Star Island Resort

KD5

Earning My Ears
For this trip my family of 5 decided to stay off Disney and chose the Star Island Resort at the recommendation of a friend. Has anyone ever stayed? Suggestions? Thanks!!:)

Read the TA reviews, will give you a mix of raves/rants to help you decide. We've stayed twice and I am in the group of being less than awed by the place (others find it fine for price). FWIW:

Good: big, spacious 2-3 bedroom, 2-3 bathroom units. Free WiFi. They do have some resort activities for families, if you want. Granite counters, TVs in every room, jacuzzi tubs. Full kitchen, nice for breakfast. Room for a big group is always nice.
Bad: old and dated, like the 80s Florida-style chic threw up everywhere. Very worn down, roughly used; think cheap and tacky with Days Inn-quality beds. Cleaning is an issue with me, I always have to give the place a once over before settling in. Last October the pool was freezing, hot tub luke-warm and staff did not seem to care.
Other: it is a TIMESHARE which means NO SERVICE. Do not fall for the 5-star self-promoting hype. You will do your own cleaning, no turndown service, etc. Spa is less than impressive, do not bother.
Cost: we've always had a good rate for the place, less than $80/night for 3 bedrooms (which is why we've stayed there); fine since were in the parks all day, but would not pay more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter