STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

I think I know the answer to this, but has anyone seen merch (or announcements of merch) that would be available outside of the resort?

I ask because we wanted to use Xmas as the “big reveal” to the kids that we are going. I know I can get custom t-shirts made or create my own “boarding passes” and stuff like that, but I was hoping for something official-like to place under the tree.

Pretty sure the answer is “no,” or at least “not yet,” but I wanted to double-check.

Plz and thx.

I think I know the answer to this, but has anyone seen merch (or announcements of merch) that would be available outside of the resort?

I ask because we wanted to use Xmas as the “big reveal” to the kids that we are going. I know I can get custom t-shirts made or create my own “boarding passes” and stuff like that, but I was hoping for something official-like to place under the tree.

Pretty sure the answer is “no,” or at least “not yet,” but I wanted to double-check.

Plz and thx.
You could get them new costumes (or elements) for the trip, with the accessories and a “ticket” you make for the Halcyon with a picture of the ship on it. So they can get into the action right away by getting their imaginations going. I like to make surprise trip reveals for my did my kids too. :)

Ok, so how do I enter the sweepstakes? I've went round and round on the website, but there does not seem to be a link to enter!

That lightsaber training video looked pretty…. Basic didn’t it?

Not what I expected.

EDIT: even the second thing he was doing was very.. video gamey, and cheap looking

I think Chapek got to this also

Last edited:
100% agree. Not what I expected for a new, cutting-edge experience aboard a $7000+ cruise. Maybe it was “dumbed down” so D’Amaro didn’t look like he was flailing (even though he kind of did at times).

Yeah I was beyond stoked for this entire experience and am booked for late April….but after that video I’m actually wondering if I should just cancel for now until we get some real reviews.

Both the bridge and lightsaber training have been pushed as some of the most impressive events you’ll experience during each stay. In my opinion that video made them both seem fairly underwhelming. Hopefully they are still works in progress and we are still truly blown away once it’s all completed.

Yeah I was beyond stoked for this entire experience and am booked for late April….but after that video I’m actually wondering if I should just cancel for now until we get some real reviews.

Both the bridge and lightsaber training have been pushed as some of the most impressive events you’ll experience during each stay. In my opinion that video made them both seem fairly underwhelming. Hopefully they are still works in progress and we are still truly blown away once it’s all completed.
I called when AP sales went live and got through very quickly. I did the pre-check and was placed on hold again. As I sat there waiting, I kept thinking about the price and how claustrophobic it looked to me and how cringy it may be if 1) you get someone way too into it like Comic Book Guy who gets mad if you call an Imperial Walker an AT-AT instead of an A-T - A-T or 2) you get an apathetic teen dragged by family who clearly doesn’t want to be there, and I got cold feet and hung up. I decided I was going to wait for reviews from real people, not Disney bloggers, even if that meant we have to wait longer than expected for our cruise. Of course, I told my children that I couldn’t get booked for dates that worked for us. I was having FOMO, and now I’m not. That bridge looked (no lie) like the computer lab at our local community college where we used to take field trips in grade school to check out the cutting edge technology in the early 80s - retro OT maybe?

I called when AP sales went live and got through very quickly. I did the pre-check and was placed on hold again. As I sat there waiting, I kept thinking about the price and how claustrophobic it looked to me and how cringy it may be if 1) you get someone way too into it like Comic Book Guy who gets mad if you call an Imperial Walker an AT-AT instead of an A-T - A-T or 2) you get an apathetic teen dragged by family who clearly doesn’t want to be there, and I got cold feet and hung up. I decided I was going to wait for reviews from real people, not Disney bloggers, even if that meant we have to wait longer than expected for our cruise. Of course, I told my children that I couldn’t get booked for dates that worked for us. I was having FOMO, and now I’m not. That bridge looked (no lie) like the computer lab at our local community college where we used to take field trips in grade school to check out the cutting edge technology in the early 80s - retro OT maybe?

actually the bridge part of the video they showed reminded me a lot of millennial falcon smugglers run which i find boring. Every time I’ve ridden it I think of mission space and how much more interactive it can feel albeit a little nauseating I like it better. Even the CM in the video is just pressing Light up buttons I wasn’t feeling it we’ll see maybe they’re dumbing down the sneak peak on purpose so When you show up you’re blown away. Well see I suppose

Real easy to judge…..did anyone and I mean anyone watch that and go “oh my God I cannot wait!!”

I watched that and said “when is your last day to cancel !!! “

horrible. Why would they release that?

Sums up the video
back-to-the-future-babys-toy.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter