Staples Center

Mas17

Mouseketeer
We'll be in LA/San Diego area the 1st week of May. It will be dh, myself & 2 20 year old boys. Arriving in SD Sat 4/30, want to drive up to LA/Anaheim/Huntington Beach Plan on spending 3 nights up in LA then driving back down to SD.

Some sites I want to see while in LA

Staples Center - DS is a HUGE NBA fan. (how cheap are the cheapest tickets to a Laker game or are they always sold out)? I know it's play-off time. DS just wants to get inside for a game. Are there tours when games aren't going on or is there something always going on?

Hollywood - where's the best place to view it? Can you drive up to it or walk to it?

Graumans Theatre - How long should I expect to spend here?

Disney Soda Shop

Studio tour - worth it? (been to studio tour at WDW - similiar)

Rodeo Dr - just because - worth the trip?

Sunset Strip

Santa Monica Beach or Huntington Beach - preference?

Still need a place to stay. Want something clean, safe, but inexpensive, we'll only be sleeping/showering. We will have a rental car. Recommendations?

For San Diego - Tues - Fri. Leaving Sat

Balboa Park / Zoo

The Naval ships

Beach

Shopping - outlet mall or mall. Boys want to get some new threads, something they don't have at home.

What is the restaraunt owed by Travis Barker? In SD or LA?

ALso still looking for the same clean/safe/inexpensive hotel to stay at. DH will need to able to get to the Gaslamp Area for a conference.

I think we are also scheduled for a evening dinner cruise one night.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks for all your help!!! Can't wait to come out there!

re: Staples, playoff tix for the Lakers are essentially the hottest commodity in town from April - June. You can get them on StubHub, but expect to pay a very significant price for them, even for upper level seats. That said, for an NBA fanatic, a Lakers home playoff game is a GREAT experience. I have been fortunate to attend quite few, thanks to my office, and it is always exciting. Even my wife, who is not a basketball fan, loves going to the PO games.

If there is no game, I believe there are tours that you can take. Check the Staples Center website for information. However, open dates are scarce these days as both the Lakers and Kings are in the playoffs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter