• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Tours ? ? ?

Star Tours or not???

• Yes, try it

• No, skip it

Results are only viewable after voting.

kbkids

<font color=cc0066>Loves the World in February<br>
We've always skipped this ride in the past - one kid wasn't tall enough, DH gets motion sickness, and I'm not a big Star Wars fan. But, wondering if we should try to work it in on this trip. We will have a very short amount of time in MGM this trip - we're only doing RNRC, TOT, Playhouse Disney, and LMAX.
But my little one is now tall enough, DH will still have to sit out, but should I try it on this trip? It won't be feasible to get a FP for it because we'll be holding one for RNRC, so if the line is long, it's not an option anyway. Just didn't want to waste time standing in a line if it's not that great. My kids aren't in to Star Wars - although my little one does like the characters - but they haven't seen the movies. They are 7 and 4. What do you think?

If you have time, then I would say sure! Try it! I'm not a Star Wars fan either, but I enjoy the ride. It's cute, nothing scary or upsetting at all. If you are worried about getting queasy, take a hard candy (like maybe a peppermint) to put in your mouth.

But, if it is going to stress you out, then skip it. You shouldn't have to stress over something on vacation. :flower:

If you have the time and the kid(s) are game for it, I say go for it.

I went on the ride and had a lot of fun. There is quite a bit of jostling around (you are dodging meteors or other objects, to the best of my recollection), but it is MUCH better than Mission: Space (where I did not fare too well).

I wish I could remember more of the ride -- I rode it this past November. I have it on my list of Things to Do when I go back in September. :flower:

My kids and DH loved it.....I hated it lol. My kids have never seen the movies and they thought it was fun and my DS hates pretty much every ride. I usually like everything but this one really upset my tummy.

DS(11) gets motion sickness on Star Tours and Body Tours, but not MS. I think he can't handle the side to side motion, but can handle spinning. He also gets sick everytime we cruise.

Although I will never step foot on this ride again because I didn't feel so hot when I got off of it, I voted to try it as long as you're not prone to motion sickness. It's pretty cool.

lovethattink said:
DS(11) gets motion sickness on Star Tours and Body Tours, but not MS. I think he can't handle the side to side motion, but can handle spinning. He also gets sick everytime we cruise.

The youngest has never done a simulator - the 7 yr old and I did MS. We didn't get sick, but neither one of us felt that great when we got off. She kept saying her throat hurt, so we got her a drink real quick, and she was fine.

TXTink said:
If you are worried about getting queasy, take a hardcandy(like maybe a peppermint) to put in your mouth.
Do not ride any rides w/candy (even gum) in your mouth! You could end up getting "tossed around" and you could end up choking on the candy!!

I remember an incident of a eating taffy (or chewing gum) while on a <a href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=11&k=roller%20coaster" onmouseover="window.status='roller coaster'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">roller coaster</a> and it got lodged in her throat and she ended up choking to while on the ride.

Eat any candy before or after riding!

It good but could do with a wee update, say based on the new film.
Star tours always sounded a strange name too.

Although you get jerked around a bit in Star Tours, most likely motion sickness would be due to the visual. If it starts to bother your husband, tell him to close his eyes. The movement isn't that much.

Daxx said:
Do not ride any rides w/candy (even gum) in your mouth! You could end up getting "tossed around" and you could end up choking on the candy!!

I remember an incident of a eating taffy (or chewing gum) while on a <a href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=11&k=roller%20coaster" onmouseover="window.status='roller coaster'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">roller coaster</a> and it got lodged in her throat and she ended up choking to while on the ride.

Eat any candy before or after riding!

Na.... It will be fine. Just put it between your teeth and cheek. Peppermint is a natural stomach soother. Maybe not a good idea for a young child (wait until it's over if they are bothered) but I think an adult would have to be pretty dumb to choke on a candy on that ride. It isn't that big of a deal.

Get a FP for the ride so that you don't waste time in line. When I took DS on the ride I paid more attention to him than the screen. When we were going "light speed" I hardly felt a thing when I was looking at him.

Actually riding stand-by is usually worth it. When we were there early June (during Star Wars week) we rode it stand-by with about a ten minute wait time (the time estimate posted outside was 35 minutes). I would figure that even with the additional SW-based traffic it would have been MUCH worse...

I usually stay away from roller coasters and get sea sick easily, but I loved Star Tours. Its one of the most memorable rides from when I went to WDW many years ago. If you get motion sickness its risky, but I thought it was a great experience.

My DD6 & DS5 are very picky on what rides they go on. Every year, they will add a few more to their list. However, they have been doing this one for the last two years and have loved it.

lovethattink said:

:wave2: Same thing happens to me, I can do mission space and the coasters but Star Tours make me very ill. Lucky for me I don't feel that I am missing much since even when I didn't get ill, I still was not a big fan of rides where you watch a film while your seat jerks around. :confused3

I would say do what you want to do most, and if you have time left then go ahead and try it out. You will always wonder what you have missed till you try it once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter