STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

Leaked video of the room
If anyone has any specific room questions I’ll try my best to answer them since I doubt anything has changed from my test cruise a month ago

Do the rooms and other areas like the dining room and lounge feel like a luxurious cruise ship? Having gone on a test cruise, do you think that the level of the accommodations, dining, and entertainment are worth the high price tag of this experience?

It very much felt like being on a cruise ship to the point where my friends and I felt it was weird that we didn’t feel the “ship” rocking. It’s kinda hard to tell if it’s worth the price because I got to do it for free, however, it’s not something I would pay $5,000 to do again. And I would love to be able to go again with my sister who’s a bigger Star Wars fan than I am just to see her reactions to everything. I had an amazing time and honest to god felt like I was in the middle of a Star Wars movie, but there’s no way that I, working at Disney as a CM, would ever be able to pay that kind of money to do it.

They somehow managed to make a Star Wars themed hotel room generic looking. Im sure the shipboard activities are fun but that room doesn’t exactly scream “kick back and chill” after a long day.

One thing I’m curious about is…say it’s 2am and you can’t sleep…can you just stroll around the ship?

Also what time does the bar open and close? I can’t believe alcohol isn’t complimentary for $5-6k for 2 nights.

Last edited:
Leaked video of the room
If anyone has any specific room questions I’ll try my best to answer them since I doubt anything has changed from my test cruise a month ago
How big/small are those bunks? The room looks super small, and I question how/if my 6ft tall teenage son would fare in a bunk! Also, is there a fridge?

They somehow managed to make a Star Wars themed hotel room generic looking. Im sure the shipboard activities are fun but that room doesn’t exactly scream “kick back and chill” after a long day.

One thing I’m curious about is…say it’s 2am and you can’t sleep…can you just stroll around the ship?

Also what time does the bar open and close? I can’t believe alcohol isn’t complimentary for $5-6k for 2 nights.
I assume it’s like a regular hotel where you can still wander around. I wouldn’t know since we were back in the room by 11ish both nights

I don't know why they bothered making those blogs take the videos down. Hint hint, Disney, we Star Wars geeks tend to also be good at figuring out how to find cached webpages. Unfortunately the videos have confirmed my initial impressions that this looks like it was executed on a budget. So much could have been done even with simple lighting effects, especially the staterooms which just look flat. Gaya should be backed by a fully costumed alien band, with concert lighting on a small stage instead of just wandering around a poorly-lit restaurant. When I watch these videos, all I see is cost-cutting on materials and talent. Like, the glowing effect on the round tables in Mos Eisley would be so cheap to replicate, and they didn't even do that.

in one of the new press photos it shows her performing on a stage with a fully costumed band (a Rodian and a Togruta.) It sounds like she just makes her entrance through the audience.

I spoke with a GS CM yesterday trying to clarify the transportation options. Like others have said, I was originally told that if you’re staying on property prior to departure, that resort would arrange transportation to get you to GS. Now they’re saying that you can only get Disney transportation from DS. That is the only inbound service Disney will provide. I asked if you can walk in from HS & she said no. I wasn’t thrilled about that, but what really got me was disembarkation. She said that there won’t be any transportation to parks when leaving GS & that the DS shuttle won’t begin running until 11:00am. She said the thing about DS like it was a warning that I shouldn’t count on using that bus. I pointed out that we have to leave the ship by 10:00 from what the schedule says. She suggested I book a car from Mears or Lyft. I can only imagine the chaos out front if 100 rooms worth of guests are all trying to depart in a fairly short time window & we all have to book a car service to come in & get us. I pointed that out & she agreed it would probably be chaotic, but that was my only choice.

I really hope she was wrong. I can’t imagine how they can provide free transportation all over WDW, but not at a resort this expensive? They can’t possible justify trapping you out front of GS, telling you you have to leave the property, but then not letting you leave unless you pay someone to come get you, right? As I said, I’m hoping she just didn’t have her facts straight.

I spoke with a GS CM yesterday trying to clarify the transportation options. Like others have said, I was originally told that if you’re staying on property prior to departure, that resort would arrange transportation to get you to GS. Now they’re saying that you can only get Disney transportation from DS. That is the only inbound service Disney will provide. I asked if you can walk in from HS & she said no. I wasn’t thrilled about that, but what really got me was disembarkation. She said that there won’t be any transportation to parks when leaving GS & that the DS shuttle won’t begin running until 11:00am. She said the thing about DS like it was a warning that I shouldn’t count on using that bus. I pointed out that we have to leave the ship by 10:00 from what the schedule says. She suggested I book a car from Mears or Lyft. I can only imagine the chaos out front if 100 rooms worth of guests are all trying to depart in a fairly short time window & we all have to book a car service to come in & get us. I pointed that out & she agreed it would probably be chaotic, but that was my only choice.

I really hope she was wrong. I can’t imagine how they can provide free transportation all over WDW, but not at a resort this expensive? They can’t possible justify trapping you out front of GS, telling you you have to leave the property, but then not letting you leave unless you pay someone to come get you, right? As I said, I’m hoping she just didn’t have her facts straight.
Yeah that transportation for arrival/departure sounds like a cluster. Hopefully we get some good real world info that's better than what the CM gave.

I'm frankly only interested in hearing trip reports from paying guests who don't have ulterior motives.
Right, and as I said we should have that opportunity in a matter of days, since the first voyage departs on Tuesday next week!

I couldn't find the cancellation policy on the starcruiser website. If I cancel prior to 90 days, do I lose any money? Considering a late summer reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter