• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Wars Day on the Fantasy!

Thank you for posting this! 100% cements that I will stick with the Wonder and NOT change to the Fantasy for Presidents' Week 2016!!

Ugh, I'm so mad about this. I hope it's not on the 3-12-16 sailing. It's definitely gonna mess up our chance for discount. :/ and I hate Star Wars. Bring on the mixology classes that day.

Ugh, I'm so mad about this. I hope it's not on the 3-12-16 sailing. It's definitely gonna mess up our chance for discount. :/ and I hate Star Wars. Bring on the mixology classes that day.

We're on the 3/12 sailing as well. It looks like Star Wars is only on the Western sailings, which I'm sad about. But spring break might make discounts tough.

Just received the following email this morning:

top.jpg

mod1_hero.jpg
Important Information About Your Cruise
bottom.jpg

February 11, 2015

Thank you for choosing a Disney Cruise Line vacation. We look forward to your arrival onboard and want to take this opportunity to share with you some important information about your sailing.

For the first time ever, Disney Fantasy Guests are invited to experience the legendary adventures and iconic characters from the Star Wars saga during a brand-new, day-long celebration on the following Western Caribbean sailings in 2016:

January 9, 2016 March 5, 2016
January 23, 2016 March 19, 2016
February 6, 2016 April 2, 2016
February 20, 2016 April 16, 2016

This fun-filled Star Wars Day at Sea will include themed events and activities for every member of the family, including special film screenings, games, character meet and greets along with a version of the popular Jedi Training Academy. Guests are also encouraged to dress up in their own stellar costumes to join in this day-long celebration that culminates with an intergalactic Star Wars deck party featuring spectacular sound and laser effects.

More information on themed events, times, and locations will be available onboard in thePersonal Navigator that will be delivered to your stateroom.

Please remember that while all Guests are invited to wear costumes for both Pirate Night and this special Star Wars Day at Sea, we ask that you choose costumes that are not obstructive or offensive. To avoid any disappointment or delay in the boarding process, we ask that when considering costume options you refrain from bringing toys or props that resemble guns, knives or other related implements, as these items will not be allowed onboard.

Again, we look forward to sailing with you and hope you have a magical cruise.

Sincerely,

The Cast and Crew
Disney Cruise Line

My husband was a little on the fence about our upcoming cruise in March 2016, but now he is totally on board!

Oh sweet! I didn't know that about the Western sailings! Where did you see that? Yeah, we thought about that too, but I've been tracking VGT, FLR, and CM for this year and between the 3 of them, I think we'll be able to get one. At least I hope. LOL

Edit: just saw the above post. Phew!

I am so glad to know I'm not the only person in the universe who hates Star Wars! I always feel so alone in that!!

I am so glad to know I'm not the only person in the universe who hates Star Wars! I always feel so alone in that!!

Haha I told my fiancé and he was like OH that's be awesome!.. I was like NO this is terrible news. I'm glad you agree too!

ugh. no one tell my DD or she will make me scrap our annual hawaii trip for star wars cruise! lol on the bright side, it will probably be so $$$$ that i wouldn't have a chance anyway (even though March 5 falls right on our SB)

eta yup. 10k for concierge. lol. looks like i'll still get my hawaii trip

My mother and sister booked on the fantasy a few days ago and they are going to be on a Star wars cruise. We decided not to go that week and are still trying to figure out what we are going to do. However now that they have this. Kinda laughing that these two who don't like any of that are on a cruise with a themed day of that.. tee hee..

Darn, I would love this. Maybe they will do something on May 4 when I'm on the PC Repo.

I guess the Western cruises haven't been selling well for 2016 so DCL is trying whatever they can to increase bookings. This is something that my family would have enjoyed.

My mother and sister booked on the fantasy a few days ago and they are going to be on a Star wars cruise. We decided not to go that week and are still trying to figure out what we are going to do. However now that they have this. Kinda laughing that these two who don't like any of that are on a cruise with a themed day of that.. tee hee..

Actually nope, I'm not. I was already scheduled on the Wonder. Turns out that from the now posted schedule it wouldn't be an issue as I'd be on an Eastern on the Fantasy anyway if I did switch.

I like it!!! I'm going to have to check my schedule to see if it's possible for me to sail on the available dates.

You aren't the only one! I heard there is one more person in the universe who hates Star Wars. They may even be lurking on this board :) :) :)

So bummed! We had booked for January 2016 Fantasy sailing onboard our last cruise. Not a Star Wars date and I can't justify the extra $1000 to change the date now =( Hoping they decide to add to our date for my little Star Wars fan.

I am wondering if those dates aren't selling well because of the dropped Jamaica port on the Fantasy? We only have Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Castaway Cay on our sailing. Maybe they are doing this to try and increase bookings.

Excited!! We're going to be on the March 5 sailing...but I haven't received the e-mail yet?? Perhaps it goes to the TA first? :worried:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter