• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Wars Costumes

MrsJones

Earning My Ears
We will be in Disney for 2 of the Star Wars Weekends and both of my kids would like to dress up. My son is 11 and my daughter is 8. She wants to be Leia and he would like to be Luke Skywalker or Annakin or something cool he says :rotfl:. Does anyone know where I can get cheap costumes for them? I don't want to invest alot of money in a one time thing. Andy great suggestions?

Thanks, Tamara

I know you can find patterns to make the costumes at most fabric stores. We were there last year for Star Wars and there were some kids in costumes, but not the majority. Make sure the costumes are light weight and comfortable because it was very, very hot and some of those kids looked just miserable.
I made t-shirts for the kids that were the Star Wars logo with their names on them. That seemed to be a hit because all the CM's and characters would call them by name and talked about how they matched the billboard, posters, etc. You will have a great time no matter what you wear!

I got DS a costume after Halloween, but he also got a costume for his brithday last weekend that was purchased at Target. I was just there and in the toy section among Star Wars toys they had costumes for $9.99. They had a helmet with the costumed folded inside the helmet.

Leia and Luke are easy costumes to make yourself if you have fabric handy or buy it cheaply.

I got DS8 and DD4 Star Wars costumes on kohls dot com. If you type in Star Wars in the search, they still have lots of choices (even for girls!) They run 30% off promo codes every month also! Good Luck! :goodvibes:darth:

I made my son's Anakin costume 2 Halloween's ago. It was easy and cheap. Very little sewing involved. PM me if you would like to see a picture. Leia would be easy as well.

Just remember that during SW weekends it will probably be really hot.

We were there a few years ago, and some parents had some young kids dressed up very cutely, but boy those kids were hot! I am including kids in full black Darth Vader costumes, cape, and big helmet! It was in the 90s.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter