Star Wars Episode VIII Title

Quick poll.

Who has area theaters still showing R1?
Our Regal doesn't have any screens, but Carmike is still doing 2 per day.

For some reason I don't remember TFA still showing around here at this time last year.

Quick poll.

For some reason I don't remember TFA still showing around here at this time last year.

TFA was doing well over a million a day on weekends yet last year, about 1,600 screens. $4 million this weekend.

R1 $300K 400 screens. $800K this weekend.

Quick poll.

Its been gone from my theater for over a month. It was dropped from IMAX after only 3 weeks of being out which was MUCH quicker than TFA.

They still have a couple of shows a day around here...it had a pretty good run.

Twice the movie of the reboot awakens, half the money...

Nobody ever said the public was intelligent.

Last edited:

Quick poll.

My local theater pulled R1 about three weeks ago. Now anxiously awaiting its release on Blu-Ray.

I initially read that R1 would be out on Friday, April 28. I've read a few recent "rumors" that the release date may be pushed up as early as Tuesday, March 28.

No doubt they will do the same thing as TFA...

Electronic (movie only) download available several weeks before the actual disc release.

The first run of BR & DVD will have bare bones extras.

Then several months later they will release the 3D with a handful of additional extras.

Then a year later they will release a bonus disc set with some actual decent extras.

No doubt they will do the same thing as TFA...

Electronic (movie only) download available several weeks before the actual disc release.

The first run of BR & DVD will have bare bones extras.

Then several months later they will release the 3D with a handful of additional extras.

Then a year later they will release a bonus disc set with some actual decent extras.

That will be the pattern here too...

I had zero desire to buy two copies last year...I'm like 5% interested this time.

That wound from George Lucas in the 90's hasn't fully closed yet.

Rogue One home release was officially announced 1hr ago on "The Star Wars Show"

Digital HD March 24th

BLU-RAY April 4th

Quick poll.

It's actually at one in my area. I was kind of shocked when I went to buy Lego Batman tickets.

Just as an FYI...3D is being released on 4/4 as well.

No "special release"

It funny how Disney has treated this kinda like the ugly duckling movie...almost downplaying it.

My prediction is it will grow in popularity over time...I'm guessing it is a better Star Wars movie than any of the "trilogy"...just a hunch.

This isn't related to the poll, but to the original topic of the thread. My DD was watching a "rerun" of that Return of the Jedi movie (you may have seen it before) over the weekend. Anyway, I had forgotten about what was said in this scene and when I heard it again, I replayed it and found it interesting and potentially relevant to the Episode VIII title:

In the Dagobah scene when Luke goes to see Yoda to "complete his training"; this is the scene probably most remembered for Yoda confirming to Luke that Vader is his father, but another thing that Yoda also says just before he croaks is: "When gone am I, the last of the Jedi will you be".

This isn't related to the poll, but to the original topic of the thread. My DD was watching a "rerun" of that Return of the Jedi movie (you may have seen it before) over the weekend. Anyway, I had forgotten about what was said in this scene and when I heard it again, I replayed it and found it interesting and potentially relevant to the Episode VIII title:

In the Dagobah scene when Luke goes to see Yoda to "complete his training"; this is the scene probably most remembered for Yoda confirming to Luke that Vader is his father, but another thing that Yoda also says just before he croaks is: "When gone am I, the last of the Jedi will you be".

I think the conventional logic there was that he was the last "trained" Jedi...not that there weren't those that could become them.

What's "return of the Jedi"?...by the way?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter