STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

Post #2 Roll Call has been updated with all the latest. If I missed you or if you see errors, just let me know. Txs!

BTW, if anyone has a catchy Star Wars related name/reference that we can call the Roll Call list, I'm open to ideas!

How about "Journey of the Whills" as a play on the Journal of the Whills, and the fact that we'll all be taking a "journey" on the Star Cruiser?

I will state again if someone missed it.

if you would like me to book your voyage for you using your Disney Visa card….just reply to this message with your Visa number, expiration date, security code, picture of your drivers license and blood type

oh And you can tell me your preferred date if you want.
Oh and credit limit would be cool too

joking. Please do not post on here.

You should just DM the deets

😂

Please add us for May 6th.

My fiancee and I are booked to depart on May 6th also. :chewy:

We initially wanted to combine a booking with our already planned trip for March 19 - 26, 2022, but they didn't have the room type (Galaxy Suite) we wanted and they didn't have any seating at the Captain's Table available for any of the dates that would have worked for us, so we moved the whole vacation out six weeks.

Last edited:
Total phone call length was one hour, 8 minutes but I'm booked for April 6th.

I was in no way considering this until I got the email about early booking with my Disney Visa. D@mn, Disney is good at getting people (me) to give them money!

For those asking about the $350 charge, I was told that the charge would be for anything that lowered your total (so removing a person, but maybe other stuff, too)?

The one thing that honestly surprised me was how inexpensive seats at the Captain's Table are. I mean if you're going to spend $4k-$8k on a room, what's another $30 per person for an upgrade to the Captain's table?

Also, having booked this trip and being able to get seats at the Captain's table, I feel a lot less urgency to get a reservation at Space 220 now.

I agree…seems low also at $30.00 and there are only 12 seats to the table. So either they are selling it too cheap or we are all reading more into that experience than there really is. When is the last time Disney undervalued anything?? They alway do it higher and then lower costs if it does not sell well.
Time will tell

Total phone call length was one hour, 8 minutes but I'm booked for April 6th.

I was in no way considering this until I got the email about early booking with my Disney Visa. D@mn, Disney is good at getting people (me) to give them money!

For those asking about the $350 charge, I was told that the charge would be for anything that lowered your total (so removing a person, but maybe other stuff, too)?
WOW - the Queue is finally waning!
I'm glad you had a good experience, and yet I don't regret my panic-filled 4 hours on silent hold! :earboy2:

Count us in! We're booked in a standard for Saturday, May 28. I had her check a series of 5 or 6 dates in April and May, and none of them had any suites available (we were hoping for Galaxy Class). Captain's Table seats were all gone, too.

My phone call was 42 minutes long, but very little of it was spent on hold -- I waited longer for the screener than I did for the booker. In case anybody was wondering about this, I am a Disney DEBIT (not credit) card holder through Chase Bank, and I was still able to book.

(Now to go get myself fitted for a full-length Star Trek uniform ... 😜)

FYI - I started a Roll Call page on Post #2. I skimmed the posts over the last few days and think I captured everyone that posted a date, but could have easily missed folks so please chime in with any errors or omissions.

:thanks:
Happy to report I was finally able to book for March 27-29th! Had to spend 2 hours of my precious Poly pool time on hold Saturday, but well worth it!!

The one thing that honestly surprised me was how inexpensive seats at the Captain's Table are. I mean if you're going to spend $4k-$8k on a room, what's another $30 per person for an upgrade to the Captain's table?

Also, having booked this trip and being able to get seats at the Captain's table, I feel a lot less urgency to get a reservation at Space 220 now.
My husband said the same thing!

Happy to report I was finally able to book for March 27-29th! Had to spend 2 hours of my precious Poly pool time on hold Saturday, but well worth it!!

Lol! Hopefully a Pain Killer, Mai Tai or Rose Gold Margarita was consumed before, during, or after booking. :goodvibes

Thanks all for the help this morning! Just wanted to follow up for anyone else following booking issues. I posted here after being put on hold by first person saying I needed an email to book. After being put on hold several times, the person finally verified my card information and told me they weren’t supposed to transfer people anymore but got supervisor approval to do so. From time calling to first person was about an hour and 45 minutes. On the next hold I did have music and that lasted about another hour. So music vs. silence didn’t mean anything for me. I had to book 3 rooms in total so from start to finish I was on almost 4 hours with one hour plus being working directly with the cm to book everything. I originally was going to pass on captains table but ended up getting talked into it. The first night didn’t have enough space for all of us but second night did so we booked it. I don’t know how many accessible rooms they have but they have at least one with a roll in shower and at least one with a tub. Thanks again to all for sharing your booking experiences to help the rest of us!!

Why is there so much time between the end of the Disney Visa presale and general booking?

Good question. Study the booking results and recalculate pricing? CM training? Implement booking online? Give time for every blogger to post a story about how March is almost fully sold out to drive more hype? I’m sure there’s a good reason, but it is odd, IMHO.

My travel agent with Dreams was able to book a reservation today but told me that starcruiser guests have no priority over regular Disney resort guests for Oga’s or Savi’s reservations and I have to wait until 60 days out. Is that correct?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter