STAR WARS AT DISNEY WORLD IN SEPT OR OCTOBER???

Gillyrose779

DIS Veteran
So Disney currently has a Star Wars contest where the prize is a vacation to Disney. The catch is you have to take the vacation between Sept. 4 and Oct 31 this year. The prize also includes a Star Wars character meet and greet and a Star Wars inspired themed dining or dessert party. The companion must be 8 years or older too.

So my question is-- Is there anything going on in Sept or Oct for Star Wars??? Is this contest letting the cat out of the bag and something Star Wars related is coming- or could the contest prizes be wrong?

I think you're looking to much into this. I don't think nothing will be announced with this contest. I'm sure they are doing it now because of Star Wars weekends and then the vacation during that time because that time is a slower time for Disney.

I think you're looking to much into this. I don't think nothing will be announced with this contest. I'm sure they are doing it now because of Star Wars weekends and then the vacation during that time because that time is a slower time for Disney.

I bet I am reading too much into it. It is just a VERY short vacation window for a Disney contest. I'm a contest junkie and Disney always gives 6 months to a year, at least, to take the winning vacation. Only a two month window is unheard of unless there is a reason. Plus, if there is no Star Wars dining or dessert party in Sept or Oct then part of the contest is non-existent which is odd for an actual Disney contest to have that kind of an error. Also, why does the companion have to be at least 8 years old?

The Star Wars character meet/greet may just be special access to the current daily HS Star Wars stuff. The mention of the Star Wars themed dining or dessert party is a little more interesting? I could see this potentially pointing to Disney putting something together at HS between Frozen Summer and the Osborne lights / holiday stuff in November ... it would at least fit the timeframe

I think there's at least a decent chance they do the Star Wars meals at Hollywood and vine leading up to December... And maybe some other minor events as well.

You have to know where to look - in this case go on Disney's website and attempt to book the "frozen summer fun" package...

Any day you want - obviously they have mined that vein and will look to another to prop up a half closed park that has absolutely nothing going on.

...I just reread that - and it comes off as negative and I wasn't going there at all.

Truth is stranger than fiction sometimes.

I think there was discussion on various boards that Frozen Summer stuff has pulled folks over to HS, when they may not have even planned to hit that park this year ... reality is HS is in an awkward transition phase (to put it lightly)

I agree that they need whatever help to keep up attendance and interest in the near term. I would not be surprised to see the Rebel Hangar stay around as an event location with a 'premium' dessert party option added, or some other 'Star Wars' fun package to be booked.

I think there was discussion on various boards that Frozen Summer stuff has pulled folks over to HS, when they may not have even planned to hit that park this year ... reality is HS is in an awkward transition phase (to put it lightly)

I agree that they need whatever help to keep up attendance and interest in the near term. I would not be surprised to see the Rebel Hangar stay around as an event location with a 'premium' dessert party option added, or some other 'Star Wars' fun package to be booked.

Yeah...we can't get enough low budget/high price add-ons, can we?

The Star Wars character meet/greet may just be special access to the current daily HS Star Wars stuff. The mention of the Star Wars themed dining or dessert party is a little more interesting? I could see this potentially pointing to Disney putting something together at HS between Frozen Summer and the Osborne lights / holiday stuff in November ... it would at least fit the timeframe
I think with the movie release coming in December they will try to squeeze in some more Star Wars after frozen summer fun.

We are going in December and if they ANYTHING Star Ware we will be there. My kids are Star Wars fanatics! I'm actually shocked they haven't cashed in more on the franchise, especially with the movie coming up.

When I saw the wording on the giveaway, I immediately started hoping for some kind of special tie in leading up to the new release. Our next trip is September 4th, also the day the new movie merch is released and I have my fingers crossed that there is some kind of dining event:-)

When I saw the wording on the giveaway, I immediately started hoping for some kind of special tie in leading up to the new release. Our next trip is September 4th, also the day the new movie merch is released and I have my fingers crossed that there is some kind of dining event:-)

Now I DEFINITELY think something is going on- the contest vacation window starts September 4th- the EXACT DAY merchandise is being releases. I found this online:

"StarWars.com is thrilled to announce that Star Wars: The Force Awakens products will land in our galaxy on September 4, 2015, at 12:01 a.m. — “Force Friday” — with stores around the world opening their doors at midnight for a special celebration of all things Star Wars. It will be a day long remembered."

SOMETHING IS HAPPENING.....

So Disney currently has a Star Wars contest where the prize is a vacation to Disney. The catch is you have to take the vacation between Sept. 4 and Oct 31 this year. The prize also includes a Star Wars character meet and greet and a Star Wars inspired themed dining or dessert party. The companion must be 8 years or older too.

So my question is-- Is there anything going on in Sept or Oct for Star Wars??? Is this contest letting the cat out of the bag and something Star Wars related is coming- or could the contest prizes be wrong?

My guess would be that any announcement regarding Star Wars attractions at the theme parks would occur at the D23 Expo in August.

We are going in December and if they ANYTHING Star Ware we will be there. My kids are Star Wars fanatics! I'm actually shocked they haven't cashed in more on the franchise, especially with the movie coming up.

I would submit that the reason your last sentence is true is what you stated in your first sentence...

Riddle me this...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter