STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

Is it possible to change the names of the guests, not the main guest, after booking? Not sure who will be coming yet. The number of guests is going to be 4, no matter what, though.

Is it possible to change the names of the guests, not the main guest, after booking? Not sure who will be coming yet. The number of guests is going to be 4, no matter what, though.
Yes, you can call in to make the changes. I realize you're making changes and not cancelling, but just be mindful of the deadlines (90 days out) for altering the reservation in case you do have to alter the number in your party.

After calling over 700 times today, we finally got through to the screener and are now on the second hold.

Yep. I chatted with a CM this morning via Chat and they had to give me to someone else to handle the issue. They said they will call me back. They did call me back an hour later and then had to pass me on to someone else. Well, that put me in a 3 hour queue.. Frustrating for sure. I can't have a phone stuck to my ear for three hours. Can't even do that for 20 minutes. I work.

I guess I can stop calling. I was up to call 972 when my wife came in and said that she was able to get us booked through her travel agent. Do agents have a special red phone they call or what??? Anyway, we are booked for the 3rd week in May. We were originally hoping for the 2nd week in April as our son turns 9 on the 10th. But this was the soonest we could book anything. This was a huge eye opener. I am 51 and have done Disney several times now as we have 3 other kids. I am glad this is our last one as I do not think I want to go through this ever again. Soon they will just be taking names and numbers for a yearly random drawing and the people selected get to make reservations and everyone else will have to wait until next year.

Oh...one bit of advice for anyone else calling...if you make it to the screener who asks you a bunch of stuff to make sure you know what you are getting into and they tell you that they can have someone call you back or you can hold...even if they tell you that there is no hold time, tell them you want them to call you back. We were told there was no hold time and so my wife said that she would hold...and then the computer told her that it would be 40 minutes, and she got disconnected before making it to the next person.

I can't believe that in 2021, with today's technology, their system can suck sooooo bad. And I seriously hope it is the system itself and not the people working the system.

Last edited:

I'm hoping someone at Disney World is taking notes. This is not the way to introduce a product like this. Making people call hundreds of times in the hope that they can catch the one moment when the line is available can only create frustration.

That said, my hundreds of dials currently has me in a queue. Based on have a first estimate of 10 minutes followed by giving information to a screener then being transferred to a queue with a 71 minute estimated wait, I think I'm about a half hour from putting this experience behind me. Oh, the anticipated joy. Oh, the incredible fear of accidentally hanging up.

I guess I can stop calling. I was up to call 972 when my wife came in and said that she was able to get us booked through her travel agent. Do agents have a special red phone they call or what??? Anyway, we are booked for the 3rd week in May. We were originally hoping for the 2nd week in April as our son turns 9 on the 10th. But this was the soonest we could book anything. This was a huge eye opener. I am 51 and have done Disney several times now as we have 3 other kids. I am glad this is our last one as I do not think I want to go through this ever again. Soon they will just be taking names and numbers for a yearly random drawing and the people selected get to make reservations and everyone else will have to wait until next year.

Oh...one bit of advice for anyone else calling...if you make it to the screener who asks you a bunch of stuff to make sure you know what you are getting into and they tell you that they can have someone call you back or you can hold...even if they tell you that there is no hold time, tell them you want them to call you back. We were told there was no hold time and so my wife said that she would hold...and then the computer told her that it would be 40 minutes, and she got disconnected before making it to the next person.

I can't believe that in 2021, with today's technology, their system can suck sooooo bad. And I seriously hope it is the system itself and not the people working the system.
Kind of. We do have a TA only line that we call to make reservations, changes, etc.

I'm hoping someone at Disney World is taking notes. This is not the way to introduce a product like this. Making people call hundreds of times in the hope that they can catch the one moment when the line is available can only create frustration.

That said, my hundreds of dials currently has me in a queue. Based on have a first estimate of 10 minutes followed by giving information to a screener then being transferred to a queue with a 71 minute estimated wait, I think I'm about a half hour from putting this experience behind me. Oh, the anticipated joy. Oh, the incredible fear of accidentally hanging up.

I just hit two hours and someone picked up - then nothing. LOL! Love to have those two hours back. I spent more hours planning and calling Disney for my next trip than I will actually be there on vacation. :) Going to use a TA or Dis Rep next time or stay off-site like I did last time. Off-site was nice and easy.

So something I’ve been thinking about lately.

This may be more difficult for those with later in 2022 reservations. But for those with voyages March-April’ish….are you going to follow reviews/experiences? Radio silence on social media and blogs until you go?

It’s one thing if you’ve booked a dessert party for a few hundred bucks and the early reviews are bad. But this is a whole other level, it seems.

Sorry, I posted the wrong date. Can you change us to 4/12. Guess I haven’t been getting enough sleep lately…spending too much time on hold. Lol

So something I’ve been thinking about lately.

This may be more difficult for those with later in 2022 reservations. But for those with voyages March-April’ish….are you going to follow reviews/experiences? Radio silence on social media and blogs until you go?

It’s one thing if you’ve booked a dessert party for a few hundred bucks and the early reviews are bad. But this is a whole other level, it seems.
I’m going to follow review/experiences. I don’t mind spoilers. I think it helps build up the excitement and helps for planning.

Does anyone know what the costume policy for kids will be?

I just finished my kids' (6 yrs old) Halloween costume/cosplay (custom 3d printed armor and helmet by a local 501st member that is a friend of mine...)

20211026_163122~3.jpg20211026_163323~2.jpg

Would he be allowed to wear this on the Halycon? I know this wouldn't be permitted on Battuu but are the guidelines/rules different for the Starcruiser?

Last edited:
We have Disney Visa and are booked for Sept in the Galaxy Suite. It is quite pricey, but we have a decent amount of Disney dollars to apply towards it. I have been saving DD for a few years for the purpose of using them for this trip. Can't wait to hear experiences from those of you going before us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter