• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star tours ride

sms

DIS Veteran
How is this ride? Would it be okay to ride if you are claustophobic? I would hate to get on and start to feel closed in!!!:scared1:

I am also claustrophobic as well as getting terrible motion sickness. The first time I went on Star Tours... well let's just say I was out of commission for a good 3 hours. The claustrophobia thing is not so bad, as the ceiling is fairly high, and the inside of the "car" is pretty big (I would say there are at least 15 people in there at once), but if you get motion sickness watch out. I did try it again after a few years and getting a motion sickness patch to wear (I never go to Disney without one now) and it was not so bad, but I still felt a little queasy on the way out. For claustrophobes I would say the worst ride would be mission space. I have only gone on the green side of course because of the motion sickness thing, but on that I did get very nervous because of the small space. I glad I did it once, but never again.

How is this ride? Would it be okay to ride if you are claustophobic? I would hate to get on and start to feel closed in!!!:scared1:

You sit in a 'room' that measures at least 20' x 20' and all that straps you in is a seat belt. So it is hard to imagine that you would feel closed in.

:cheer2::cheer2:

I think you should be cautious if you are claustrophobic. PPs have said it's not small.. but I would disagree. Once everyone is strapped in, the doors close and there's no going back.
That said... you can wait in line and then inform the CM at the front that you'd like to look inside the ride before you decide to stay onboard. You can look and see if it's okay with you, and if you are not comfortable they will let you walk through and get off the other side without riding. I have seen people do this before without a problem.
So relax and check it out, and don't feel pressured to stay and ride if it looks too closed in for you.
-Sarah

also the 'best' seat in the house (IMO) is the middle of the back row. You get all the simulator feel w/o feeling like you are being shook to pieces and it feels more secure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter