• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Card ? Sorcerer of the Magic Kingdom

Mickey527

DIS Veteran
I see people ask in particular for the "Star cards" for the game. I went through my grandson's cards and see that the first group all have star cards,, the middle 20 have left facing quarter moon and the last 20 have right sided quarter moon.
why do people ask for a "star card"? Is this because the first 20 are harder to find or is there a particular series that is harder to find? I know that they had some cards with different cuts on the edges but I didn't know they had different series.
anyone know?

People ask for the star cards because they are considered "rare" compared to the others cards. You get one star card in each free pack. Most people want the stars because they are harder to get. I had to learn the hard way the difference, I didn't know in the beginning that the star were rare and traded whenever someone asked for any other card that I needed. Now, I only trade star for star (I've seen that is standard in trading - star for star - moon for moon - lightning for lightning).
Hope that helps!! :)

Bolt - rarest only can be purchased in booster pack
Star - rare
Moon - uncommon
Planet - common

There's a minor difference between cards from the free deck vs. booster (purchased) deck.
So sometimes you will see people specifically asking for booster #x or free #x.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter