• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Wars character meals!

So I booked a StarWars breakfast on May 16th while I could still get it. But I really have to clear this with the wife. I actually have to clear it with myself. I'm having a REAL hard time justifying $50/person for freaking breakfast! How do you justify it????
No standing in the blazing heat for hours in a line with equally grouchy people fighting the heat to meet many of the same characters that you'll now get to sit in an air-conditioned venue to enjoy. Plus you get to eat at the same time!

I didn't see the tip until I got on the phone with the agent after waiting over an hour. Still, I got a great dinner time on the 24th--6:05--and breakfast on the 25th--8:30. DH was probably not going to let us go until I saw this last night. Now, I'm pretty sure we're going. It's expensive, but it's also new and exciting and I CAN'T WAIT!

I'm having a REAL hard time justifying $50/person for freaking breakfast! How do you justify it????

I justify it by thinking of how much time I'm saving by not waiting in line at meet and greets for the characters, and the fact that I won't be waiting outside in the hot sun!

My son has autism, and he has gotten really good about waiting in lines for the rides. He's not as happy about the wait for characters even though he likes meeting them and taking pics with them. I'll pay for them to come to him!

We justify it how we justify all character meals. We don't have to wait in line to meet them. I get to eat in peace. The kids enjoy their time with characters, and they also are forced to sit for a while. As the characters go around, the kids sit, relax, and eat their food. They get rehydrated. Everyone is so much less grumpy!

We pay for convenience on our trips. To us, it is very much worth it.

So I booked a StarWars breakfast on May 16th while I could still get it. But I really have to clear this with the wife. I actually have to clear it with myself.

I'm having a REAL hard time justifying $50/person for freaking breakfast!

How do you justify it????

The cost isn't about the breakfast. The food is the least of it.

How much is it worth to you to meet Darth Vader while you eat, while he comes to you, without your having to wait in an hour to two hour line to grab a quick photo?

We are booked for June 14th 8:20 am. Anyone know what they are serving for breakfast? Poly IPO didn't know.

Assorted pastries, choice of fruit or a yogurt parfait, entree and drink. No word on what the available entrees, drinks or pastries will be, or even what type of fruit and what flavor of yogurt. I think we can count on basic breakfast fare. Eggs, bacon or sausage, maybe some waffles or pancakes.

Finally got through...got 10:30 on June 7!!!! Yay....dd is so excited! Me too. This is so much better than standing around waiting to see characters! Don't much care what they serve for breakfast!!

Finally got through...got 10:30 on June 7!!!! Yay....dd is so excited! Me too. This is so much better than standing around waiting to see characters! Don't much care what they serve for breakfast!!
See you there!! We've got 10.55 on the 7th.

Pretty easy to Justify if you've been to other Star Wars Weekends

The last 2 times I attended Star Wars Weekends the lines to meet any of the characters was just crazy. I'm justifing it the same way. Standing in the heat and maybe getting to meet one or two, while waiting while they switch out the characters you've been trying to meet, or sitting inside and enjoying a meal while they come to you. The free Photopass picture with Ewok Chip and Dale is a nice touch also.

I DID IT! I got through thanks to a tip from the this thread about the star wars meals! We are locals and attend every Star Wars Weekend. We have 2 reservations just for my husband and I and then 2 for us and 2 other lucky friends.

Here is what we got:

May 4th Sci Fi @ 10:35am for 2
May 17th Hollywood and vine @ 6:25pm for 2
May 25th Sci Fi @ 9:35am for 4
June 7th Hollywood and vine @ 6:15pm for 4

This is going to be AWESOME!

Just booked for 10:30 on May 4. Not sure how excited the girls will be about meeting Darth Vader, but my husband can't wait!

Assorted pastries, choice of fruit or a yogurt parfait, entree and drink. No word on what the available entrees, drinks or pastries will be, or even what type of fruit and what flavor of yogurt. I think we can count on basic breakfast fare. Eggs, bacon or sausage, maybe some waffles or pancakes.

sci fi typically does not do breakfast so maybe they are trying it out. DHS is horrible for breakfast options but this will be a nice change of pace.

I was able to book a dinner for May 4th and a breakfast for May 9th!!! This more than makes up for the fact we are missing SWW this year!

:cool1::darth::yoda::chewy::cool1:

Forgive me if this has already been answered but what happens to those that already have a reservation for dinner at H&V before this was announced?

My DH and I have had a dinner reservation at H&V for May 31st for months now. Does this mean we pay the increased price or cancel? :confused3

Thanks for your help.

Carla

Forgive me if this has already been answered but what happens to those that already have a reservation for dinner at H&V before this was announced?

My DH and I have had a dinner reservation at H&V for May 31st for months now. Does this mean we pay the increased price or cancel? :confused3

Thanks for your help.

Carla

Im not 100% on this. First check to make sure it was not automatically cancelled. If it wasnt then you will have to cancel it if you don't want it or pay the increased price for the special experience.

I was able to book the dinner for 24th. :) Breakfast was out for my dates (25 or 26) already, but oh well. I'm happy I saw this thread/the announcement today versus tomorrow.

Uchi originally posted the tip but it got buried in a post. All credit goes to Uchi :)

thanks for the credit audrey! ;)

I have a question for anyone who knows a thing or two about photography... how can I get a decent picture with my son and the characters in the so so dark sci-fi dine in... all the pictures I have ever taken there come out totally dark. thanks for any tips!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter