Standard room request help for Yacht Club please? =)

jemetz

Earning My Ears
Hi!

We are staying at the Yacht Club for the first time next week for my son's birthday. Can anyone help with a room request for a standard view please? I have read that some of these rooms can be in really poor locations. We usually stay in the moderates so just being at this resort is a treat. =)

Thanks so very much for any help!

The Yacht Club Resort has three main view types:

1. Standard View - Room will likely face either trees, rooftops, and/or parking lots and service areas
2. Garden or Woods View - Room will likely face gardens, gazebo area, and/or trees and fences
3. Lagoon or Pool View - Best views facing Crescent Lake and Pool Areas, likely on higher floors

If the view is extremely important to you then I would recommend calling the resort prior to your arrival at (407) 934-7000 and requesting an upgrade, you can politely mention that its your son's birthday but just be prepared to possibly pay extra if the upgrade is available. As a last case scenario you can also request upon check-in to see if there is a chance but do not expect for it to be available. And as a final note, keep in mind that you will only be in your room to relax and sleep, you should be enjoying the parks the rest of the time! :)

Good luck!

Hi!

We are staying at the Yacht Club for the first time next week for my son's birthday. Can anyone help with a room request for a standard view please? I have read that some of these rooms can be in really poor locations. We usually stay in the moderates so just being at this resort is a treat. =)

We had only stayed at POFQ and Riverside, plus Wilderness Lodge too before staying at the YC for the first time three years ago. Now we are on our upcoming third trip to the YC. You will love it. I would request "close to elevator" as some of the walks can be long, especially if you need to go from your room over to the Marketplace (soda refil) at the BC. We do love to have a balcony and wonder how we lived without it for so many Disney trips in the past staying at moderates. Have a great trip!

Hi!

What is a poor location for you? If it is a location that has a long walk to the lobby, then request a room near the lobby. It will probably have a view of the parking lot or ugly roofs, though. If a parking lot or roof view room isn't your preference, then request a woods view room. These rooms have lovely views (I have stayed in these) but they are a loooong walk from the lobby! Nice to sit on your quiet and peaceful balcony and feel a million miles away from the hubbub in the theme parks, though. Very tranquil while relaxing with a favourite beverage!

Enjoy the YC! It is a great resort!

We had a great (IMO) standard view room out last stay. Our first room was over the garbage dump :sad2: so I went back to desk and asked if I could have a different room. Was given a room that was above lobby portico and was a great location close to lobby elevator, to the right you could see bus stop, looking straight ahead just trees. It was a big balcony shared by 4 rooms, but most times I was the only one using it.
To add calling resort just puts you thru to a call centre. Even though they answer as YC, it's not. Your best bet is to add your request to your reservation.

ry=400-1.jpeg ry=400.jpeg

We stayed in a standard room that we loved. It was near the elevators and lobby. We had a wonderful room~I don't remember 100% but it was for sure room 2064 or 2164). It was a corner room that was quiet, off by itself and only a few minutes walk to the lobby and transportation areas.

Thank you, all! Close to the lobby and elevators sounds like our "wish." I will call and add the request to our reservation. Greatly appreciate the advice and as long as we are not over the "garbage dumpster, " we will be over the moon. =)

Last edited:
We just returned on Monday from a stay that included YC. We had room 4118 and it turned out to be a great location. Quiet, over looking trees. An easy walk straight down the hall to the elevator that comes out near the laundry room, and the secret entrance just next to the boat dock.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter