned a lot about the booking process, what is happening, and what we are all seeing. There are not many people canceling their trip...when you see availability for say March the 29th....there is usually just 1 room available and it goes quickly. It is really difficult to watch and hear people constantly post about how people are cancelling left and right and oh look at the availability people do not like what they see so far...blah blah blah. Here is the problem that Disney is creating for the public...not for themselves...the public. The website is a live accurate representation of availability, not a representation of the number of rooms available. Where this causes problems is people with blogs and websites...start churning the click bait and post that "oh everyone is canceling because of x,y.z" doom for the Starcruiser!! I cancelled my May the 4th resi because of my heart...but if I had posted just "I cancelled my May the Fourth reservation" people would instantly just assume I cancelled because I thought it was going to be a bad experience.

Again this is mostly from conversations with cast members while trying to book a room and grab a date, which I was finally able to do yesterday.

As a Star Wars fan....I want to see it succeed and do extremely well. The better it does...the better it will get.

What's the difference?

I believe OP was trying to say that when the general public looks at the website, if it shows that a date is available: that could be 1 room, 10 rooms or 50 rooms. There is no way for the general public to know.

So if it looks like 30 dates (a number I am making up) are available, someone might mistakenly say: this is a disaster! So many available rooms! When in fact it might be just 1 room available on each of those dates. And when someone is on the phone with a cast member hoping to book that 1 room on a particular date, somebody else might be on the phone with a different cast member and might grab it first.

What's the difference?

the difference is a date can have 10 rooms available or just 1 room... the designation is the same for both...meaning you and I do not know the actual availability on that date, only that there is availability. The websites and bloggers just see it as "holy cow" a ton of people are cancelling their trips!!

For anyone interested -Tom Bricker just posted a review as a paying guest. Very encouraging, especially as I find him to be objective (even leaning towards critical) of all things Disney. The most heartening thing in the article for me (as someone who will be traveling at a later date) was his statement that contrary to his original opinion that the experience would get watered down in 6 months to a year, that he now thinks it will only get better.

I've followed Tom's blog for years and I find most of his reviews to be pretty fair. His assessment has honestly convinced me to give this a shot, despite my initial misgivings when the media embargo was lifted. My kids, unprompted, just started watching the Mandalorian again, and I know that the look on their faces when they find out we're going will ease some of the sting from the outrageous price tag. So now I've got to figure out how to surprise them. I found some really cool looking "boarding passes" on Etsy so I think I'll order those.

Yeah, it was completely full before, they must have opened up more rooms somehow. I'm curious what happened. In any case, it is almost completely booked up again through May, only 1 date left in April and 1 day in May.

Too many dates just opened up. My bet is that they opened up inventory that they were holding back. Last week, there were a lot of dates in May and June that are almost all gone. I expect the summer dates to be gone soon too. Too many people are reading this as cancellations. I doubt that is the case.

I've followed Tom's blog for years and I find most of his reviews to be pretty fair. His assessment has honestly convinced me to give this a shot, despite my initial misgivings when the media embargo was lifted.

Precisely. He is not one to sugar coat things or get swept up. And he is a self proclaimed frugal person. I’m curious for his “is it worth it/would I do it again” post.

I know that the look on their faces when they find out we're going will ease some of the sting from the outrageous price tag.

Just booked the Dec 6 voyage as a surprise - our boys have already started “saving up” and asked if they skipped summer camp could it go into the “Starcruiser fund”… even asked if we could make pizza at home last Friday instead of ordering in. If I can turn this into a savings lesson I will!

the difference is a date can have 10 rooms available or just 1 room... the designation is the same for both...meaning you and I do not know the actual availability on that date, only that there is availability.

Why would anyone who only plans to book 1 room care? And you can only book the Star Wars hotel by calling Disney. Other places you can book totally online.

Why would anyone who only plans to book 1 room care?
You wouldn't care. But that is not the point he was making...

He was simply commenting on how some folks in the blogosphere were making an issue out of the fact that dates that were previously 100% sold out began to show availability. As a simplistic example, assume there were only 10 booking dates on the calendar, each representing 100 rooms per date. On one day, all of the rooms are showing as 100% booked (i.e., they are all blacked out on the calendar). Then the next day, 5 of those dates are no longer blacked out. Some of the bloggers were reporting on this with sensational headlines such as "Starcruiser in trouble: 50% cancellations!"

Here's the problem with that headline... There is absolutely no basis to conclude that cancellations are 50%. For the sake of argument, let's assume that one person cancelled on each one of those five dates. By definition those dates would now show "availability," but the cancellations would be only 0.5%, not 50%.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter