Star Wars attraction development seems to be confirmed.

KTBMay52

Earning My Ears
I'm normally a compulsive lurker, but this was so exciting I was to post.

.insidethemagic.net/2013/07/d23-expo-to-offer-first-look-at-new-star-wars-avatar-attractions-for-disney-parks-plus-captain-america-virtual-rides/

( sorry about the not real link, I've got a low post count due to my incessant lurking. It's a main story on Inside the Magic)

It doesn't seem that we know where this attraction will go, but there is confirmation that a Star Wars attraction is in development.

Thoughts?

I little help for ya.

It is D23 related stuff.

Star Wars, Avatar, and Marvel

Among the biggest projects to be featured will be “teasers for new attractions based on Avatar and Star Wars” that are currently in development. The fact that Disney has admitted working on new Star Wars-based attractions is news unto itself...

...In addition, Captain America will be meeting and greeting with guests in the Imagineering pavilion as a preview of Marvel’s Avengers Academy, debuting on the reimagined Disney Magic in October as Disney’s first permanent Marvel-based attraction.

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2013/...ney-parks-plus-captain-america-virtual-rides/

Much appreciated :).

As a complete Star Wars fan, this is awesome. Slightly less awesome if it ends up at DCA/ DL, but still awesome.

Where do you think the Avengers Training Academy will be at the parks?

Not in the parks, it's on a cruise ship. Maybe eventually in DCA, I'd guess, but will likely roll out to the other ships first. Will likely never be in WDW.

Where do you think the Avengers Training Academy will be at the parks?

Universal owns the Marvel rights east of the Mississippi river. Looks like the lawyers found a loophole by putting it on a cruise ship.

If anyone can find the loophole, it would be the army of Disney lawyers. I'd imagine too that it would be an easier attraction to get onto a ship rather than a tradition ride-like experience.

I was recently on the ABD Backstage Magic tour of imagineering. We tried to get information out of them about what's coming. When the question came up of "Are there any Star Wars attractions being developed?" the imagineer answered with "I can't say....but it's Star Wars." and gave us a smile.

Even so, I don't need anyone to confirm that they are DEVELOPING attractions around Star Wars - the only question would be when and to what extent they would become reality.

In honestly hope they do any new Star Wars attraction with deep thought. Should one be built, I really hope they choose a good place for it, and put some real thought into it. Honestly, what else could they do, that works? Imo, the only next step for another Star Wars ride would be one with the same system as the HP attraction. Another simulator of any type would be bland.

Personally, I'd like to see the Muppets get an update, given they're in a middle of a revival. Now that said, it'd make sense to announce a Star Wars attraction so it opens in sync with the new movie.

Universal owns the Marvel rights east of the Mississippi river. Looks like the lawyers found a loophole by putting it on a cruise ship.

Shouldn't be too hard. If "east of the Mississippi" were meant to go beyond the coast, it would effectly be the whole planet, since everything east of the Mississippi to the west bank of the Mississippi are "east of the Mississippi".

I'm normally a compulsive lurker, but this was so exciting I was to post.

.insidethemagic.net/2013/07/d23-expo-to-offer-first-look-at-new-star-wars-avatar-attractions-for-disney-parks-plus-captain-america-virtual-rides/

( sorry about the not real link, I've got a low post count due to my incessant lurking. It's a main story on Inside the Magic)

It doesn't seem that we know where this attraction will go, but there is confirmation that a Star Wars attraction is in development.

Thoughts?

There has been an update to this article...

"Update – /Film spoke with Imagineering who made it very clear that they will not be announcing any new Star Wars attractions at the D23 Expo and any “clues” or “teases” they are hinting will merely be the fact that they are indeed working on something, leaving it at that."

That's all I took away from the original Disney Insider article. There has been only speculation until this point as to whether there would be development of another SW attraction/ experience, much less a SW "land". Now we know there is at least something in development. I have a feeling there won't be specific on whatever get developed until much closer to the Episode VII release. Nothing like a good movie tie-in.

From what I heard star wars to WDW. Marvel DL... projects to come over a ten year plan over a billion dollars each.

The Marvel on a cruise ship is interesting... There were rumours a while ago about disney considering at least one more new ship. What if this training thing is a bit of a trial before much more Marvel (entirely Marvel???) on a future ship?

I believe the Marvel contract specified "theme park" exclusivity, so the cruise ships are potential fair game. But there was also some details about certain other uses outside of the theme park but within something like 600 miles of USO...which could limit their ability to offer it for cruises out of Port Canaveral.

I love it when posts like these pop up and there's a flurry of armchair lawers pretending that because they read a PDF of a legal agreement between DSO and WDI , they somehow have authority on exactly what is happening(and happened) behind the scenes involving millions of dollars and billion dollar IPs.

The reality of the situation is that money talks, and agreements and compromises can , and often do, happen behind the scenes. Lets do everyone a favor an stop pretending like these documents are steel-clad.

Citing the "East of the Mississippi" deal just isn't impressive anymore.

I love it when posts like these pop up and there's a flurry of armchair lawers pretending that because they read a PDF of a legal agreement between DSO and WDI , they somehow have authority on exactly what is happening(and happened) behind the scenes involving millions of dollars and billion dollar IPs.

The reality of the situation is that money talks, and agreements and compromises can , and often do, happen behind the scenes. Lets do everyone a favor an stop pretending like these documents are steel-clad.

Citing the "East of the Mississippi" deal just isn't impressive anymore.

Deals that may or may not be in process do not change the existing contracts until they are completed, and so far, none have been completed. Feel free to read...most (not all) of the details are in fact public record. Section IV particularly:

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1262449/000119312510008732/dex1057.htm

(P.S. it wasn't 600 miles...it was 60 miles or 300 miles in a lot of cases, depending on the situation)

Deals that may or may not be ib process do not change the existing contracts until they are completed, and so far, none have been completed. Feel free to read...most (not all) of the details are in fact public record. Section IV particularly:

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1262449/000119312510008732/dex1057.htm

(P.S. it wasn't 600 miles...it was 60 miles or 300 miles in a lot of cases, depending on the situation)

I'm aware of that. You seem to have missed the point of my post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter